+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who else is scared and frustrated about lack of CEC draws?

achsah346

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
I dont know what to do my work permit is going to expire in March 2023 score is 485 EE draw that came last was 507 seriously why dont they consider us those who came to study spending twice the amount paid by domestic students struggled ,did all sorts of part time ,full time jobs , contributed to the Canadian economy and this is what we are getting as a reward go back home ? If covid got hit in 2019 end students who got graduated in 2020 will surely have a work permit which expires in 2023 then why the heck they didnt gave the extension policy for the students who have their WP expiring in any month of 2023 . Covid was still there in 2020 then why only for 2022 expiry .
Seriously i m so done n i have lost all the hopes from the people who are dealing with this country's immigration.

Reactions: Economist9

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
Did you add 50 points for job offer in Canada? If you have 1 year of work exp in Canada, very likely your employer will be okay to hire you permanently if you get a PR. Put that job offer and total become 551: more than enough for qualifying.

If you still have problems, go for PNP. Some of them do not even need a job offer if you have graduated from a univ in the province.

BC PNP gives you PNP for graduating from a province's univ in science and engineering.
Thank you so much for your reply and kind words.

Yes, I am seriously trying to pursue those 50 points for a job offer. But that seems to require an LMIA. I have a PGWP which is an open work permit. If I need the 50 points, my employer has to essentially post the job again, go through the hiring process and prove that they couldn't hire a Canadian or a PR.

And then they'll have to apply for LMIA. I'll get the 50 points when I have the offer with LMIA, which is such a daunting process. I'm all for going through every process needed, but I'm not sure the employer will go to such lengths of applying for an LMIA for me. They are happy to employ qualified people only as long as we have a valid work permit. It seems to be like this in many places.

Reactions: cz999

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Yes, I am seriously trying to pursue those 50 points for a job offer. But that seems to require an LMIA. I have a PGWP which is an open work permit. If I need the 50 points, my employer has to essentially post the job again, go through the hiring process and prove that they couldn't hire a Canadian or a PR.

And then they'll have to apply for LMIA. I'll get the 50 points when I have the offer with LMIA, which is such a daunting process. I'm all for going through every process needed, but I'm not sure the employer will go to such lengths of applying for an LMIA for me. They are happy to employ qualified people only as long as we have a valid work permit. It seems to be like this in many places.
If LMIA is becoming an issue, go for PNP. PNPs do not have LMIA requirement (at least for BC and Ontario) under student stream.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-international-student-stream
https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/Skills-Immigration#IPG
https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/Skills-Immigration#IG

All you need is a job offer in right NOC/TEER or degree in science/engineering field where you do not even need a job offer.

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
I dont know what to do my work permit is going to expire in March 2023 score is 485 EE draw that came last was 507 seriously why dont they consider us those who came to study spending twice the amount paid by domestic students struggled ,did all sorts of part time ,full time jobs , contributed to the Canadian economy and this is what we are getting as a reward go back home ? If covid got hit in 2019 end students who got graduated in 2020 will surely have a work permit which expires in 2023 then why the heck they didnt gave the extension policy for the students who have their WP expiring in any month of 2023 . Covid was still there in 2020 then why only for 2022 expiry .
Seriously i m so done n i have lost all the hopes from the people who are dealing with this country's immigration.
It is still possible for the points to drop to 485 in March. Don’t lose hope yet, and can you maybe take a new ielts to get some more points?

D

Deleted member 1083629

why dont they consider us
I am not sure what you mean. You get extra points for Canadian education, extra points for work experience in Canada. Throughout the years, EE was no program specified. Exception was in 2021 due to COVID. With all of the extra points how else IRCC can consider you?

spending twice the amount paid by domestic students
Correct. However, that was expected, no? International student tend to pay more for the same education and in return, it's easier for international students to get in universities.

this is what we are getting as a reward go back home
You still have way more opportunities than the ones from outside of Canada. I had options of applying as CEC or FSW (I applied as FSW) and the whole process was tougher for me, even though I graduated from canadian university with Masters. You can take a look at PNP programs and check out "Recent graduates" stream if that one exists in your province. FSW do not have that option. You can also pick up French.

How did you do on IELTS?

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I am not sure what you mean. You get extra points for Canadian education, extra points for work experience in Canada. Throughout the years, EE was no program specified. Exception was in 2021 due to COVID. With all of the extra points how else IRCC can consider you?

Correct. However, that was expected, no? International student tend to pay more for the same education and in return, it's easier for international students to get in universities.

You still have way more opportunities than the ones from outside of Canada. I had options of applying as CEC or FSW (I applied as FSW) and the whole process was tougher for me, even though I graduated from canadian university with Masters. You can take a look at PNP programs and check out "Recent graduates" stream if that one exists in your province. FSW do not have that option. You can also pick up French.

How did you do on IELTS?
why dont they consider us those who came to study
What do you mean by "they don't confsider us"? They do. CEC people get regularly selected in Express Entry draws.

You are correct about work permits though. No everyone affected by covid is covered by work permit extension policy. I don't know why/how they excluded permits expiring in 2023. Those people are equally affected. I doubt it would change anything to complain, but that's a better argument than CEC only draws.

