+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why did MIFI returned documents asking for IRCC letter when this was already included?

kvonrosen

Apr 4, 2019
Honduras
Category........
Hello everyone!

My husband and I sent our CSQ and Undertaking forms to MIFI on Jan 10.
On February 9th aprox. they returned our entire package back, with a letter that specified we need:

In French:
- Une copie de la lettre de Citoyennete et immigration Canada conforme
Which means in english:
A copy of the letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada conforming

However we did include in our application said letter,
We applied to our Sponsorship and residency as instructed by our immigration consultant in December, and they confirmed they have our information in December 2020, in this same confirmation the letter instructed to use this document in order to apply for CSQ
It specifically says

"You must enclose a copy of this correspondence with your Undertaking application to MIFI"

The letter is only confirming they got our info tho, and it said before they start processing we need to send the CSQ.

But the website on the Quebec gov contradicts IRCC by saying they only approve the CSQ if IRCC accepts the residency?
We are pretty confused about this, we send everything that needed to be sent and now we no longer know how to proceed.

Anyone in 2022 or 2021 experienced the same?
Please help, thank you for your responses!

Cali2Quebec

Feb 22, 2022
Lévis, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2021
AOR Received.
19-01-2022
Med's Request
2022-02-23
Med's Done....
2022-03-04
I am in exactly the same situation as you. Undertaking application was returned yesterday stating I need to include a letter from Immigration Canada approving the sponsorship. So confused since the AOR letter told us to apply for CSQ and include that exact letter.

Any progress on your end? I plan on calling this Friday with my partner to sort it out.

They also said I didn't indicate the right amount for fees. I am the only one being sponsored. My children are already Canadian citizens and are minors.

glesword

Mar 8, 2013
Your should include the letter that was received by the sponsor. Containing:
This confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner In
Canada Class was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on (DATE they received the application)
on behalf of the following family member(s):
PRINCIPAL APPLICANT: ( name of PA and date of birth)
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.

Provincial Requirements for Residents of Québec

As a resident of the province of Québec, you must submit an undertaking application to the Provincial
Government. To download the required forms, please consult the Ministère de l'immigration, de la
diversité et de l'inclusion (MIDI) website at
www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca (Sponsors and
Sponsored Persons section). Complete the required forms and promptly submit them to the MIDI at
the address provided in the provincial guide within 30 days from the date of this letter. Do not
submit any of the MIDI forms to this office as they will only be returned to you.

You must enclose a copy of this correspondence with your undertaking application to MIDI. If you
received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you. You
may print a copy to be enclosed with your undertaking application to MIDI.

For further information regarding provincial requirements, please contact the Province of Québec
General Inquiries Services at 514-864-9191 or 1-877-864-9191.

Failure to comply with the above may result in the refusal of your relative’s application for permanent
residence. Should that occur, no further consideration will be given to that application for permanent
residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee is applicable to your application. If you chose to defer
payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date. Your relative(s) will
not be granted permanent residence status until this payment is submitted

jachan

Mar 11, 2022
Montreal
I am in exactly the same situation as you. Undertaking application was returned yesterday stating I need to include a letter from Immigration Canada approving the sponsorship. So confused since the AOR letter told us to apply for CSQ and include that exact letter.

Any progress on your end? I plan on calling this Friday with my partner to sort it out.

They also said I didn't indicate the right amount for fees. I am the only one being sponsored. My children are already Canadian citizens and are minors.
Hello there,
Unfortunately, I’m in the same boat as you. Could you kindly tell me if you’ve made any progress? Thanks!

jachan

Mar 11, 2022
Montreal
Hello everyone!

My husband and I sent our CSQ and Undertaking forms to MIFI on Jan 10.
On February 9th aprox. they returned our entire package back, with a letter that specified we need:

In French:
- Une copie de la lettre de Citoyennete et immigration Canada conforme
Which means in english:
A copy of the letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada conforming

However we did include in our application said letter,
We applied to our Sponsorship and residency as instructed by our immigration consultant in December, and they confirmed they have our information in December 2020, in this same confirmation the letter instructed to use this document in order to apply for CSQ
It specifically says

"You must enclose a copy of this correspondence with your Undertaking application to MIFI"

The letter is only confirming they got our info tho, and it said before they start processing we need to send the CSQ.

But the website on the Quebec gov contradicts IRCC by saying they only approve the CSQ if IRCC accepts the residency?
We are pretty confused about this, we send everything that needed to be sent and now we no longer know how to proceed.

Anyone in 2022 or 2021 experienced the same?
Please help, thank you for your responses!
Hi!
Unfortunately, I’m in the same boat as you. Did you end up finding the answer? Any advice would be very much appreciated!

liste

Mar 27, 2021
I am just writing to say that I have the same problem, too. Thanks to @jachan for helping me find this thread! I know this isn't very helpful, but I want to follow this thread so that I can get answers. My detailed post is here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/csq-for-family-class-sponsorship-application-spouse.605219/post-9993347

Let's help each other figure this one out! I've tried calling the IRCC, but haven't been able to get through.

@glesword I received those two things in two separate emails.

- The one with "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on ..." did not have a PDF, but did have my permanent application number.
- The one with "As a resident of the province of Québec, you must submit an undertaking application to the Provincial Government ..." was received earlier (in a PDF) and had my temporary application number.

