+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

adip19

Sep 19, 2016
avn said:
That's crazy. Try contact the cic agent and see if you can use your income from the last 3 years if it qualifies. They should have done this screening in 2014 not in 2017! I would get those option C from the last 3 years and upload them on your file and contact them.

Had they told you earlier You could have reapplied last year and your family could have been here by now since it looks like 2015 and 2016 most have already been approved while a lot of us are still waiting.
We were short of 1k income for 2010, thats why we didn't applied in 2014 and in 2015, was not selected in first 5000. Everyone has their own stories

MJ FamJam

Jan 4, 2017
Hello everyone

I have been reading this forum and (kind of) following it too. Finally glad to join in..

I have applied for PR for my parents and dependant (so 3 applicants in total) in Jan 2014. Here are my timelines and more details:
Applied for Parent's Sponsorship: Jan 13, 2014
Received letter from CIC about Sponsorship not approved: Oct 5, 2016
File transferred to NDVO
NDVO started processing: Dec 2016
Received email from NDVO for parents and sibling to complete their medicals, pay the RPRF and send: Jan 2017
eCAS status updated to Medicals have been received: Jan 2017

In my case my Sponsorship was not approved as I did not meet the MNI requirements. It was a kind of shock to me as when I was filling the forms I thought I did meet the income requirement. However, the file was sent to New Delhi as while filling the forms in 2014 I had chosen to proceed with the PR application even if Sponsorship was not approved. (This was a question on the form)

In the mean time that my sponsorship was rejected we had appealed to the IAD here in Canada. They have created a file for our case but will not be proceeding with it until a decision is taken by the NDVO. This is what I was informed by the IAD officer.

Now with the last eCAS status as Medical reports have been received I am just so anxious in terms of what to expect. Also very recently, we have added my husband as a co-sponsor to our file, hopefully that will help in a positive decision for my parent's PR.

Is anyone in the same boat as me? Or please advise if you have heard of any similar cases to mine..

MJ FamJam

Jan 4, 2017
ramin1383 said:
finally I received the letter from CIC after 3 years of wait, they mentioned I am not eligible to sponsor because I don't meet the minimum necessary income requirement :(. they assess my application based on year 2010, 2011, and 2012. I filed the application on 2014, not sure why they didn't consider 2011, 2012, 2013? is anybody here have the same situation? any advise? they haven't rejected me yet, but they said it would have a real bad impact on my parent application. I have an option to withdraw now or wait to get rejected by embassy of canada in Ankara and appeal after. what do you think?
Hello ramin1383

I'm almost I the same boat as yours. For the 2014 application CIC did my income check for the years 2010, 2011 and 2012 and not 2011, 2012 and 2013 which is weird! So my sponsorship did not get approved and the file was forwarded to LVO.

Still waiting to hear from the LVO..

sam1986

Apr 21, 2011
Alberta
Good Afternoon Folks,
I am reading this forum for quite some time anxiously about my parents sponsorship application.
**My case is very unique**

1. I had initially applied for parents sponsorship in year 2014. for some reason the file came back within a few weeks, I assumed my file did not make it to the 5000 cap.
2. However, Later in April 2014, CIC mailed me a letter stating that I can now apply for 2014 parents sponsorship (very very strange to receive the letter).
3. I applied in may 2014. By may 2014, i had my taxes done for year 2013, 2012 & 2011. Which I submitted. (last 3 years)
4. in April 2016, I get an email from CIC requesting my 2010 assessment. I had noticed that CIC was reviewing taxes of 2010,11 & 12 for 2014 application. My 2010 income is not enough.
5. I have submitted them 2010 to 2015 ..all the assessments. my Income is enough in all the years except 2010.
6. I had consulted through immigration advisers and local MP's. They informed me to stay strong, they believe it will be approved. furthermore, they said I can always dispute based on last 3 years of assessment requirement from that date i signed the application in may 2014. at that point in may I had my 2013 taxes....same could not be said if my file would have been accepted in January of 2014. my represenative has send an explanation letter with the requested tax documents. he has outlines the bulletin clauses in their cic workbook which favors my case.
7. Now reading a few rejections, i kind of worry if my case makes any sense....

will keep you all posted. Pleas provide feedback if you guys know anyone who were invited to apply in middle of 2014... (very very strange)..

thanks,
sam

ramin1383

Aug 4, 2015
MJ FamJam said:
Hello ramin1383

I'm almost I the same boat as yours. For the 2014 application CIC did my income check for the years 2010, 2011 and 2012 and not 2011, 2012 and 2013 which is weird! So my sponsorship did not get approved and the file was forwarded to LVO.

