+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

kaka555

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Apl2014 said:
I am trying to link my application but not successful so far. i had tried all combination but not able to work.

I have only my father is an applicant in family myself my wife, 2 kids so i use count=5

Please correct me if i am wrong?
Hi apl2014

follow the instructions by dchoudh at page 380 of 2016 spread sheet dated 25 augest 2016 at 1.03.33 pm and do the needful done as am not familiar to cut,copy & paste. done myself just now as per instructions.

RPh

Jan 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I still can't link my application...tried the different family sizes as you guys suggested. Now I have to wait another 24 hours :(

Hi @kiwi, did they accept the medicals your mom had for supervisa, or was she required to do another set of medicals?

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
RPh said:
I still can't link my application...tried the different family sizes as you guys suggested. Now I have to wait another 24 hours :(

Hi @kiwi, did they accept the medicals your mom had for supervisa, or was she required to do another set of medicals?
Hi, they accepted her supervisa ones, as long as they were done within a year of the medical request they'll accept them, just tell them they've been done.

janpreet

Feb 21, 2013
COMPLETED!!

I got my parents landing done at Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls on Aug 28th morning at 2am. It was painless process even though I went with my expired Canadian Passport.

I mailed parents application on Jan 2nd 2014 and 969 days or 2 years, 7 months and 27 days later my Parents landed as PR on Aug 28th 2016.

Thank you to all of you for providing valuable information at each stage of the process. And all the best to people who are still waiting.

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
janpreet said:
COMPLETED!!

I got my parents landing done at Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls on Aug 28th morning at 2am. It was painless process even though I went with my expired Canadian Passport.

I mailed parents application on Jan 2nd 2014 and 969 days or 2 years, 7 months and 27 days later my Parents landed as PR on Aug 28th 2016.

Thank you to all of you for providing valuable information at each stage of the process. And all the best to people who are still waiting.
Congratulations Janpreet.

RPh

Jan 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janpreet said:
COMPLETED!!

Congratulations

RPh

Jan 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kiwi2016 said:
Hi, they accepted her supervisa ones, as long as they were done within a year of the medical request they'll accept them, just tell them they've been done.
Thanks for the reply. It's still valid since it was done a couple of months ago.

sramamur

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
janpreet said:
COMPLETED!!

Congratulations Janpreet! Was your parents case processed at CPC-Ottawa? In that case, can you please let us know how long it took for the passport request after you have submitted the Police Certificate?

Thanks, Sridhar.

jimmigd

May 12, 2016
jhutti said:
What is ur link application status shows

Also did u get any ack from cic delhi about docs submitted
Yes- we had to resubmit all documents and forms again to Delhi office.

janpreet

Feb 21, 2013
sramamur said:
Congratulations Janpreet! Was your parents case processed at CPC-Ottawa? In that case, can you please let us know how long it took for the passport request after you have submitted the Police Certificate?

Thanks, Sridhar.
Yes, it was processed at CPC-Ottawa. We got Medical/PCC request on Jun 22nd, 2016. They received everything on Jul 13th, 2016.
We got photos request (no passport request in our case as my parents are US citizens) on Aug 12th 2016 and finally we got CoPR in mail on Aug 26th 2016.

So to answer your question, it took them one month to send us Photos request after we submitted the PCC. All the best!

bmramon

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/01/2014
AOR Received.
09/06/2014
File Transfer...
14-03-2016
Med's Request
21-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
My package was received Jan 2nd 2014 first thing in the morning..... and I'm still "in processing"

So frustrating to see people getting approved while we're just in the waiting game.. argh!

Jan 10, 2014
Oakville, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
bmramon said:
My package was received Jan 2nd 2014 first thing in the morning..... and I'm still "in processing"

So frustrating to see people getting approved while we're just in the waiting game.. argh!
I'm in the same boat? but I kind of know where mine got stuck.

Did you request GCMS notes?
Did you have a co-signer?
Did you live in multiple regions in last five years?
Did you/co-signer sponsor anyone else?

I got my GCMS notes, and since I had a co-signer, and she lived in three different region and she sponsored me. They send a request for Social Assistance check on me to all three regions. For some reason that I don't know (I was never on SA, seems just delay) one region took time to respond. So my file was touched twice but was still waiting on the response from this region. They even have a record of re-sending the request to that region.

But in the latest report no moment at all, no comments after May. I spoke to my MP and they reached out with all the details and were told to wait until October.

So what I assume happened is, because of the regions delay, they moved to the other files, and before my file got looked in they probably have paused at 20/22K for year limit. Its purely an assumption, but I think they will re-start again in Oct, so that we will be in the next year bracket.

Hope for the best, if you know any details, please share.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
PS_4_Parents_Sponsorship said:
But in the latest report no moment at all, no comments after May. I spoke to my MP and they reached out with all the details and were told to wait until October.

So what I assume happened is, because of the regions delay, they moved to the other files, and before my file got looked in they probably have paused at 20/22K for year limit. Its purely an assumption, but I think they will re-start again in Oct, so that we will be in the next year bracket.

Hope for the best, if you know any details, please share.
You are correct in that by this time of the year the annual quota of 20000 visas is beginning to be close to being met.

This does not mean however that if you get medicals done in the next couple of month you won't get visa this year but just that as you get closer to the end of the year more chance for visa to be issued next year.

I know it can be very frustrating when very little movement occurs on ones file.

Jan 10, 2014
Oakville, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
soonihope said:
You are correct in that by this time of the year the annual quota of 20000 visas is beginning to be close to being met.

This does not mean however that if you get medicals done in the next couple of month you won't get visa this year but just that as you get closer to the end of the year more chance for visa to be issued next year.

I know it can be very frustrating when very little movement occurs on ones file.
Yes, it wouldn't necessarily affect the people who have alread approved as sponsors, but we haven't crossed the first hurdle. I said the same, when 2011 were over-taken, it is not someone else is getting looked ahead, but some files get stuck in the process ! I'm happy for everyone who got processed, and hoping for the best. The state of my application at this point is beyond my control, and CIC is not to be blamed either.

Anthony42

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
So my parents got visas, kiwi, they did not get it in Ottawa but in their home come country. Don't worry about quota. Without advertising they will quietly accept as many as possible. Look at the history were this timelines even closely possible under concervatives? No. Now it takes only 2 years max to get your visa. Something unheard of. Govt are same people like you and me and they can make some adjustments here and there without advertisement. Or turn the bling eye to some things. I know that because I myself work for govt