+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

jimmigd

May 12, 2016
Thank you for your response...
Also- the letter I received asked for original documents...did you send all original birth cerficate, education certificates? Any idea how quickly they return those back?

jimmigd

May 12, 2016
Another question...They have asked about the landing fees receipt? I had only paid application fees at the time of application. How and when did you pay the landing fees? Thanks in advance...

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
jimmigd said:
Another question...They have asked about the landing fees receipt? I had only paid application fees at the time of application. How and when did you pay the landing fees? Thanks in advance...
I paid my fees when I received my document request. I would suggest you don't leave paying until later as your PPR will be delayed until they contact you for this payment later if you defer payment now.

The sooner you pay, it's one thing less left to do.
The only original documents I submitted were the police certificates (photocopies are not acceptable) other than those everything else was a photocopy. However our document checklist stated send photocopies or originals next to each item.

Just follow the instructions you have received for your case.
Good luck.

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
jimmigd said:
My parents also received the request for police clearance. In addition they have asked to fill out updated form IM0008 and Schedule A for each applicant. Were you asked the same?
Who is the principal applicant on the file. Is it me the sponsor? or the main parent the principal applicant.
@imcanto : My parents file is moving at the same pace as yours- just one week behind. Are you able to update you progress after sending the medical and police clearance doc?
Thanks in advance!

Hi, what's your visa office?? You're moving really fast! I know a few of us were approved at the end of Feb as sponsors and transferred to Ottawa, no one's heard a thing so far...

jimmigd

May 12, 2016
soonihope said:
I paid my fees when I received my document request. I would suggest you don't leave paying until later as your PPR will be delayed until they contact you for this payment later if you defer payment now.

The sooner you pay, it's one thing less left to do.
The only original documents I submitted were the police certificates (photocopies are not acceptable) other than those everything else was a photocopy. However our document checklist stated send photocopies or originals next to each item.

Just follow the instructions you have received for your case.
Good luck.
Thank you..Are you able to advise how you paid the landing fees?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
jimmigd said:
Thank you..Are you able to advise how you paid the landing fees?
I did it online and attached the receipt printout along with my documents.

also when you send all your paperwork back enclose a covering letter and list the items you include.

By the way Delhi tends to ask for original documents so don't send photocopies if they said original.

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
soonihope said:
I did it online and attached the receipt printout along with my documents.

also when you send all your paperwork back enclose a covering letter and list the items you include.

By the way Delhi tends to ask for original documents so don't send photocopies if they said original.
Don't they ask for the interview if they want to check original doc other than PCC? If they do not return those original birth cert or education cert its huge hassle to get is back from govt office.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
RoyalNS said:
Don't they ask for the interview if they want to check original doc other than PCC? If they do not return those original birth cert or education cert its huge hassle to get is back from govt office.
But if they specifically say send original documents you must comply or you only slow your own case processing.

It varies from visa office to office but Delhi do often ask for original documents and they do return them as well.
Others like Ottawa are often satisfied with photocopies. It all depends on the visa office and individual case.

Interviews are rare in parent cases. DNA tests are sometimes requested if birth certificates and other documents don't satisfy the immigration officer of the relationship between sponsor and parents but interviews are usually the exception and rare in this category.

chang007

Jul 27, 2011
Hi guys-- update on my case is that my parents file now shows "in process ". It used to be "application received " up until now. But I am still waiting for sponsorship approval from cpc Ottawa. I sent them a query through the online case submission system.

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Anthony42 said:
Sponsorship approved by email February 26
That's awesome news! thanks for letting us all know :) I'm on almost the exact same timeline, except my application was received Jan 3, my sponsorship was approved Feb 20... I've advised them that my mum did a medical last September, so not sure if I'll get medical requests... we'll see...

Congrats tho!