+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHICH CITY TO LAND ? -for New Immigrants

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can an applicant land somewhere else other than the city of his relative's residence which he declared in his application?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
giogenre said:
Can an applicant land somewhere else other than the city of his relative's residence which he declared in his application?
With the skilled worker program, you are not bound by a city except you should not land in Quebec unless you have a flight taking you directly out of there again. However, if you said Toronto and changed your mind to Vancouver or vice versa, that would not be a problem.

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
Leon said:
With the skilled worker program, you are not bound by a city except you should not land in Quebec unless you have a flight taking you directly out of there again. However, if you said Toronto and changed your mind to Vancouver or vice versa, that would not be a problem.
Dear Sir(s)

You and Mr. Qorax are Sachin Tendulkar of this forum ......

Hats off to Master Blasters......

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jangong said:
Hi Qorax,

First of all, thanks for all the clarification you have provided in my previous queries. You truly are of big help to all of us.

Since this is a 2 year-old thread, I would like to ask if the situation in Toronto right now, in terms of job prospects, is the same as when you started this thread? How is the labor market in Toronto now compared to Alberta and Edmonton? I've heard Toronto has quite a number of jobs available but there are also a lot you have to compete with on these jobs. How true is this?

I really am in a deadlock in choosing between these cities. I hope you can give me (or us) the situation of these cities based on your experience and on what you have heard from your friends and the locals. I am reading some published articles but sometimes these articles do not portray the exact situation of these cities especially new immigrants who do not have Canadian qualifications / experience.

By the way, my experience is in the manufacturing industry (electronics in particular) and my wife is an accountant - which is why we also consider Toronto where manufacturing and business is present.

Thanks again!
Jangong
This post holds true even today... and might continue to do so till eternity unless something seriously changes. In that case I'll place a rejoinder here.

The big 5 r our best bets for initial settling down if we do not have anyone in Canada. Toronto, Calgary, Ottawa, Montreal & Vancouver... truly in that order. They r the larger cities of their provinces & the commercial/industrial hubs. Thus, more opportunities. Vancouver remains a fantastic place to have a ball -- but a pretty expensive city coupled with a disastrous employment bargain.

Qorax

mani_r1

Dec 15, 2011
Thanks Baloo. I already did this. I was trying to get some reference from someone who already have experience with. Based on my past experience some consulting companies can be really horrible to deal with.

Thanks

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mani_r1 said:
Thanks Baloo. I already did this. I was trying to get some reference from someone who already have experience with. Based on my past experience some consulting companies can be really horrible to deal with.

Thanks
I agree with your sentiments.

b.madhu

May 28, 2011
india
Category........
Visa Office......
newdelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2011
Doc's Request.
sent along with application
AOR Received.
18/08/2011
IELTS Request
sent along with application
File Transfer...
09/09/2011
Med's Request
09/04/2012
Med's Done....
25/04/2012
Passport Req..
has sent on 25/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/o5/2012
LANDED..........
by september
qorax said:
This post holds true even today... and might continue to do so till eternity unless something seriously changes. In that case I'll place a rejoinder here.

The big 5 r our best bets for initial settling down if we do not have anyone in Canada. Toronto, Calgary, Ottawa, Montreal & Vancouver... truly in that order. They r the larger cities of their provinces & the commercial/industrial hubs. Thus, more opportunities. Vancouver remains a fantastic place to have a ball -- but a pretty expensive city coupled with a disastrous employment bargain.

Qorax
hi qorax

ur helping us a lot, thank s for the great job you are doing

Here i have 2 query, 1) iam a hotelier iwll u please guide me which is the best place to land whether in toronto or vancouver,
2) is pr visa is single entry or multiple entry, bcoz iam having new born child so i have to come back to my home country to leave him with my parents ,and again have to go canada, is it necessary to have pr card to enter canada again before my visa expire

Hi

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
b.madhu said:
hi qorax

ur helping us a lot, thank s for the great job you are doing

Here i have 2 query, 1) iam a hotelier iwll u please guide me which is the best place to land whether in toronto or vancouver,
2) is pr visa is single entry or multiple entry, bcoz iam having new born child so i have to come back to my home country to leave him with my parents ,and again have to go canada, is it necessary to have pr card to enter canada again before my visa expire

Hi
1. Doesn't matter which u chose... all the major cities would be the same for u.

2. The PR visa [stamped on pps] Per-se is a 'One-Time Entry" permit. However, we r not... Once 'landed' we BECOME A PR & have the right to fly to & fro Canada [residency rules apply, aka 2/5-yrs rule]. It's only that for reEntering we'd always need the PR Cards - which u'd receive by 6-8 weeks of landing in any case.

Qorax

Bonjourcanada

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
27 May 2009
AOR Received.
27 May 2009
IELTS Request
27 May 2009
Med's Request
28 April 2010 (received on 24 May 2010)
Med's Done....
28 Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2011
LANDED..........
27th May 2011
Hello Captain,

Don't know if you remember us or not, its been long time since we met at a Dubai meet..

I was going through this thread and couldn't resist myself replying. Its really a very informative, realistic, deep rooted still
positive thread. Various people ( including ourselves ) are getting immigration and more often than not they have overly
dreamy perceptions about Canada ( which the immigration agents are building in our minds ).

You are doing a commendable job here captain to at least forewarn and prepare us but taking care not to dishearten us.

Bonjourcanada.

pollyrocks

Nov 12, 2011
Hi Qurax.

Need your assistance !!

I am in India and would be moving to Canada in a month or two..can i apply for a job from India..if yes how?

I would be landing in toronto.

In India I am an AR Analyst working for us based company.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Bonjourcanada said:
Hello Captain,

Don't know if you remember us or not, its been long time since we met at a Dubai meet..

I was going through this thread and couldn't resist myself replying. Its really a very informative, realistic, deep rooted still
positive thread. Various people ( including ourselves ) are getting immigration and more often than not they have overly
dreamy perceptions about Canada ( which the immigration agents are building in our minds ).

You are doing a commendable job here captain to at least forewarn and prepare us but taking care not to dishearten us.

Bonjourcanada.
Thanx Sir & appreciated !

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
pollyrocks said:
Hi Qurax.

Need your assistance !!

I am in India and would be moving to Canada in a month or two..can i apply for a job from India..if yes how?

I would be landing in toronto.

In India I am an AR Analyst working for us based company.
U can, why not?
However, it'd be quite tough to get one... most Canadian employers believe in interviewing a candidate in-person before hiring.