+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why are newer applications being processed before older ones?

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
The whole complicated files thing is a complicate lie. Our friends had almost identical application, submitted 6 months after us and already have a PR. Saying some applications are more complicated is an excuse for IRCC negligence.
Almost identical how? You have the same proof, the same Schedule A, the same travel history, the same timeline for your relationship, the same communication between partners? You have the same everything?

No two applications are identical. Even if two look similar, no two are the same and therefore won’t be processed at the exact same speed and time, especially when not handled by the same worker or visa office.

Reactions: cjr

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
You're right they aren't identical. My friends application had felony records and ours did not.
And that’s an argument yours should go faster? Unfortunately it doesn’t work like that.

Unless your cases were very similar and processed at the same visa office by the same person, you can’t make general comparisons.

And yes, that’s exactly my point. The visa office does play a role.

abart

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
The fact that applications go to specific VO's is inherently problematic. Applications should be in one big pool that can be processed by anyone. There is no need to send an application to a specific office. It should all be available electronically for any office to view and work on not just a select office.

Reactions: Idrissrafd

Nazban

Mar 25, 2021
Nope. I've been checking various things every day using the prospective application number minus the X. The IVR (automated IRCC phone system) says it was received (I recently discovered that you must use applicant's year of birth with the IVR. If you use the sponsor's, it can't find it), but nothing else. ECAS and GCKey can't find it at all.

When I called last month, the phone agent said that a "DCR Deemed Complete" note was added on March 29, and they confirmed that the application was still prospective and that no AOR had been sent. They could not guarantee that the application would not be returned for incompleteness (only the AOR guarantees this), and they could not provide an estimate for when the AOR would be sent. They say that because it is still a prospective application, there is not much information in the system.

Two weeks ago, I contacted my MP's office to get more information from IRCC. I wrote the full response here. Essentially, it seems that they are processing sponsorship eligibility, applicant eligibility, and criminality. This to me would indicate that they are doing some substantial work on the file. And yet the application is still "prospective" in the system, and no AOR has been sent. It's really very strange.
There was a huge gap of people in October 7th -November7th 2020 that didn't get processed. Most of our applications were 'deemed complete' in late March, right before the March 2021 Ontario lockdown. My guess is that with the lockdown, lot of these applications were just forgotten my the IRCC Mississauga branch and they started processing a bunch of November-December 2020 applicants. COVID isn't an excuse to their behavior, but it's definitely a factor at play.

As of last month, they've started processing more October AORs, but IRCC is lacking a lot of logistical accountability in the way they process applicants. We have applicants in November getting access to the CoPR portal before they even look at some September-October applicants, which is just crazy.

Reactions: DiiDii and kpaxian

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
From what I understand it's less about how complicated the application is and more about how incompetent the VO that your application goes to is.
Not necessarily. If you pivot the data from the tracker and look at it from a VO filter, it's still all over the place. We went to London, where a lot of Jan - Mar 20 applicants are stuck, while Aug - Oct 20 applicants got PPR. I do believe it depends on how efficient the officer your batch assigned to is. Again, speculation.

No one on this forum really knows the reason. What we do know for sure is that there is no standard method, else applicants wouldn't be all over the place.

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
The information on the spreadsheets doesn't support this. People from all sorts of countries are long overdue for getting an AOR. My applicant is from the USA and we have no AOR after 8 months now. There's no pattern to it.
Spreadsheets clearly shows that applicant from some countries are getting passport requests within few weeks of Decision made on ECAS , while some people are still waiting for the passport request since March 2021.
My application was approved on 17th April 2021 and I am still waiting for passport request.
Whenever I ask them anything they say it is due to COVID but in reality it is due their system which does not follow first come first served basis. COVID is just an excuse.

Reactions: Idrissrafd

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
IRCC is not fair basically.. I know a Feb 2021 Applicant who got their AOR in 3 weeks. Me (dec 2020) got it in 2 months, and a freind of mine who is (oct 2020), got it in 5 months... seems to be a pattern here...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Spreadsheets clearly shows that applicant from some countries are getting passport requests within few weeks of Decision made on ECAS , while some people are still waiting for the passport request since March 2021.
My application was approved on 17th April 2021 and I am still waiting for passport request.
Are you in India?

Yes, with the flight ban, IRCC basically shut down completely the issuance of visas, coprs and PPRs. They have just started re-opening the VACs to accept passports for stamping. Expect it will take some time to clear any backlog.

I'm not claiming it's fair or in order BUT: a large percentage of these comments are from India and ... well, I don't know, are they aware there is a flight ban?

It should not be a surprise to anyone that when the Canadian government has tried to shut down travel from India (to extent within its power) via a flight ban ... that they're also not issuing many visas to travel from India.

(Not saying you have to agree with the policy but at least recognize it)

Reactions: cjr

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Are you in India?

Yes, with the flight ban, IRCC basically shut down completely the issuance of visas, coprs and PPRs. They have just started re-opening the VACs to accept passports for stamping. Expect it will take some time to clear any backlog.

I'm not claiming it's fair or in order BUT: a large percentage of these comments are from India and ... well, I don't know, are they aware there is a flight ban?

It should not be a surprise to anyone that when the Canadian government has tried to shut down travel from India (to extent within its power) via a flight ban ... that they're also not issuing many visas to travel from India.

(Not saying you have to agree with the policy but at least recognize it)
Yes I am from India and I am sponsoring my wife.
I know they wont issue Visa, COPR or PPR during flight ban but situation was same before the flight ban. IRCC used to send PPR faster to applicant from some countries.
If they really want to stop the spread then they should also stop indirect route because it does not make any sense that person can not come via direct route but they can come via indirect route.
Their system is messed up and they do not process the applications based on the received date.

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
IRCC is not fair basically.. I know a Feb 2021 Applicant who got their AOR in 3 weeks. Me (dec 2020) got it in 2 months, and a freind of mine who is (oct 2020), got it in 5 months... seems to be a pattern here...
I know one friend who applied in June 2020 and still waiting for AOR.
IRCC says that they work based on received date but in reality they are not following it.

Reactions: expatgoingback

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
I know one friend who applied in June 2020 and still waiting for AOR.
IRCC says that they work based on received date but in reality they are not following it.
June 2020 and still no AOR? :( That is really disappointing in IRCC.....

It seems if you applied Jan 2021 or later, its the best. those people are getting AOR in a couple weeks.

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
June 2020 and still no AOR? :( That is really disappointing in IRCC.....

It seems if you applied Jan 2021 or later, its the best. those people are getting AOR in a couple weeks.
Yes , may be due to COVID they changed their system to last come first served basis. :p