+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to land for 1st immigrants?

maedemsv

Mar 3, 2017
Hi ,
we are Quebec investors and it's our first time landing in Canada , our tickets have a 2 hour transit in Toronto then leaves for Montreal , will this 2 hour transit cause any problem for us ?

we have been told that in the first landing our destination should be Montreal - Quebec .

Please if anyone knows answers me as fast as possible , our flight is on march 18th and I need to know as soon as possible if we have to change our tickets.

thank you

Hopeless_despo

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Hello Experts,

I have OINP and I am planning to travel in Jan mid.
My brother lives in Calgary and since I do not know anyone in Toronto, I was planning to go to Calgary directly and then move to Toronto in a few days (Feb first week)

Is that feasible? Can anyone who has already entered Canada with similar circumstances help me with this?

Thank you!!!

D.Diab

May 18, 2018
Agreed. You can land in Montreal or any other city in Canada if you have a transfer ticket taking you to Manitoba.
Hello,
I will land to canada in September , I’m under MNPN , i have transit in Toronto and connecting flight to Manitoba, so where i have to land in Toronto or Manitoba ? Please help

Thanks,

Vic1030

Jun 18, 2014
HI, my point of entry is Montreal as new immigrant then after filling my SIN, HEALTH INSURANCE, PR CARD, after getting my PR card i want to move to Calgary, is there any issue?thanks

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Hi Leon,

Iam a MPNP and will land in december direct in winnipeg (routing thru US, Iam a US visa holder). I bought the ticket via online but a travel agency told me that i have to land either in Vancouver or Toronto or calgary as these are the Port of entry for first time immigrant. the travel agent said that there is no immigration who will assist us for our documents as first time immigrant. there will be no record for us doing our landing process.

your inputs on this matter is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Explorewinnipeg
Hello can you advise if we can directly land at Winnipeg Airport to become PR. My wife has a direct flight from LONDON Gatwick to Winnipeg. Just want to make sure CBSA will be able to complete all the paperwork at the airport

Manob75

Apr 2, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Nomination.....
29-06-2016
AOR Received.
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2017
Med's Request
13-02-2019
Med's Done....
03-03-2019
Hello can you advise if we can directly land at Winnipeg Airport to become PR. My wife has a direct flight from LONDON Gatwick to Winnipeg. Just want to make sure CBSA will be able to complete all the paperwork at the airport
Hi! I have the same question. I like to from London to directly Winnipeg as new immigrant. Will there be any problem? Thanks.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
are you sure it is a direct flight from Gatwick if so which airline ? Anyway if it is a direct flight then sure you will have to pass through immigration at Winnipeg if that is the first POE and CBSA will complete any PR formalities. If not direct say via Toronto then would complete formalities in Toronto allowing 2./3 hours for the connection.

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
are you sure it is a direct flight from Gatwick if so which airline ? Anyway if it is a direct flight then sure you will have to pass through immigration at Winnipeg if that is the first POE and CBSA will complete any PR formalities. If not direct say via Toronto then would complete formalities in Toronto allowing 2./3 hours for the connection.
thank you for your response. she is flying via emirates and the route is DELHI-DUBAI-LONDON GATWICK-WINNIPEG