Should I submit both of those emails / PDFs together and that would be what they want?

jachan

Mar 11, 2022
Montreal
I am just writing to say that I have the same problem, too. Thanks to @jachan for helping me find this thread! I know this isn't very helpful, but I want to follow this thread so that I can get answers. My detailed post is here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/csq-for-family-class-sponsorship-application-spouse.605219/post-9993347

Let's help each other figure this one out! I've tried calling the IRCC, but haven't been able to get through.

@glesword I received those two things in two separate emails.

- The one with "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on ..." did not have a PDF, but did have my permanent application number.
- The one with "As a resident of the province of Québec, you must submit an undertaking application to the Provincial Government ..." was received earlier (in a PDF) and had my temporary application number.

Should I submit both of those emails / PDFs together and that would be what they want?
I also tried calling the IRCC, but was unable to get through. I contacted MIFI and was told, “I’m not sure, so send everything you have”. Not very helpful. Yesterday, I decided to send the two documents you referred to in your post, and we’ll see what happens.

liste

Mar 27, 2021
Thank you! I look forward to hearing if it works for you. I have not re-sent yet, but maybe I will; I'll keep you posted.

Cali2Quebec

Feb 22, 2022
Lévis, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2021
AOR Received.
19-01-2022
Med's Request
2022-02-23
Med's Done....
2022-03-04
Update from my end; turns out the email message from IRCC stating that the sponsorship has been approved was hiding in my wife's inbox. There was not a PDF associated with it, which is why I think we overlooked it at first. I simply printed the email and resent my package to MIFI.

They didn't return the AOR letter that I had sent in my original package, so now they will have both. I would probably send the AOR and the approval of sponsorship at the same time if you are submitting to MIFI for the first time.

It is impossible to connect to IRCC by phone it seems. Frustrating.

Reactions: liste

liste

Mar 27, 2021
@Cali2Quebec What is a phrase that can help me search my emails for the "approval of sponsorship" email?

Is the email that contains "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on ... " the AOR email or the "approval of sponsorship" email?

For the CSQ, I need the "approval of sponsorship" email?

Cali2Quebec

Feb 22, 2022
Lévis, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2021
AOR Received.
19-01-2022
Med's Request
2022-02-23
Med's Done....
2022-03-04
@Cali2Quebec What is a phrase that can help me search my emails for the "approval of sponsorship" email?

Is the email that contains "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on ... " the AOR email or the "approval of sponsorship" email?

For the CSQ, I need the "approval of sponsorship" email?
Here is the subject line from the email we received :
Subject: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about [your application #] Correspondence Id: [X-XXXXXXXXXXX]

First paragraph :
Dear [your sponsor's name, my wife],

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2021/12/17 on behalf of the following member(s):

[sponsored person, me]

Reactions: liste

Cali2Quebec

Feb 22, 2022
Lévis, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2021
AOR Received.
19-01-2022
Med's Request
2022-02-23
Med's Done....
2022-03-04
Here is the subject line from the email we received :
Subject: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about [your application #] Correspondence Id: [X-XXXXXXXXXXX]

First paragraph :
Dear [your sponsor's name, my wife],

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2021/12/17 on behalf of the following member(s):

[sponsored person, me]
Sooo, another update. I resent the package with the letter that I thought they had requested the first time they returned my package.

Well, I guess that wasn't it because they sent my package back to me a second time requesting the letter from IRCC stating the "parrainage est recevable".

I am at a loss now. I don't know what exactly they are looking for and IRCC is impossible to connect to by phone to get a response.

Anyone else have updates on their applications?

jachan

Mar 11, 2022
Montreal
Sooo, another update. I resent the package with the letter that I thought they had requested the first time they returned my package.

Well, I guess that wasn't it because they sent my package back to me a second time requesting the letter from IRCC stating the "parrainage est recevable".

I am at a loss now. I don't know what exactly they are looking for and IRCC is impossible to connect to by phone to get a response.

I guess that means the undertaking application I sent for the second time will be refused too. I sent the same documents as you did. This might be the letter they want: https://sites.google.com/view/canadaspousalsponsorship201820/home/forms/quebec/csq-request

I'm still confused why the AOR letter stated to apply for CSQ (and include that exact letter).

Cali2Quebec

Feb 22, 2022
Lévis, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2021
AOR Received.
19-01-2022
Med's Request
2022-02-23
Med's Done....
2022-03-04
@jachan I got an email that you replied, but it isnt showing up on the thread. It is very confusing how the AOR specifically tells us to submit for CSQ. I wonder when we are supposed to receive the correct document or email? and do we need to call IRCC to make sure they send it?

Pasting your response here so others can use the information.

''I guess that means the undertaking application I sent for the second time will be refused too. I sent the same documents as you did. This might be the document they want.

I'm still confused why the AOR letter told us to apply for CSQ (and include that exact letter). ''

liste

Mar 27, 2021

Thank you for updating us! I am sorry to hear that those were not the documents they were looking for. With taxes right now, I have not had time to re-submit mine to the MIFI, so I don't have any additional information. Hopefully someone will be able to help us, but while we are waiting, thank you so much for letting us all know what is going on.