+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

kleinera

Dec 9, 2014
hasb1901 said:
After receiving CSQ from Montreal ( quebec based applicant) we received email from Paris Office requesting PPC and fees but no medical request !
I thought they will ask for medics prior to request fee processing.
how long did it take you to get CSQ ?

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Just Google "local MP + your area where you live" and it'll come up, just send them an email.

To the person who applied in 2014 and hadn't heard anything, contact cic definitly.

Has anyone read on the forums how l9ng it takes after passport request? We sent passport photos last week.. (we'revise exempt)...

spiceboy_05

Aug 23, 2016
ajka said:
we haven't heard anything from cic. first response was about an acknowledgement in June 2014 and no news after. anyone else have same issues? couple of friends I know from 2016 batch, have alreday got their parent passport stamped here in Canada. should we contact cic? any advise?
So far 2014, process started. You should contact CIC with the application numbe if you are sponsorer. If you have provided email id of your parents, they may have received email from CIC.

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
ajka said:
we haven't heard anything from cic. first response was about an acknowledgement in June 2014 and no news after. anyone else have same issues? couple of friends I know from 2016 batch, have alreday got their parent passport stamped here in Canada. should we contact cic? any advise?
Contact CIC ASAP. You have been waiting more than 11 months without any update. Submit for GCMS notes (Now take almost 30 days so many ppl ask for it every month to check their progress). Are you able to log online and see any changes in the status?

MPNP_Winnipeg

Aug 13, 2012
ajka said:
I am in same boat here. Have not heard anything from CIC since June 2014 only initial AOR with file number. I called couple of time CIC for an update and was told by cic agent that they see no updates on file along with comments

• "Thats how it is ...."
  • "Too bad that 2015 and 2016 applications are being processed and yours not"

Not too sure what next steps should I take. By the sound of it no body has even touched my application for sponsorship.

xwlily

Star Member
Apr 18, 2008
ajka said:
same here.
haven't heard anything from cic after the acknowledgement email in June 2014.

1)Ordered GCMS notes, In Progress-SPR, case pending officer review, the lastest data of the notes was April 1, 2016.
2)Called cic twice, no further information, ask me to wait

I am waiting.......

Hishman

Jan 22, 2014
Hi,

Here is my status:

Applied: Jan 2014
Confirmation: Jul 2014
File Moved to London Visa Office: June 2016
Medical Request: Aug 2016
Medicals done in Canada via e-Medical as Parents were visiting me here in Canada: Aug 2016
Received Request for additional documents, including police certificate : Aug 2016 (yesterday)

* Since parents only go back to home country in mid-September, will try and get home country police certificate ASAP after that and submit documents then. I will let the visa office know if there is a delay, and send them what we have before deadline (1st week of Oct).

Question: Does anyone know that once parents get passport back from passport request, how long do they have to come to Canada?
** We are not there yet, just want to know so we can plan accordingly...

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
MPNP_Winnipeg said:
I am in same boat here. Have not heard anything from CIC since June 2014 only initial AOR with file number. I called couple of time CIC for an update and was told by cic agent that they see no updates on file along with comments

• "Thats how it is ...."
  • "Too bad that 2015 and 2016 applications are being processed and yours not"

Not too sure what next steps should I take. By the sound of it no body has even touched my application for sponsorship.
if you are not getting good answer from CIC agent then you can submit the request online

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Have you got any GCMS note? If not then you should submit for one.
Did you enter email address for your parents? Sometimes they do not send sponsorship approval email.

ajka

Jul 14, 2016
we linked application online but it says file review - not started. cic online status shows application received only. no emails or letters. just ordered gcms notes so will have to wait 30 days to see what is going on. my parents are here in canada on supervisa so we even changed our address. hopefully we get some justice....

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hishman said:
Question: Does anyone know that once parents get passport back from passport request, how long do they have to come to Canada?
** We are not there yet, just want to know so we can plan accordingly...
The visa will be issued for a year from the date of medical completion. For example, medical is done on Sep 1, 2016, passport submitted on Dec 1, 2016. Visa expiry date will be Aug 31, 2017. or If the passport is expired within 6 months, then visa expiry date will be May 31, 2017. This is my understanding. Others might have different opinion. They will have to enter Canada within that date or visa will be cancelled/expired.

Parents2014

Jun 10, 2016
@kiwi2016
It took us 10days to get it back

For those who haven't heard anything, I suggest you call CIC. I called yesterday. Agent was very nice to check status for me. My parents already landed, but parents-in-law haven't heard anything. She told the officer still working on it and no additional doc required so far.

jimmigd

May 12, 2016
ajka said:
I agree..I dont think they are following any order. Mine is a Jan 2014 application. Medicals done in May 2016. Waiting for passport request. Though I wish well for all and quick PPR for all but it is a bit frustraing (frsutration at CIC) to see people who applied after me to get their passport requests and process done! And my file is also very very straight forward.