+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

crazystar

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
xwlily said:
Same here, I checked the stats online. My first step "Sponsorship Application Status" section and it says decision made. Haven't got any email yet.
I got email at 6 pm same day so you may have to wait till 6 pm today.

Yorkiemum

Sep 23, 2015
Kala koya said:
I applied for my mom in 2014. I got a letter stating that they have approved the letter and file is in Ottawa. My mom is in Canada as a supervisa. Can anybody tell me how much time it will take? I want her to complete whole process before going backhome. Can MP help us to figure out about this process?
She can renew the SV every 2 years. We did this by hopping across the border but it can be done online.

If you mean the sponsor has approved been approved...it took us around 9 months after that to receive PR.

Pankaj07

Apr 15, 2015
Hello Everyone ! Today I received the sponsorship approval email for my parents. I applied on Jan 16, 2014. The letter said that the file is now being transferred to Ottawa for further processing. But my parents are in India and their address on file is also from India. Just want to confirm why do you think that the file has been transferred to Ottawa instead of New Delhi. Do I need to anything ?

Kala koya

Mar 16, 2017
PS_4_Parents_Sponsorship said:
my status have changed to decision made (No information inside apart from started processing!), and application recieved status for PR app!

I asked the local MP to check and they confirmed that I'm approved as sponsor, but further processing going on!

My parents are arriving here in Super Visa in couple of days, so I'm going to request by letter to process the 2nd phase here!

will keep you guys posted! 2014 Jan Applicant!
Hi there
I am in the same situation. My mom is here with supervisa. I am also requesting MP to speed up the process. But still no help from them. If you have figured out something please share.
Thanks

Kala koya

Mar 16, 2017
Yorkiemum said:
She can renew the SV every 2 years. We did this by hopping across the border but it can be done online.

If you mean the sponsor has approved been approved...it took us around 9 months after that to receive PR.
One column says decision made....another column says in process....can anybody tell me if I can get a letter to speed up the process. I have already sent a letter to inform immigration that she is in Canada but I didn't get any acknowledgement for that information. I really want to know how much time they gonna tell me. Mom wants to go to her country but I am requesting her to stay just to complete this process.

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pankaj07 said:
Hello Everyone ! Today I received the sponsorship approval email for my parents. I applied on Jan 16, 2014. The letter said that the file is now being transferred to Ottawa for further processing. But my parents are in India and their address on file is also from India. Just want to confirm why do you think that the file has been transferred to Ottawa instead of New Delhi. Do I need to anything ?
Ottawa will process the file and at the final stage when they need passport you will have option to submit them in India or here in Ottawa.
Ottawa is fastre than Delhi, so it's a good thing.

xwlily

Star Member
Apr 18, 2008
crazystar said:
I got email at 6 pm same day so you may have to wait till 6 pm today.
Yes, I got an email last night. and the case has been sent to Ottawa office.

Thanks.

Now starting the 2nd stage waiting.~~

avn

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Passport Req..
23-02-2018
Same
Got the email last week that file sent to Ottawa. What's the next step and how long does it usually take?
One of my coworkers applied for her parents Jan 2016 and by Aug 2016 they had gotten their approval - not sure why so many of us 2014'ers are still in the first stage.

av1230

Apr 15, 2013
Update : Finally we got COPR yesterday, Leaving for flagpole today at Coutts border, Thanks you all members for help

jimmigd

May 12, 2016
Hi,
For those who have completed their landing- What questions were you asked at the border? Did your parents declare any funds they are not bringing with them but will bring eventually? Is there any benefit in doing that, like tax exemptions?

missmywife

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
21-05-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
25-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
DM: Mar 20 2016
This has to be the most frustrating wait ever for me and my mother! Our 2014 application reached CIC on Jan 3rd, 2014 and no update until now.

So many people from 2015 and 2016 have already landed and yet we haven't even got SA. Our case has to be one of the more straight forward ones....single parent...canadian citizen sponsor with more than double the required financial cutoff.

We have gone to our MP 5 times in the last 8 months and they have nothing to update or offer us and have told us not to come back till september. I will now order GCMS notes but don't hope to see anything different.

Sorry for the rant fellow applicants :(

Gypsy49

Jan 18, 2017
jimmigd said:
Hi,
For those who have completed their landing- What questions were you asked at the border? Did your parents declare any funds they are not bringing with them but will bring eventually? Is there any benefit in doing that, like tax exemptions?
I have been advised by well-wishers that whatever one is bringing along as well as whatever is to follow in future, be it bank balance or jewellery, car or furniture, must be declared at the time of landing. I have been advised that it helps from income tax and other taxes point of view. The bank balances which are not declared at the time of landing and brought in subsequently are liable for income tax.
Anyway, please do take a clear advice from someone who has already experienced it.I am still awaiting my PR :(

Kala koya

Mar 16, 2017
missmywife said:
This has to be the most frustrating wait ever for me and my mother! Our 2014 application reached CIC on Jan 3rd, 2014 and no update until now.

So many people from 2015 and 2016 have already landed and yet we haven't even got SA. Our case has to be one of the more straight forward ones....single parent...canadian citizen sponsor with more than double the required financial cutoff.

We have gone to our MP 5 times in the last 8 months and they have nothing to update or offer us and have told us not to come back till september. I will now order GCMS notes but don't hope to see anything different.

Sorry for the rant fellow applicants :(

I am in the same boat. My mom's file is in the Ottawa since January but no update yet. Do they take more time for single parents? MP is doing nothing ....I asked them so many times and this time....should any letter will work for this case?

ramin1383

Aug 4, 2015
finally I received the letter from CIC after 3 years of wait, they mentioned I am not eligible to sponsor because I don't meet the minimum necessary income requirement :(. they assess my application based on year 2010, 2011, and 2012. I filed the application on 2014, not sure why they didn't consider 2011, 2012, 2013? is anybody here have the same situation? any advise? they haven't rejected me yet, but they said it would have a real bad impact on my parent application. I have an option to withdraw now or wait to get rejected by embassy of canada in Ankara and appeal after. what do you think?

avn

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Passport Req..
23-02-2018
ramin1383 said:
finally I received the letter from CIC after 3 years of wait, they mentioned I am not eligible to sponsor because I don't meet the minimum necessary income requirement :(. they assess my application based on year 2010, 2011, and 2012. I filed the application on 2014, not sure why they didn't consider 2011, 2012, 2013? is anybody here have the same situation? any advise? they haven't rejected me yet, but they said it would have a real bad impact on my parent application. I have an option to withdraw now or wait to get rejected by embassy of canada in Ankara and appeal after. what do you think?

That's crazy. Try contact the cic agent and see if you can use your income from the last 3 years if it qualifies. They should have done this screening in 2014 not in 2017! I would get those option C from the last 3 years and upload them on your file and contact them.

Had they told you earlier You could have reapplied last year and your family could have been here by now since it looks like 2015 and 2016 most have already been approved while a lot of us are still waiting.