Still waiting to hear from the LVO..
Thats really interesting, so still there is hope. how did you appeal? should I take a lawyer for this case you think? I still have about 15 days to appeal, would be appreciate if you can direct me to a page or something that shows the process. thansk

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sam1986 said:
Good Afternoon Folks,
I am reading this forum for quite some time anxiously about my parents sponsorship application.
**My case is very unique**

1. I had initially applied for parents sponsorship in year 2014. for some reason the file came back within a few weeks, I assumed my file did not make it to the 5000 cap.
2. However, Later in April 2014, CIC mailed me a letter stating that I can now apply for 2014 parents sponsorship (very very strange to receive the letter).
3. I applied in may 2014. By may 2014, i had my taxes done for year 2013, 2012 & 2011. Which I submitted. (last 3 years)
4. in April 2016, I get an email from CIC requesting my 2010 assessment. I had noticed that CIC was reviewing taxes of 2010,11 & 12 for 2014 application. My 2010 income is not enough.
5. I have submitted them 2010 to 2015 ..all the assessments. my Income is enough in all the years except 2010.
6. I had consulted through immigration advisers and local MP's. They informed me to stay strong, they believe it will be approved. furthermore, they said I can always dispute based on last 3 years of assessment requirement from that date i signed the application in may 2014. at that point in may I had my 2013 taxes....same could not be said if my file would have been accepted in January of 2014. my represenative has send an explanation letter with the requested tax documents. he has outlines the bulletin clauses in their cic workbook which favors my case.
7. Now reading a few rejections, i kind of worry if my case makes any sense....

will keep you all posted. Pleas provide feedback if you guys know anyone who were invited to apply in middle of 2014... (very very strange)..

thanks,
sam
Hey Sam,

Long time. We used to hang around PNP-Buffalo thread during our PR days back in 2010-11 period. I see you still carry wrong year of your landing on your profile.

For your PGP case, you should have rectified this issue before 2015 or 16. By that you could withdraw your 2014 app and applied in the following years. I see that you didn't receive any communication from CIC since April of 2016. Obviously, your application is stuck and pending for approval. Did you ask for GCMS notes yet? It might give you a hint before you contact CIC.

sam1986

Apr 21, 2011
Alberta
Rossei said:
Hey Sam,

Long time. We used to hang around PNP-Buffalo thread during our PR days back in 2010-11 period. I see you still carry wrong year of your landing on your profile.

For your PGP case, you should have rectified this issue before 2015 or 16. By that you could withdraw your 2014 app and applied in the following years. I see that you didn't receive any communication from CIC since April of 2016. Obviously, your application is stuck and pending for approval. Did you ask for GCMS notes yet? It might give you a hint before you contact CIC.
Hi Rossei,
Yes I remember been active on the forums a few years ago and remember you quite well. I just changed my landing date after you noticed it.. hope it does get updated.
Anyways back to the topic. Yes I do have GCMS notes that I retrieved in October 2016. If I understood it correctly, my case it awaiting final approval. Besides this, I got the MP's office involved in getting an answer by the end of 2016, so either if it gets rejected...i can file in 2017.
The staff from MP was very knowledgeable in immigration issues, because she has worked for federal immigration offices and is very thorough. She did speak to CIC agent on this issue, they both were confident that this would not be an issue...I still have that forwarded email from CIC agent.

Also, I was told by CIC call center in February that i should be seeing the result fairly soon. He mentioned it to me if I do not get an answer by april 29, 2017, I can call back and they will expedite my case.... Not sure if they have any deadlines to finish 2014 cases by end of april? Probably you can shed some light on this issue...

it sucks to see my file still in limbo, and friends who have applied in 2015-16, their parents are already landed...

thanks,
sam

mastersonicdog

Jan 1, 2014
Hello,

Just to provide a quick update for my file.

I got the email from CIC asking for additional documents tonight. They want all the documents submitted to them in 30 days. So far my timeline is:

Jan 2014 - submitted app for 3 people (principal applicant + spouse and youngest daughter {age 20 at time of application-cutoff back then was 22})
Jun 2014 - received confirmation
Feb 2017 - Sponsorship status changed to "Decision Made" and PR status "application received"
Mar 2017 - asking for additional docs + payment

Note that the additional docs they asked are identity documents, not the medical or passport request.

However, after looking around the cic website and this forum, some things are still not clear:

1. They are asking for the payment for rprf, which is 490. However, it does not say anything for the payments of the dependents (spouse and daughter). Does anybody know where can I find the fee so we can pay it all in one go?

2. The youngest daughter is now 22, and working so she can support the parents (both are retired). When we filed the application, she was on her last year of college, got a job right after graduation. Will her job affect her pr application? Back then, the cic website states that any child below 22 (irregardless of disability or working status) can be included on the application - so we included her in it. By my guess.. her application should not be affected even if she is working now, correct?

3. We have the option to send the documents by email, or send it thru a VAC. We are planning to send it thru the VAC (manila office) - this way the agent there can verify if the gathered documents are correct. Is this the best way? or is there a better one?