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
If LMIA is becoming an issue, go for PNP. PNPs do not have LMIA requirement (at least for BC and Ontario) under student stream.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-international-student-stream
https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/Skills-Immigration#IPG
https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/Skills-Immigration#IG

All you need is a job offer in right NOC/TEER or degree in science/engineering field where you do not even need a job offer.
Thank you so much

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I know many folks are worried about immediate future right now with work permits expiring but lets consider the WORST possible scenario. You lose your work permit because it expires and have to return to your country of origin. You had to leave your job here because of it. It CAN NOT get worse than this. Right?

Now look at the data: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds.html

From July 2022 -> Jan 2023, the CSR cut off has gone DOWN from 550s to 491 and now it came back up to 507 due to no rounds in december. My prediction is that CSR scores will GO DOWN for obvious reasons. They are inviting more folks each round generally. It will eat up high scoring people faster. So long you had 1 year of canadian work experience and canadian credentials, you are very likely to get an invite in coming weeks/months .

Now a person with good command of english, masters from Canada, 1 year of canadian work exp, under 30 will have 501 points. Such a person is very likely to be invited in the next round. This round itself has consumed a good number of 500+ folks.

If you have few issues here (like more than 30 years of age) you should have some foreign work exp to boost your points. If you are having only bachelors from Canada, you are younger and have time on your side to gather more experience and try again.

Last worry is the new profession specific draws. No one knows how it will play out. It will likely be in form of a list of professions. Well, frankly, if your profession is not in such a list given a labour shortage in canada, I think it might be prudent to look elsewhere. If your heart is set on Canada, look for opportunities that allow internal transfer to canada leading to more work experience and more points in Canada. If everything else is failing, and you are still dead set on Canada, start learning french in earnest. Many FSW people did this. This is surefire way to overcome many obstacles. Look at @mushymush 's thread on doing that. It is possible and has been done many times.

Please remember, I have not even mentioned PNP route here.

Last edited:

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
I know many folks are worried about immediate future right now with work permits expiring but lets consider the WORST possible scenario. You lose your work permit because it expires and have to return to your country of origin. You had to leave your job here because of it. It CAN NOT get worse than this. Right?

Now look at the data: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds.html

From July 2022 -> Jan 2023, the CSR cut off has gone DOWN from 550s to 491 and now it came back up to 507 due to no rounds in december. My prediction is that CSR scores will GO DOWN for obvious reasons. They are inviting more folks each round generally. It will eat up high scoring people faster. So long you had 1 year of canadian work experience and canadian credentials, you are very likely to get an invite in coming weeks/months .

Now a person with good command of english, masters from Canada, 1 year of canadian work exp, under 30 will have 501 points. Such a person is very likely to be invited in the next round. This round itself has consumed a good number of 500+ folks.

If you have few issues here (like more than 30 years of age) you should have some foreign work exp to boost your points. If you are having only bachelors from Canada, you are younger and have time on your side to gather more experience and try again.

Last worry is the new profession specific draws. No one knows how it will play out. It will likely be in form of a list of professions. Well, frankly, if your profession is not in such a list given a labour shortage in canada, I think it might be prudent to look elsewhere. If your heart is set on Canada, look for opportunities that allow internal transfer to canada leading to more work experience and more points in Canada. If everything else is failing, and you are still dead set on Canada, start learning french in earnest. Many FSW people did this. This is surefire way to overcome many obstacles. Look at @mushymush 's thread on doing that. It is possible and has been done many times.

Please remember, I have not even mentioned PNP route here.
I agree with the points you have kindly mentioned. Yes, looking at it logically and trying the best is the way forward. Thank you once again.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
And as a practical way, we're already adapted to the country = less costs, since we don't need as much support.
Out of curiosity - what costs and what support are you referring to?
FSW applicants have to show proof of funds to prove they can support themselves for a few months without any income.
Also, every new person coming to the country is spending money (phone, internet, rent/mortgage, car, furniture, etc.)n rather than generating costs.
Sure, it's possible that someone may struggle with finding a job, their funds will run out and then they're becoming a 'cost' to the system but I expect it's a very small percentage.

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
Out of curiosity - what costs and what support are you referring to?
FSW applicants have to show proof of funds to prove they can support themselves for a few months without any income.
Also, every new person coming to the country is spending money (phone, internet, rent/mortgage, car, furniture, etc.)n rather than generating costs.
Sure, it's possible that someone may struggle with finding a job, their funds will run out and then they're becoming a 'cost' to the system but I expect it's a very small percentage.
I guess assimilation costs are higher for those who directly land, as opposed to those who become a PR after already studying or working here temporarily. For instance, in all provinces there is a settlement and integration program providing services for newcomers. While these are very useful, they are also an outflow of government funds. Temporary residents are already settled here. They integrated mostly by themselves during studies or work, and usually don't need these programs as they're already working in the country.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Draw 238,
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 490

Should help few folks waiting. A "perfect" 1 year experience candidate should be invited. Even above 30 should have some breathing space. Those who are still struggling, get you english scores in order... get some more work exp... get references for that foreign job. Time for hustling started last year folks!