+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to land for 1st immigrants?

auie09

Mar 29, 2011
Please can you share/advise experience /opinion regarding 1st time immigrants for Canada. Can you land anywhere or is it a requirement to land in Toronto or Vancouver?

Thanks

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
auie09 said:
Please can you share/advise experience /opinion regarding 1st time immigrants for Canada. Can you land anywhere or is it a requirement to land in Toronto or Vancouver?

Thanks
You can land at any POE.If you are under PNP then you have to settle in your province just after landing

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Add to that, if you apply under FSW, you should preferably not land in Quebec unless you have a transfer flight taking you out of there soon. If you applied under QSW or a PNP, you should preferably land in your chosen province or with a transfer flight taking you there soon.

carl zeiss

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Nov 2011
Nomination.....
09 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
24 Apr 2012 CIO
File Transfer...
04 Jul 2012 CEM
Med's Request
29 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
25 Jun 2013
auie09 said:

Thanks
Hi there. Your immigration category does not matter. As far as I know, Canada port of entry is either Vancouver or Toronto, where immigration and customs clearance will take place. After clearance, you can proceed to your domestic destination wherever it may be. So depending on what country you are coming from, you must enter Canada only either via Vancouver or Toronto. Hope this helps!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carl zeiss said:
Hi there. Your immigration category does not matter. As far as I know, Canada port of entry is either Vancouver or Toronto, where immigration and customs clearance will take place. After clearance, you can proceed to your domestic destination wherever it may be. So depending on what country you are coming from, you must enter Canada only either via Vancouver or Toronto. Hope this helps!
That is wrong. You can land where ever you can get a direct flight to or at any land border coming from the US.

The only restrictions like I said earlier is if you applied through a PNP, you should either land in that province or have a transfer ticket taking you there or if you applied through FSW, you should preferably not land in Quebec.

carl zeiss

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Nov 2011
Nomination.....
09 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
24 Apr 2012 CIO
File Transfer...
04 Jul 2012 CEM
Med's Request
29 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
25 Jun 2013
Leon said:
That is wrong. You can land where ever you can get a direct flight to or at any land border coming from the US.

The only restrictions like I said earlier is if you applied through a PNP, you should either land in that province or have a transfer ticket taking you there or if you applied through FSW, you should preferably not land in Quebec.
I believe the member who posted the question is under MPNP and will be coming from South East Asia. The usual port of entry for people coming from South East Asia is either Vancouver or Toronto. In this case, he/she would most probably be entering Canada via Vancouver and take a connecting flight to Winnipeg.

auie09

Mar 29, 2011
thanks. I'm coming from the Middle East. I've checked the flight connections and I saw one to Montreal. That is why i asked because I don't know if it is allowed to enter Canada in Montreal because normally I've seen posts where they note that they are entering Canada through Toronto. FYI there will be a flight connecting to Winnipeg .

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
auie09 said:
thanks. I'm coming from the Middle East. I've checked the flight connections and I saw one to Montreal. That is why i asked because I don't know if it is allowed to enter Canada in Montreal because normally I've seen posts where they note that they are entering Canada through Toronto. FYI there will be a flight connecting to Winnipeg .
As Sir Leon and I already posted that you wont have any problem to land anywhere in Canada if you have a connecting flight record with you.So you are good to land at Montreal and then to WPG.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agreed. You can land in Montreal or any other city in Canada if you have a transfer ticket taking you to Manitoba.

rockaclimba

Sep 2, 2011
Well, our PR is done and we booked ticket to travel to British Columbia. Our flight is from India- Frankfurt and then there is change of plane for Toronto.
At Toronto- we have 2 hrs transit time and then we fly for Vancouver.
Are we supposed to present ourselves for IMMIGRATION REGISTRATION at Toronto ? Or we land in Vancouver and then we do this?

My concern is that we have limited time and in this time- will they finish ??
In Toronto- we dont have to come out from transit area.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rockaclimba said:
Well, our PR is done and we booked ticket to travel to British Columbia. Our flight is from India- Frankfurt and then there is change of plane for Toronto.
At Toronto- we have 2 hrs transit time and then we fly for Vancouver.
Are we supposed to present ourselves for IMMIGRATION REGISTRATION at Toronto ? Or we land in Vancouver and then we do this?

My concern is that we have limited time and in this time- will they finish ??
In Toronto- we dont have to come out from transit area.
You will go through immigration in Toronto because that is the first city in Canada that you enter. The flight from Toronto is a domestic flight so you will not go through immigration again in Vancouver. Therefore, you must land in Toronto. It should only take a few minutes. I don't think you will have a problem as long as the flights are on time.

ExploreWinnipeg

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012
Nomination.....
12-11-2012
AOR Received.
CIO March 11,2013
IELTS Request
Submitted during mpnp application
File Transfer...
March 11, 2013
Med's Request
April 12, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2, 2013,ECAS medical results have been received on June 21,2013, ECAS Status In proces on October 15, 2013
Interview........
July 26,2012 during exploratory visits in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
Passport Req..
November 15, 2013/ Decision made on November 25,2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 2, 2013-Visa Received on Dec. 5, 2013
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Leon said:

Hi Leon,

Iam a MPNP and will land in december direct in winnipeg (routing thru US, Iam a US visa holder). I bought the ticket via online but a travel agency told me that i have to land either in Vancouver or Toronto or calgary as these are the Port of entry for first time immigrant. the travel agent said that there is no immigration who will assist us for our documents as first time immigrant. there will be no record for us doing our landing process.

your inputs on this matter is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Explorewinnipeg

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ExploreWinnipeg said:
Hi Leon,

Iam a MPNP and will land in december direct in winnipeg (routing thru US, Iam a US visa holder). I bought the ticket via online but a travel agency told me that i have to land either in Vancouver or Toronto or calgary as these are the Port of entry for first time immigrant. the travel agent said that there is no immigration who will assist us for our documents as first time immigrant. there will be no record for us doing our landing process.
The travel agency is wrong. You can land as a PR in any airport that has international flights or you can land at the land border if you come by car.

Reactions: wardea90

ExploreWinnipeg

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012
Nomination.....
12-11-2012
AOR Received.
CIO March 11,2013
IELTS Request
Submitted during mpnp application
File Transfer...
March 11, 2013
Med's Request
April 12, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2, 2013,ECAS medical results have been received on June 21,2013, ECAS Status In proces on October 15, 2013
Interview........
July 26,2012 during exploratory visits in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
Passport Req..
November 15, 2013/ Decision made on November 25,2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 2, 2013-Visa Received on Dec. 5, 2013
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Leon said:
The travel agency is wrong. You can land as a PR in any airport that has international flights or you can land at the land border if you come by car.
Thank you very much Mr. Leon. Appreciate much for the quick response and for the clarification about landing.

God bless...

Explorewinnipeg