App. Filed.......
22-04-2010
AOR Received.
20-01-2011
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
28-06-2011
I have to agree with rjessome. This is an awesome group of people all working to achieve the same goal. We laugh together, cry together, get pissed off together, and encourage each other. We may never meet in person but there is a strong bond between us. It is hard to put into words but I believe it is something to be cherished. I don't post often due to my shy nature but I felt that I need to be an active voice on this. I honestly believe we will reach our goal as long as we remain strong and positive. The positive energy from these forums is outstanding. Love_Young my dear, you just rock my socks! For someone so young, you have wisdom beyond your years and I truly admire you. Anyway, many hugs to all and keep smiling! ;D

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
If you read the thread called "How did you meet" or something like it, you will quickly realize that an overwhelming number of members who use this site have experience making real human connections...love connection :-*.... online (And, yes, no need to go searching the mentioned thread. I met my guy online). Even though we are typing and posting, we are so very often having real conversations with people whose screen names we recognize and whose opinions we trust. We are able to connect by sharing values, opinions, experiences, advice, frustrations, and emotional support even if we've never sat down f2f and shared a cup of coffee. I think it is an awesome way to use technology.

I stuck around the forum specifically to support other heterosexual conjugal partners like me, because I wanted couples who were hearing there is no chance of approval to know that there actually is a chance. But in the intervening months since I landed I feel that I have taken some much more from participating here than I have given. I have learned a lot about immigration policy, PR obligations, the road to citizenship, the Canadian political system, and especially the struggles immigrants face with regards to employment. The forum (by default, because it is really the members) has coloured my world view; and for that I feel blessed to be a part.

Allison

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Iceyqueen said:
Love_Young my dear, you just rock my socks! For someone so young, you have wisdom beyond your years and I truly admire you.
Aww Iceyqueen you have no idea how much this brightens my day to see and read.
It is because of people like you that I keep coming back. Even after I finish, I want to be here for support.
As everyone has said, even though we all may never meet f2f the connection still runs deep and I have made wonderful friends/acquaintances here. Good luck everyone during this process and eve after its over.

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
You folks who offer advice and support, I would just like to say thanks. I have never gone through such an excruciating time in my life as I have, dealing with Canada Immigration. I don't always think to come on here when I'm going through a difficult time or I'm confused as to what to do, but when I do, I always feel better thanks to those of you offering encouragement. I've never met such a wonderful group of people who give sound advice with just the right touch of sympathy too. A few of you I will keep as friends long after my husband finally gets here, or I end up going there (I still just don't know) but I do know I am near the end. Thank you to all of you so patient and fair. I don't even mind the harsh opinions because it keeps things realistic.
Thanks Angelbrat and to all of you who keep coming here to help. And congratulations to those who have successfully gained their permanent residence status for themselves or their spouse. It keeps me having faith in the system. Big hugz to you

TracyS

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
File Transfer...
28-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
LANDED..........
10-09-2011
Hi

I just wanted to add canadianwoman to this list. She has helped me in the past with my queries but I've found myself wanting to read her answers to other questions because not only does she have a great wealth of knowledge to offer with this process, her posts are never judgemental and are often comforting. You really are a credit to this forum canadianwoman.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Thank you very much!

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
i agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments expressed in this thread!
i'm still relatively new and am struggling to compile my visa application and i've received good helpful advice so far!

so a big thank you from me too, you're all stars!! :)