+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to land for 1st immigrants?

omariesbd

Jun 9, 2013
auie09 said:
thanks. I'm coming from the Middle East. I've checked the flight connections and I saw one to Montreal. That is why i asked because I don't know if it is allowed to enter Canada in Montreal because normally I've seen posts where they note that they are entering Canada through Toronto. FYI there will be a flight connecting to Winnipeg .
dear concern, please let me know your landing experiences if you have already landed, i am on FSWP, planning to go to calgary via Montreal. should there be any complexity?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, you shouldn't have any problems.

If you have a connecting flight in Montreal taking you to Calgary, you will land in Montreal as it is your port of entry in Canada. The flight from Montreal to Calgary is a domestic flight and you will not go through immigration in Calgary again.

rna

Dec 2, 2011
Dear Leon and other Experts:

I have received PR visa under the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program and I intend to go and settle in New Brunswick.

But as I understand, there are no direct international flights that land in Fredericton, Saint John or Moncton (New Brunswick)

So, is it alright if I travel via Toronto, Montreal or Halifax and have a connecting flight to Fredericton, NB? Will that be enough to prove at the Point of Entry regarding my intentions to settle in NB with the provincial nominee program?

Do I also need to carry any documentation to prove my intention to settle in New Brunswick?

Please advise.

Chicco

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
our destination was winnipeg so we made sure our port of entry was Winnipeg to avoid transferring. some of our classmates at manitoba start winnipeg landed at vancouver and ontario, they got hung up on the landing process and some missed their flight to winnipeg. the reason behind is, those were the busiest aiports and lots of immigrants going through. if you are landing at the busy port of entries, make sure you have about 4-6hours layover to have ample time to process your papers and run to gates. Good Luck!

rna

Dec 2, 2011
Even I would have preferred to land directly in the province of New Brunswick. But there are no direct flights from Europe into New Brunswick cities. So, I have to transit somewhere. The question is which city is best to transit. Is it Halifax, Montreal or Toronto?

Do they interview us at the Port of Entry? Do we need to carry money and other documentation?

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
Hi @LEON @KANAMEN!! Im a Nova Scotia PNP PR applicant since April2014. I observed that all my co-workers did their landing in St.Stephens border in New brunswick, If 1 day i needed to do mine, can I go to another border, lets say toronto. Or can I just go to an Immigration office in Halifax? Because i heard a person have an option if they wanna go to the border or book an appoinment to the closest immigration Office. Your reply and advice is greatly appreciated :)

elle0506

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014; received on 02-10-2014
AOR Received.
none; SA: 07-11-2014
File Transfer...
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
In Process: 21-04-2015; DM: 24-04-2015; VOH: 11-05-2015
Hi, my husband applied for PR. Can he fly from Tokyo to Calgary (Calgary as the port of entry and not Vancouver) Air Canada has a direct flight from Tokyo to YYC. His point of origin is Manila. Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinacraigg said:
Hi @ LEON @ KANAMEN!! Im a Nova Scotia PNP PR applicant since April2014. I observed that all my co-workers did their landing in St.Stephens border in New brunswick, If 1 day i needed to do mine, can I go to another border, lets say toronto. Or can I just go to an Immigration office in Halifax? Because i heard a person have an option if they wanna go to the border or book an appoinment to the closest immigration Office. Your reply and advice is greatly appreciated :)
As far as I know, most CIC offices are not accepting walk-ins anymore. You can try and see what happens. Otherwise, you can phone CIC and make an appointment to land at the CIC office in Halifax. If you want to land at a border, you can either drive to a nearby land border or you can fly out of Canada and re-enter. If you can not get a direct flight from outside Canada to NS in order to land there, you can land somewhere else. However, the immigration officer may ask you as a PNP applicant if you are going to your PNP province and may want you to prove it.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elle0506 said:
Hi, my husband applied for PR. Can he fly from Tokyo to Calgary (Calgary as the port of entry and not Vancouver) Air Canada has a direct flight from Tokyo to YYC. His point of origin is Manila. Thanks!
You sponsored him? They may want to know that he is going to join you in Canada, not settle down in Calgary if you are living in Vancouver. However, if he gets a direct flight to Calgary and has a transfer ticket taking him to Vancouver, he shouldn't have a problem. He will land in Calgary because that is his Canadian point of entry.

Yno11

Jul 15, 2016
Hi Leon and/or other experts.. Question, I sponsored my wife while I was still in Winnipeg.. Now i moved here in Calgary and she will be flying here soon since she already got approved. Would there be no problem if she landed here in Calgary since I moved here and not to Winnipeg which is written on the application?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yno11 said:
Hi Leon and/or other experts.. Question, I sponsored my wife while I was still in Winnipeg.. Now i moved here in Calgary and she will be flying here soon since she already got approved. Would there be no problem if she landed here in Calgary since I moved here and not to Winnipeg which is written on the application?
They may ask her. You might want to update your address with immigration and make sure your wife can reach you by phone when she lands.

Abeer.bd

Jan 20, 2015
Leon said:
You will go through immigration in Toronto because that is the first city in Canada that you enter. The flight from Toronto is a domestic flight so you will not go through immigration again in Vancouver. Therefore, you must land in Toronto. It should only take a few minutes. I don't think you will have a problem as long as the flights are on time.
Hi, I received my PR visa through MPNP. I will fly to Manitoba soon. I want to know that Is it possible for me to land Toronto first and stay there for 20 days and than go to manitoba permanently? In this case when, where and how will be the process of Immigration? TIA

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Abeer.bd said:
Hi, I received my PR visa through MPNP. I will fly to Manitoba soon. I want to know that Is it possible for me to land Toronto first and stay there for 20 days and than go to manitoba permanently? In this case when, where and how will be the process of Immigration? TIA
yes. a connecting flight booked to show CBSA officer is great, but any other proves that you are going up to MB is enough, a reliable contact, rental agreement, job, car, house etc

They can't reject your entry simply on the fact that you appear in a different province of your nomination

Abeer.bd

Jan 20, 2015
mf4361 said:
yes. a connecting flight booked to show CBSA officer is great, but any other proves that you are going up to MB is enough, a reliable contact, rental agreement, job, car, house etc

They can't reject your entry simply on the fact that you appear in a different province of your nomination
Thanks a lot. It is really helpful.