+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who else is scared and frustrated about lack of CEC draws?

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I don't think newcomers are a cost to the system compared to CEC in a sense that there are any specific costs or financial help provided. It's just that CEC often already have jobs and have demonstrated their ability to adapt to Canada. CEC have what Canadian employers love: Canadian experience. This is why being CEC brings additional points. Someone arriving for the first time will need to adapt. They will need to find a job. This is why they are required to show proof of funds. But it's their own funds! That added cost for living while looking for a job and for initial expenses is their own money. It costs nothing to Canada or Canadian taxpayers TM.

In short, I don't see what costs Canada has from a new immigrant from abroad vs a CEC candidate.

sergedest

Dec 9, 2022
Hello everyone,

I believe my story is similar to the stories of many people here.

I came to Canada as student, got a PGWP, was hit by COVID and all the changes on Canada immigration policies. It's clear that Canada is focusing on bringing people from abroad instead of make our transition to PR smooth.
vps ddos protection provider
It's nice they extended PGWP, but this doesn't end the vulnerability of our situation in Canada. Last year, when they announced the special program to facilitate transition from WP to PR many of us were unemployed, waiting times for English proficiency tests were very long so we were unable to applied for that opportunity.

I'm thinking about reaching a member of Parliament and the media about this issue, since I don't think we have any representation or association for EE applicants. Would someone else be available to help?
It would be to contact MPs and media.

Cheers,

Mariana
They are not a regular thing. I actually think new C-19 bill and targeted draws will help those in Canada more than those outside. I do think FSW have more to worry about.

D

Deleted member 1083629

CEC have what Canadian employers love: Canadian experience. This is why being CEC brings additional points
Lol no it's not. CEC gets additional points to promote incentive to study and spend money in Canada. Just calculate how much money a government gets from 1 international student.

t6e4m8

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
Alberta, Canada
I am not sure what you mean. You get extra points for Canadian education, extra points for work experience in Canada. Throughout the years, EE was no program specified. Exception was in 2021 due to COVID. With all of the extra points how else IRCC can consider you?

Correct. However, that was expected, no? International student tend to pay more for the same education and in return, it's easier for international students to get in universities.

You still have way more opportunities than the ones from outside of Canada. I had options of applying as CEC or FSW (I applied as FSW) and the whole process was tougher for me, even though I graduated from canadian university with Masters. You can take a look at PNP programs and check out "Recent graduates" stream if that one exists in your province. FSW do not have that option. You can also pick up French.

How did you do on IELTS?
If PGWP has expired, I think we can still apply for CEC in our home country, right? Is the selection process the same though?

Sachin J

Apr 7, 2018
If PGWP has expired, I think we can still apply for CEC in our home country, right? Is the selection process the same though?
Yes, the process is the same... you should just wait in the pool. But one disadvantage as per what I think is time. If you are in pool after your expiry, say March 2023 and you get an ITA in Jan 2024... your work experience from March 2020 - Dec 2020 will not be counted as it is more than 3 years ago from the time of the ITA and only will be counted after Jan 2021.

pw0032239

Oct 24, 2021
i think there will be an overhaul of express entry points. the points will favor people inside canada having job offer etc.