+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

why is Buffalo so slow??

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
hicham437 said:
I ask the opposite question. Why Buffalo office is so fast in processing Quebec Skilled Workers files? less than 6 months :mad:! I know three personal cases. Lets switch to QSW :-X
Good Fate
From what I've heard, that's true. So apply for PR QSW if you're qualified, that is, if you speak French.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pooja123 said:
I am living in MA, USA on temp work visa. I had impression that Buffalo is the only option for me. But as mentioned by googleman;
can I ask to transfer my case to other center ?
Thanks....
pooja123,
If you are an Indian citizen, you can apply to New Delhi, no matter where you are currently. You don't need to be residing there or do not need to move back to India to do that. Read carefully EG7 where it is clearly stated:
Visa Office requested for the processing of your application: You must select and write the name of the Visa Office which serves:
• your country of nationality; or
• the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year.

home

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
You can apply in the country of residence (if you have been admitted to it for at least one year) or your country of citizenship.

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
I am living in USA for more than a year.
But as "garian4u" said,
• your country of nationality; [glow=red,2,300]or[/glow]
• the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year.

Or means choice.

Now question to discuss for those who are looking for faster processing including me;
suppose we get AOR in 7th week, how can we request to transfer file from Buffalo to New-Delhi (in my case) or your national country;

File t/f would take time (approx 3 months)
if I add New Delhi processing time + 3 month for t/f file = Buffalo processing time
then it is no use.

But it is definitely good for those who wants to apply fresh, and we can help them by share this.

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Pooja

Please refer to the following CIC bulletin wherein it's clearly mentioned that file will not be transferred for any reason other than to protect program integrity

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob180.asp

I was planning to submit a request to Buffalo to transfer my file to ND as I am relocating but seems the request will not be entertained as per this bulletin..

So please choose your visa office accordingly while filing your application..

Hope this helps..

cheers!