Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

We did our landing one year ago. Now We live in Mississauga peel

My husband is too busy all the time!!

I have no family such as brothers or sisters in Canada.
I would like to bring my sister and her family to canada !! Can I!!!

If yes what should i do!!
If no, why cant i have one member of my family beside me !

I feel lonely without my sisters!

Any one has an idea!!

Please advise me!

Waiting for your response!

Regards,

Maha

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

No, you cannot sponsor your sister and her family. You can invite them to visit.

As for why not, it would simply be too much for Canada to handle; immigration needs to be controlled and that is one of the restrictions used to control it. CIC needs to draw the line somewhere as to who they allow to be sponsored. There are hundreds of thousand of citizens and PRs already in Canada, as well as the new ones arriving every year, who would sponsor their all of their siblings (and the siblings' spouses and kids) if it were allowed.

There are other provinces that allow for sibling sponsorship but you must be living there.

Rass

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your respose.

I would like to say its not fair!!

All my Neighbours,all people in Canada have a family Except me!!

Seelping in hospital , getting birth , needing to talk finding no sisters or brothers how can i settle SaFELY!!

I dont want to bring all my hometown to Canada just my sister!!
Its not fair thats it!!

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
Your sister can apply to immigrate to Canada on her own under one of the other categories, but she does not qualify as a member of the family class.

cimple

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2008
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
07-06-2013
Rass said:

Seelping in hospital , getting birth , needing to talk finding no sisters or brothers how can i settle SaFELY!!

Its not fair thats it!!
well if live in Saskatchewan for one year then you can sponsor even cousin so check that provincial program

Rass

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueboom said:
Your sister can apply to immigrate to Canada on her own under one of the other categories, but she does not qualify as a member of the family class.
Cant because her job not under the new system.

Rass

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cimple said:
well if live in Saskatchewan for one year then you can sponsor even cousin so check that provincial program

We have already bought a house and have own business cant leave it !

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Rass said:

Its not fair thats it!!
I fully understand how hard it must be to living away from your family; I lived abroad for many years away from my family. But there does need to be a line drawn for immigration. Canada would simply not be able to handle it.

The way to get through the separation is to make friends within the community.

Do you have a religion? Joining a church/temple/mosque is always a good way to form connections.

Most cities have different types of organizations and community groups, many of them only for women. You could see if there is a group for your own country or that region of the world. If not, you could start your own :)

Volunteering is also a nice way to meet people while also giving back to the community :)

Rass

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
I fully understand how hard it must be to living away from your family; I lived abroad for many years away from my family. But there does need to be a line drawn for immigration. Canada would simply not be able to handle it.

The way to get through the separation is to make friends within the community.

Do you have a religion? Joining a church/temple/mosque is always a good way to form connections.

Most cities have different types of organizations and community groups, many of them only for women. You could see if there is a group for your own country or that region of the world. If not, you could start your own :)

Volunteering is also a nice way to meet people while also giving back to the community :)

Thank you all!!

Simply friends ,families ,neighbours all people around you and me have a specific role in our lives we cant replace them we need them all around us!

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
The reason for not including sisters is that they are 'horizontal' relatives; only 'vertical' relatives (parents and young children) can be sponsored. Here is why:

If I come to Canada, I can sponsor my parents and young children to join me, but it is highly unlikely that either of these will have anyone else to sponsor. My grandparents are likely to be extremely aged or passed on, and my young children have no family. As the primary immigratee, the newcomers associated with me stops here.

If I come to Canada and bring my sister, she could bring her husband; he could bring his parents, has children, and also his own sister. She could bring he husband in turn -- the wave of immigration associated with my arrival could theoretically go on, bringing hundreds of people at further and further remove from me to Canada. It is to avoid open-ended family-based immigration that this is not permitted.

At least, that is how I understand it.

Rass

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on-hold said:
The reason for not including sisters is that they are 'horizontal' relatives; only 'vertical' relatives (parents and young children) can be sponsored. Here is why:

If I come to Canada, I can sponsor my parents and young children to join me, but it is highly unlikely that either of these will have anyone else to sponsor. My grandparents are likely to be extremely aged or passed on, and my young children have no family. As the primary immigratee, the newcomers associated with me stops here.

If I come to Canada and bring my sister, she could bring her husband; he could bring his parents, has children, and also his own sister. She could bring he husband in turn -- the wave of immigration associated with my arrival could theoretically go on, bringing hundreds of people at further and further remove from me to Canada. It is to avoid open-ended family-based immigration that this is not permitted.

At least, that is how I understand it.

Thank you !

Thats your idea!! While we cant find such this system in the USA.
Are you telling me that its a wrong system in the USA while it is the right one in Canada!!

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Rass said:
Thank you !

Thats your idea!! While we cant find such this system in the USA.
Are you telling me that its a wrong system in the USA while it is the right one in Canada!!
In USA, only a citizen can sponsor brother/sister, that too single I think

Min. wait time is like 12 years ( depends on the country - longest being Philippines - 22 years

http://www.immihelp.com/visa-bulletin/june-2013.html

Rass

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user828 said:
In USA, only a citizen can sponsor brother/sister, that too single I think

Min. wait time is like 12 years ( depends on the country - longest being Philippines - 22 years

http://www.immihelp.com/visa-bulletin/june-2013.html

Thats great its something better than nothing!

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
Have you considered moving to where your sister lives?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Did you marry your husband or your sister?

I understand that you miss your family but your husband is your new family. Have your sister apply for a visitor visa. Chat with them daily on Skype. Have her apply to a provincial nominee programme and you can sponsor her that way.