+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why did MIFI returned documents asking for IRCC letter when this was already included?

henrik_12345

Sep 19, 2022
Hello. That is not the letter that you need. While it is a nice reminder that your application is in the right hands, it does not provide the infomration that MIFI needs to proceed with your provincial application. I sent that letter two times and MIFI sent my packet back two times.

Save yourselves some money, keep being patient for the correct letter then send your package just once. Really validate all your documents well so you are confident that when you do send it, there is nothing missing.

Hope this helps. Hang in there!!
Thanks,

I also just called MIFI, And they also said that it's not enough and I need to call IRCC...
They really enjoy making this process confusing and complicated! :)

mach3.0

Nov 10, 2022
Thanks,

I also just called MIFI, And they also said that it's not enough and I need to call IRCC...
Perhaps we should just wait for the next letter. Hopefully it arrives soon. Calling IRCC might just be time-consuming and I suppose they'll just tell you to wait.

Thanks for your answer @Cali2Quebec!

Cali2Quebec

Feb 22, 2022
Lévis, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2021
AOR Received.
19-01-2022
Med's Request
2022-02-23
Med's Done....
2022-03-04
Thanks,

Calling IRCC (at least 6 months ago) was a waste of my time. I never reached a human and I was calling 15+ times per day, 5 days a week.

• Angry
Reactions: QC_

canvasblue

Nov 10, 2022
Thanks everyone, esp @Cali2Quebec .This really clarifies things as my partner just received the AOR letter today. May I ask about how long after you submitted your application did you receive the letter for MIFI?
Also for @mach3.0, what's your status in the PR tracker so far? My eligibility and medical exam have both passed, but background is still not started

jachan

Mar 11, 2022
Montreal
I

I am also in the same boat as you. Perhaps some people from the previous comments could help us figure it out? Was the letter that doesnt mention that the sponsor met the requirements enough? @Karelijä, @jachan
I second what @Cali2Quebec said. That letter is not the correct one. As mentioned above, it should look like this: https://sites.google.com/view/canadaspousalsponsorship201820/home/forms/quebec/csq-request

Unfortunately, this whole process can take a long time…

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hello everyone!

My husband and I sent our CSQ and Undertaking forms to MIFI on Jan 10.
On February 9th aprox. they returned our entire package back, with a letter that specified we need:

In French:
- Une copie de la lettre de Citoyennete et immigration Canada conforme
Which means in english:
A copy of the letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada conforming

However we did include in our application said letter,
We applied to our Sponsorship and residency as instructed by our immigration consultant in December, and they confirmed they have our information in December 2020, in this same confirmation the letter instructed to use this document in order to apply for CSQ
It specifically says

"You must enclose a copy of this correspondence with your Undertaking application to MIFI"

The letter is only confirming they got our info tho, and it said before they start processing we need to send the CSQ.

But the website on the Quebec gov contradicts IRCC by saying they only approve the CSQ if IRCC accepts the residency?
We are pretty confused about this, we send everything that needed to be sent and now we no longer know how to proceed.

Anyone in 2022 or 2021 experienced the same?
Please help, thank you for your responses!
After receiving confirmation from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that your undertaking application is eligible, you must submit an undertaking application to the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI).
you shouldnt send the appliction to Quebec immigration before the IRCC send you that you are eligible

henrik_12345

Sep 19, 2022
@mach3.0

Hi, just an update. finally managed to reach IRCC, they said that the sponsor has been approved for a few weeks, so they send the sponsor approval letter after we called. So if anyone received the first letter from ircc but not the sponsor approval, try calling them.
Also, the sponsor must be the one who talks to them.

Last edited:

mach3.0

Nov 10, 2022
@canvasblue
@mach3.0

Did any of you receive the SA yet?
I actually still haven't received it even though after I called they confirmed it wasn't sent yet and that they would send it "soon".
Following the advice of a friend, I actually sent the letter I received to MIFI. They already charged me and sent me the AOR. Hopefully at this stage they won’t return it.