Thanks fam, I hope my timeline can provide a some help.

mapleleaf776

Feb 13, 2017
I just noticed strange thing with Application Status. It is changed from "In-Process" to "Application Received". Not sure what that means.

I got my Sponsorship Approval in Feb 10, 2017 stating file is forwarded to CPC-OTTAWA for further processing. Since then I did not heard anything yet. I was keep checking Online Application Status and it was showing "In-Process" for PR Application Status, but today I noticed it is changed to "Application Received". Does anyone know what it means?

Thanks

xwlily

Star Member
Apr 18, 2008
mapleleaf776 said:
I just noticed strange thing with Application Status. It is changed from "In-Process" to "Application Received". Not sure what that means.

I got my Sponsorship Approval in Feb 10, 2017 stating file is forwarded to CPC-OTTAWA for further processing. Since then I did not heard anything yet. I was keep checking Online Application Status and it was showing "In-Process" for PR Application Status, but today I noticed it is changed to "Application Received". Does anyone know what it means?

Thanks
Same here, and I have no idea about it. The only thing we can do is waiting, waiting, and waiting.
I know one of my friend that he applied for his parents in 2016, and they already had medical check done.

crazystar

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
mapleleaf776 said:

Thanks

same here.

apple123_4567

Oct 2, 2015
Hello Forum-Wondering if you have any inputs on parent sponsorship in quebec .Heard quebec requires one year income (as compared to 3 year in federal PGP)

Specifically, I am looking for following information.

1) Is it that Quebec program of sponsoring parent is not the same as CIC, not subject to PGP 10,000 cap and is not subject to PGP lottery system?
2) What is the typical timeframe for Quebec ( 1st stage - sponsor's financial readiness, issuing CSQ to parent , applying permanent residence by Parent with CIC)
3) Understand we need to be resident of Quebec for a year and meet LICO for last one year
4) Any other consideration, where Quebec program differs from CIC PGP ?

Thanks,

mastersonicdog

Jan 1, 2014
mapleleaf776 said:

Thanks
I actually have gone through this as well. Ours changed from "in process" to "application received", then didn't hear anything about it for awhile. When I called the CIC agent, they said that "in process" is put there when it is being sent to the visa office of your country. Once they receive it (in our case: Manila), that's when it becomes "application received". After ~1 month, I received the email from the manila office asking for more documents.

nav2016

Apr 29, 2016
Can the people here who paid Right of Permanent Residence fee in Canada help me understand how to pay just the $490 per applicant. I just recd. email from CPC-CTD-Ottawa to pay the fee for my parents. This is after they did medicals in Aug 2016 and dad was asked to do few additional tests twice. Last one was done in first week of Jan 2017 and this is the first communication from CPC since then. Hoping no more obstacles.

When I go the payment website https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en
I do not see the option just to pay the $490 fee, they ask you to pay the processing fee of $550 plus this fee or just the processing fee. Since the processing fee is already paid, why do I have to pay that. I called the call center and after going thru gazillion IVR options to talk to a rep., I get a message that we are very busy try later.

I don't see an option to paste an image here, so pasting the text of various options

Parents and grandparents
Sponsor your parent or grandparent
Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490) = $1040

Sponsor your parent or grandparent (without the right of permanent residence fee)
Sponsorship fee ($75) and principal applicant processing fee ($475) = $550

Include the spouse or partner of your parent or grandparent
Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490) = $1040

Include the spouse or partner of your parent or grandparent (without the right of permanent residence fee)
Processing fee ($550) = $550

Include a dependent child of your parent or grandparent = $150

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
apple123_4567 said:
Hello Forum-Wondering if you have any inputs on parent sponsorship in quebec .Heard quebec requires one year income (as compared to 3 year in federal PGP)

Specifically, I am looking for following information.

1) Is it that Quebec program of sponsoring parent is not the same as CIC, not subject to PGP 10,000 cap and is not subject to PGP lottery system?
2) What is the typical timeframe for Quebec ( 1st stage - sponsor's financial readiness, issuing CSQ to parent , applying permanent residence by Parent with CIC)
3) Understand we need to be resident of Quebec for a year and meet LICO for last one year
4) Any other consideration, where Quebec program differs from CIC PGP ?

Thanks,
Yes you are right, The quebec program is only 1 year financial income requirement. But 1st you have to apply to regular CIC federal system, currently it's the lottery system. Once you've been selected and aproved as a sponsor, CIC will send you approval letter which you have to send along with your application to Quebec to receive CSQ for parents. Usually this part is faily short, max 2 months you should have the CSQs. You then apply to the 2nd part of sponsorship with CIC which includes sending copies of CSQ to CIC and doing medical exams and Police certificate. And yes you have to be resident of Quebec and have filed your taxes there for the previous year.