+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
RoyalNS said:
I thought thats the old process before 2014 application. From 2014 you provide all application and form (Sponsor and sponsored). In old system you apply for sponsorship fist and once you got approved then parents fill the application kit. I can be wrong but thats my understanding.

Oh yea, I think you're right... on my letter confirming sponsorship approval there was no mention of a kit... just that they had forwarded it to Ottawa for further processing. I'm just going to go by whatever they put in their letters...

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
RoyalNS said:
I thought thats the old process before 2014 application. From 2014 you provide all application and form (Sponsor and sponsored). In old system you apply for sponsorship fist and once you got approved then parents fill the application kit. I can be wrong but thats my understanding.
I was from the old system and we didn't fill any application kit

This kit maybe for residents of Quebec.

chang007

Jul 27, 2011
My parents received another email today from cpc Ottawa asking for pcc within 45 days.
The irony is that I still haven't received sponsorship approval!

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
chang007 said:
My parents received another email today from cpc Ottawa asking for pcc within 45 days.
What's pcc?

NY mums file was transferred to ottawa on Feb 20 and we've heard nothing.... weird.

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Why some of the files are transferred to Ottawa for further processing? I thought it's always the home country of the parents where further processing ( PCC and medicals) takes place and PR Visas are issued by CHC.

Jan 10, 2014
Oakville, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
isha94 said:
Why some of the files are transferred to Ottawa for further processing? I thought it's always the home country of the parents where further processing ( PCC and medicals) takes place and PR Visas are issued by CHC.
The CIC is trying to optimize the processing speed and want to utilize the visa office where there is more resources. That is why they no longer provide average processing time based on visa offices.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was wondering did you provide two separate emails or one email address.

chang007 said:

jimmigd

May 12, 2016
My parents also received the request for police clearance. In addition they have asked to fill out updated form IM0008 and Schedule A for each applicant. Were you asked the same?
Who is the principal applicant on the file. Is it me the sponsor? or the main parent the principal applicant.
@imcanto : My parents file is moving at the same pace as yours- just one week behind. Are you able to update you progress after sending the medical and police clearance doc?
Thanks in advance!

jimmigd

May 12, 2016
who is the principal applicant on the file? Is it me the sponsor? or my parent? Please could you advice.

Also, any idea how long does it take to get a passport request after submitting medical and police clearance along with the additional docs requested?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
jimmigd said:
who is the principal applicant on the file? Is it me the sponsor? or my parent? Please could you advice.

Also, any idea how long does it take to get a passport request after submitting medical and police clearance along with the additional docs requested?
Principal applicant will be one of your parents. The other parent is then the dependent of the person you made principal applicant.

Passport request can easily take from 3-6 months post medicals on average but sometimes even longer.

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 07,2014 ,REACHED cic-m on Jan 10,2014,at 11.30 AM
Doc's Request.
In Process since 22/04/2016
Nomination.....
credit card charged on Jan 25,2014
AOR Received.
Recvd on JUN 09,2014 CPC-MISSISSAUGA.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Approved by CPC-MISSISSAUGA nd file trfd. to CPC-Ottawa on April 14,2016
Med's Request
received vide email dated June 30,2016.
Med's Done....
AS on July 21 nd information sent to CPC-Ottawa on July 26,Medical results recvd. line in ecas visible
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
Email dtd. Oct.20,2016 recvd. for submission of PPTS nd submitted on Oct. 24, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Docs recvd. on Aug 07,2016
LANDED..........
With God blessings, landed with my spouse at Calgary on April 26,2017.
PS_4_Parents_Sponsorship said:
The CIC is trying to optimize the processing speed and want to utilize the visa office where there is more resources. That is why they no longer provide average processing time based on visa offices.
[/quote

@PS_4_PARENTS_SPONSORSHIP,

Agreed,but then there has to be some criteria. My parents live in India. One of the applicants,whose parents also live in India and has identical time line as that of mine. His application ,after first stage approval, transferred to CHC-New Delhi where as in my case it has been transferred to CPC-OTTAWA.My parents are still waiting for any communication from OTTAWA and INTERESTINGLY in the case as quoted above,Delhi office has already issued MR.This suggests CPC- OTTAWA has larger volume of inventory to deal with and relatively lesser resource at its disposal.

Any ways, processing system at CHC is hard to be understood.

Good luck. God bless all !!!

mspjal.

bmramon

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/01/2014
AOR Received.
09/06/2014
File Transfer...
14-03-2016
Med's Request
21-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
jimmigd said:
My parents also received the request for police clearance. In addition they have asked to fill out updated form IM0008 and Schedule A for each applicant. Were you asked the same?
Yes, we received the exact same request on March 14, from LVO. (Sao Paulo, Brazil)