+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why are newer applications being processed before older ones?

abart

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
It's very frustrating to read about all the applications being approved from 2020/2021 when many of us are waiting from 2018/2019. Does IRCC not process applications in order? This is completely unfair and truly heartbreaking for families waiting to be united.

Realman007

Jun 19, 2021
It's very frustrating to read about all the applications being approved from 2020/2021 when many of us are waiting from 2018/2019. Does IRCC not process applications in order? This is completely unfair and truly heartbreaking for families waiting to be united.
IRCC do process applications in order but the time factor depends on the complexity of the application, some applications are straight forward and takes no time to get approved The standard time line for Outland Spousal Immigration is about 11-12 months in routine, but if it takes longer then you can call & inquire. I have seen an example in which it took just 60 days for the passport request email after CPC Sydney received the apllication for Outland Spousal Immigration .
Thanks

Reactions: krishnat

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
IRCC do process applications in order but the time factor depends on the complexity of the application, some applications are straight forward and takes no time to get approved The standard time line for Outland Spousal Immigration is about 11-12 months in routine, but if it takes longer then you can call & inquire. I have seen an example in which it took just 60 days for the passport request email after CPC Sydney received the apllication for Outland Spousal Immigration .
Thanks
Very true. They start out mostly in order, but the length of time for the entire process depends a lot on the contents of what’s actually in that application and other factors.

kpaxian

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-07-2021
Med's Request
20-07-2021
Med's Done....
16-08-2021
Thanks
I don't know. In May and June, they were sending out AORs for inland applications received in December 2020 and January 2021. Meanwhile, I'm a November 5 2020 applicant, and I haven't gotten mine yet. I've called them and they said it was deemed complete on March 29, yet 3 months later I've got no AOR.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Personally I feel they working back to back as in working on older cases as much as newer cases to avoid backlogs again. I believe some files do take longer due to complications but in the case where files haven't even started processing are we also gonna term them complicated files. There are several cases from various threads where we have older files not started processing and newer ones processing. For me I think I would only say its complicated when it's in process and taking long.

But the most dependent factor which I realised from most threads is the VO. some VO's are quite responsive and others no. Really unpredictable how IRCC works. I also believe there is a factor dependent on how they work which most of us don't know hopefully an ANGEL can share some good info as mine are just objective opinions.

Reactions: DiiDii

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
BREAKING: IRCC is unfair. :p

kpaxian

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-07-2021
Med's Request
20-07-2021
Med's Done....
16-08-2021
It's just silly when it seems like if we had sent our application in a couple weeks later, we would have had AOR by now.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I don't know. In May and June, they were sending out AORs for inland applications received in December 2020 and January 2021. Meanwhile, I'm a November 5 2020 applicant, and I haven't gotten mine yet. I've called them and they said it was deemed complete on March 29, yet 3 months later I've got no AOR.
Usuallly when an application is deemed complete, you should get your application number. Did you ask for your application number over the phone? Check your junk mail folder to see if the AOR email is there. May even worth to call them again to make sure that you've reached AOR and get your application number so you can link it.

kpaxian

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-07-2021
Med's Request
20-07-2021
Med's Done....
16-08-2021
Usuallly when an application is deemed complete, you should get your application number. Did you ask for your application number over the phone? Check your junk mail folder to see if the AOR email is there. May even worth to call them again to make sure that you've reached AOR and get your application number so you can link it.
Nope. I've been checking various things every day using the prospective application number minus the X. The IVR (automated IRCC phone system) says it was received (I recently discovered that you must use applicant's year of birth with the IVR. If you use the sponsor's, it can't find it), but nothing else. ECAS and GCKey can't find it at all.

When I called last month, the phone agent said that a "DCR Deemed Complete" note was added on March 29, and they confirmed that the application was still prospective and that no AOR had been sent. They could not guarantee that the application would not be returned for incompleteness (only the AOR guarantees this), and they could not provide an estimate for when the AOR would be sent. They say that because it is still a prospective application, there is not much information in the system.

Two weeks ago, I contacted my MP's office to get more information from IRCC. I wrote the full response here. Essentially, it seems that they are processing sponsorship eligibility, applicant eligibility, and criminality. This to me would indicate that they are doing some substantial work on the file. And yet the application is still "prospective" in the system, and no AOR has been sent. It's really very strange.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Nope. I've been checking various things every day with the prospective application number minus the X. The IVR (automated IRCC phone system) says it was received (I recently discovered that you must use applicant's date of birth with the IVR, or it can't find it), but nothing else. ECAS and GCKey can't find it at all.

When I called last month, the phone agent said that a "DCR Deemed Complete" note was added on March 29, and they confirmed that the application was still prospective and that no AOR had been sent. They could not guarantee that the application would not be returned for incompleteness (only the AOR guarantees this), and they could not provide an estimate for when the AOR would be sent.

Two weeks ago, I contacted my MP's office to get more information from IRCC. I wrote the full response here. Essentially, it seems that they are processing sponsorship eligibility, applicant eligibility, and criminality. This to me would indicate that they are doing some substantial work on the file. And yet the application is still "prospective" in the system, and no AOR has been sent. It's really very strange.
Agree that is strange. Never heard of processing without AOR. Good luck.
I think you've done everything on your side.

Reactions: kpaxian

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Thanks
No they don't process them in order. My application was received on the 2nd of September 2020 and still no AOR.

abart

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
The whole complicated files thing is a complicate lie. Our friends had almost identical application, submitted 6 months after us and already have a PR. Saying some applications are more complicated is an excuse for IRCC negligence.

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Definitely they are not following first come first served system because they have same excuse for each case which is COVID. If you ask them anything then they will say it is due to COVID. They think that we are kids and they can fool us.
If they are working according to receiving date then they wont give AOR randomly.
They are processing applications based on nationality of PA.

Reactions: Idrissrafd

kpaxian

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-07-2021
Med's Request
20-07-2021
Med's Done....
16-08-2021
They are processing applications based on nationality of PA.
The information on the spreadsheets doesn't support this. People from all sorts of countries are long overdue for getting an AOR. My applicant is from the USA and we have no AOR after 8 months now. There's no pattern to it.