+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why am I still here

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I got my PR May 20th 2010.....I am a PR of Canada......in 14 months I will be applying for my citizenship. So why am I still on this forum.....why do I still feel the need to read other peoples struggles......why do I still post answers that I hope will help people on their immigration path.....and why, most importantly.....do I care.

I look at members like PMM, Robsluv, Baloo, Love Young and Rejessome, all whom offer the best advice....non of them need too....yet they do......what makes us a `family`......why do we still bother......

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
We bother to stick around, I know I will once the process is done to help the people who truly want the advice, to atleast try to make this agonizing process better for others...

All of you have been of enormous help and support for so many members here, myself included while we make the trek of a lifetime!!!

nice2010

Oct 27, 2010
ITS BECAUSE YOU AND OTHER MEMBERS YOU MENTIONED HAVE A GOOD HEART SO CONTINUE HELPING OTHER MEMBERS HERE .....THATS THE BEST ATTITUDE DONT TURN BACK TO THOSE PEOPLE WHO NEEDS HELP.

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are many who leave this forum after they are done with their process.

But people like you stick to this forum and help others. I shall like to thank you all and shall like to say that you all really are very nice people who are still here and helping others.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Aww thank you angelbrat! You're a sweetheart. :-*
It is because it is like a "family" here. I always tell myself "Okay I need to take a few days away" but I just can't.
I am afraid of missing those I care for getting their good news or if they get bad news I want to offer support.
I have debated whether or not I will actually leave now when I get PR but I guess I will see when that time comes closer.
You give wonderful advice angelbrat and you are a treat to have here on these boards.

P.S. I tend to think my advice isn't too great but I try to teach based on experience. It comforts me in knowing that you think so though. Thank you!

Makool

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-25-2010
Doc's Request.
Feb-15-2011
AOR Received.
Feb-15-2011
File Transfer...
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Oct-16-2010
Passport Req..
Mar-15-2011
VISA ISSUED...
May-10-2011
LANDED..........
May-31-2011
the best advise you can give is the one based in your own experience.....beside...I believe in Karma so you do good things, good things will come for you...

Since I came to this forum is like a need to know more and learn ...so to all these people who gives time and help.......

thanks a lot

good luck to all

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
angelbrat said:
I got my PR May 20th 2010.....I am a PR of Canada......in 14 months I will be applying for my citizenship. So why am I still on this forum.....why do I still feel the need to read other peoples struggles......why do I still post answers that I hope will help people on their immigration path.....and why, most importantly.....do I care.

I look at members like PMM, Robsluv, Baloo, Love Young and Rejessome, all whom offer the best advice....non of them need too....yet they do......what makes us a `family`......why do we still bother......
so hope none of u will go ;) sometimes i wonder if i'll b by myself when this process will finish for us, i wonder if i won't see posts from any of u, if i'd still come and check this forum ::)

btw, where is Baloo? maybe he got his PPR :eek:

Hot-Lier

May 27, 2009
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2011
Doc's Request.
17-4-2012
AOR Received.
17-4-2012
File Transfer...
14-08-2011
Med's Request
07-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-06-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8-09-2012
angelbrat said:

Dont you need 3 years to apply for Citizenship?

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Hot-Lier said:
Dont you need 3 years to apply for Citizenship?
the time in Canada before u r a PR count as 1/2 day for the citizenship count...but not the whole time, i think the last 3 years (someone who stayed in Ca 6 years somehow and who's never a PR cannot apply for citizenship: the last 3 years, he can count for citizenship only 1.5 years)...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For citizenship you need 3 years in Canada as a PR within the last 4 years. You can count time before you got your PR as 1/2 day per day but it must be within the 4 year window so the earliest you can apply for citizenship is after 2 years as a PR. That would be if you had 2 years in Canada before your PR which would be counted as 1 year towards the citizenship requirements and then you have 2 years after that in Canada as a PR so 3 years total.

Keep notes of all trips outside Canada during your time as a PR because you need that information for PR renewal and for citizenship.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Leon said:
For citizenship you need 3 years in Canada as a PR within the last 4 years. You can count time before you got your PR as 1/2 day per day but it must be within the 4 year window so the earliest you can apply for citizenship is after 2 years as a PR. That would be if you had 2 years in Canada before your PR which would be counted as 1 year towards the citizenship requirements and then you have 2 years after that in Canada as a PR so 3 years total.

Keep notes of all trips outside Canada during your time as a PR because you need that information for PR renewal and for citizenship.
thanks Leon for clarifying...aha, the last 4 instead of 3, that's better...hope i'll remember correctly from now on...sorry for the small misguidance...

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelbrat said:

Don't forget LEON! :)

I can't speak for anyone else but I come back here because this process is hard. I don't care what anyone says (including the government) or people who sailed through their own processing. There is nothing easy about this and it changes so often. So much advice on here is outdated and needs to be refreshed constantly because Canadian immigration law is like life, it always changes. And people often forget that they are evaluated "individually" when it comes to immigration, not as a group. It makes me worry.

Maya Angelou says, "When you know, teach." I believe that. There is a part of "me" that needs to do this. Seeing someone being successful because of advice I might have given them is a pretty darn cool feeling! It makes me proud of what I do both on and off the board. Plus I learn constantly from these forums. I love being asked questions I might have never seen before or thought of myself. It keeps my research abilities, skills and knowledge fresh. And I get to learn processes and procedures for embassies I might have never dealt with before. You would not believe how valuable that is when I have a client who needs me to have that knowledge. I especially like it when someone corrects me. You have no idea how important that is to me.

Humans are programmed to cooperate and all of us want to belong. It's nice to know that I belong here and my contribution is appreciated. I appreciate all of the people on here as well. These forums are a testimony to human kindness. No matter what is going on in the world, there is truly "connection" here. Every now and then a racist or liar or some other creep will pop up on here and it always gladdens my heart to see them quickly "run out of town".

In this faceless, nameless forum of strangers, the best of humanity is present. Why wouldn't I want to be a part of THAT!

Cdagal

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-2010
File Transfer...
09-08-2010
Med's Done....
23-04-2010
Interview........
11-11-2010
Passport Req..
11-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
02-03-2011
I have the same thought myself, but I am able to reach across now and hold my husband's hand. I remember very clearly how awful I felt when that was not possible and I know there are others who still can't. I learned alot through this process, and not being able to afford any legal help, I have literally read this entire forum from start to finish. I have asked questions and dug through every corner of the internet...I just want to make navigating the process easier for someone else who is hurting and missing their partner. This forum was very important for me when we were struggling through!

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is sooo soooo sweet, i m sure you all have been through this pain of being away from loved ones and during this critical time we need some comfort and of course guidance for this difficult process which i have found here, i must say i would have been standing in the middle of nowhere if wouldnt seek help here,

although i m yet to hear anything from mississauga but i m sure some day or the other we all will be there and may get busy in our lives but will never forget what i have seen and experienced here--honest and true help without any interests which make all you people wonderful!

learning from other's experiences makes our pain a little small somehow-- i m sure this would make us keep coming back every now and then doesnt matter how busy we are with our lives!

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
rjessome said:
In this faceless, nameless forum of strangers, the best of humanity is present. Why wouldn't I want to be a part of THAT!
Boyso, now is dat -- like -- eloquent or what? ;D

(Said with genuine admiration for Rjessome, in case my attempt at humour via Internet falls flat, as it sometimes does.)