+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

why is Buffalo so slow??

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
pooja123 said:
I am confused.... I have sent my application in end of March 2010....
does that mean till next 16 months they will not look into my file? (till July 2011)
and after that they will take 8 more months to finalize the case? (March 2012)

That's worst I have come across in Canada application process....

:eek:
That's what's going on now. It may get worse. So don't come to Canada to apply for FSW PR. Apply in your home country, wherever it is, as Buffalo is the slowest of all.

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
Can I request them to process it from New Delhi while I am resident of USA?
or I can only request to transfer file once I move to India to stay?

dreaming of canada

Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all
I also applied to Buffalo in the FSW category and while I was looking at the CIC Buffalo website I also clicked on "employment opportunities". I am American and was curious. At that time they were looking for people to process applications etc. So perhaps they are working on getting some more employees on board. I also scratched my head at their processing times as it appears to be misleading!

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
pooja123 said:
Can I request them to process it from New Delhi while I am resident of USA?
or I can only request to transfer file once I move to India to stay?
If you're already in the US, I don't know what to say. New Delhi seems to be the fastest visa office in the world right now. Why not apply to New Delhi then? If your ultimate goal is getting Canadian PR ASAP, you'd want to go home and apply to New Delhi. Or stay in the US if you're trying to get both US GC and CA PR simultaneously, whichever comes faster--I saw most people get GC before their Canadian FSW apps get even processed at Buffalo these days.

maoist

Jul 18, 2009
Let's wish that with so many cases on their hands, they are more lenient processing the cases, i.e., lesser rate of rejection.

or is this just wishing thinking ....

PMM said:
Hi

Because they get most of the CEC cases, the PNP cases as well as FSW where the applicant is working in Canada.

PMM

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
dreaming of canada said:
Hey all
I also applied to Buffalo in the FSW category and while I was looking at the CIC Buffalo website I also clicked on "employment opportunities". I am American and was curious. At that time they were looking for people to process applications etc. So perhaps they are working on getting some more employees on board. I also scratched my head at their processing times as it appears to be misleading!
Can you please share link for Buffalo timeline?

dreaming of canada

Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pooja what I meant was what was posted under application processing times for Buffalo. According to the CIC site 30 and 50% of cases are processed in 6 months and 70 and 80 % are processed in 8 months. I am understanding that is from the time they give the AOR from Buffalo. In the meantime there are many posters here that say its been alot longer then what they posted and still no movement so it makes you wonder...

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
Any I idea how much time it take to get AOR from Buffalo office.. in one post it was written 64 weeks (1yr + 4 months), it that true?

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
dreaming of canada said:
Pooja what I meant was what was posted under application processing times for Buffalo. According to the CIC site 30 and 50% of cases are processed in 6 months and 70 and 80 % are processed in 8 months. I am understanding that is from the time they give the AOR from Buffalo. In the meantime there are many posters here that say its been alot longer then what they posted and still no movement so it makes you wonder...
No, they are 6 or 8 mos after processing. It takes additional 64 wks or more these days before your app status changes to "In Process". So we are talking about min. 2 yrs in total here.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
googleman said:
No, they are 6 or 8 mos after processing. It takes additional 64 wks or more these days before your app status changes to "In Process". So we are talking about min. 2 yrs in total here.

No man, it is not the way it works in Buffalo. I know that Buffalo is one of the worst visa offices under the new rules but the timeline is not 8 months after they start processing the application. it is 8 to 12 months from the date of receipt of your application at the visa office (not the CIO) to start the processing. After this point, it depends on each case individually (how complex or easy the case is). after they start processing the application, some people get their medical request after 2 weeks and others after 3 months or more (depends on the case and the immigration officer who is dealing with the case).

However, i am still critisizing Buffalo for being too slow comparing to other visa offices and would advise anyone to apply for his country of nationality visa office rather than the dead office Buffalo.

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
professional 1 said:
No man, it is not the way it works in Buffalo. I know that Buffalo is one of the worst visa offices under the new rules but the timeline is not 8 months after they start processing the application. it is 8 to 12 months from the date of receipt of your application at the visa office (not the CIO) to start the processing. After this point, it depend on each case individually (how complex or easy the case is). after they start processing the application, some people get their medical request after 2 weeks and others after 3 months or more (depends on the case and the immigration officer who is dealing with the case).

However, i am still critisizing Buffalo for being too slow comparing to other visa offices and would advise anyone to apply for his country of nationality visa office rather than the dead office Buffalo.
I agree there's no standard timeline, and it depends on individual case. But there are few cases that were finalized within 8-12 mos after their AOR from Buffalo, but the majority haven't heard anything from Buffalo since they received their AOR from Buffalo. So Buffalo says now it may take 64 wks before processing, but I have seen many people whose apps are held in Buffalo for more than 64 wks with no status change--still "Received by Visa Office"; most of them happen to be in-Canada applicants. There were some transfers out of Buffalo to Detroit, NYC, or LA, but they are all US residents. And there are many many people who sent their medicals in 2009 but haven't heard anything from Buffalo for several months. So it more and more looks like the whole process takes min 2 yrs these days, at least for the majority of us in-Canada applicants.

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
There were some transfers out of Buffalo to Detroit, NYC, or LA, but they are all US residents
I am living in MA, USA on temp work visa. I had impression that Buffalo is the only option for me. But as mentioned by googleman;
can I ask to transfer my case to other center ?
Thanks....

hicham437

Star Member
Dec 28, 2008
I ask the opposite question. Why Buffalo office is so fast in processing Quebec Skilled Workers files? less than 6 months :mad:! I know three personal cases. Lets switch to QSW :-X
Good Fate

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
pooja123 said:
I am living in MA, USA on temp work visa. I had impression that Buffalo is the only option for me. But as mentioned by googleman;
can I ask to transfer my case to other center ?
Thanks....
No, Buffalo is the only visa office that handles all the US FSW apps. Unless you move back to India, I don't think you can transfer your app to New Delhi.