+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
I'm pretty sure our 2014 applications have pretty much been processed in the order they were received... I guess one's with parents only will process faster, less to look at it.

I have a feeling they're processing so quickly now that we will get a bottle neck at the local visa offices...Not that I'm complaining! I reckon they'll be onto 2015 applications by mid year... however, the slow down will be at the LVO's.... I'm just pleased we're all moving forward!!!

wangshd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
kiwi2016 said:
I'm pretty sure our 2014 applications have pretty much been processed in the order they were received... I guess one's with parents only will process faster, less to look at it.

I have a feeling they're processing so quickly now that we will get a bottle neck at the local visa offices...Not that I'm complaining! I reckon they'll be onto 2015 applications by mid year... however, the slow down will be at the LVO's.... I'm just pleased we're all moving forward!!!
Still better than stay "received on XXXXX".
the local office may also speed up if they have too many application waiting in the line.
PC said, they will do 80% within 3 years, NDP should be better, so, you 2014 guys should wait for VISA approval before the end of year.....

Anthony42

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
scorpion_ca said:
I applied for PGP sponsorship application in 2014 and now I am planning to apply for a visit visa for my parents. How can I explain dual intents and strong ties to Canada in visit visa application? Any idea? Thanks!
Just apply for visit visa as usual. My parents had no problems.

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
wangshd said:
Still better than stay "received on XXXXX".
the local office may also speed up if they have too many application waiting in the line.
PC said, they will do 80% within 3 years, NDP should be better, so, you 2014 guys should wait for VISA approval before the end of year.....
I agree by the end of the year too... I had grand delusions when I got sponsor approval that it might be through within a few months ha... maybe a little too optimistic :)

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 07,2014 ,REACHED cic-m on Jan 10,2014,at 11.30 AM
Doc's Request.
In Process since 22/04/2016
Nomination.....
credit card charged on Jan 25,2014
AOR Received.
Recvd on JUN 09,2014 CPC-MISSISSAUGA.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Approved by CPC-MISSISSAUGA nd file trfd. to CPC-Ottawa on April 14,2016
Med's Request
received vide email dated June 30,2016.
Med's Done....
AS on July 21 nd information sent to CPC-Ottawa on July 26,Medical results recvd. line in ecas visible
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
Email dtd. Oct.20,2016 recvd. for submission of PPTS nd submitted on Oct. 24, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Docs recvd. on Aug 07,2016
LANDED..........
With God blessings, landed with my spouse at Calgary on April 26,2017.
scorpion_ca said:
Finally got the email today that I have been waiting since Jan, 2014. CIC forwarded our application to CPC-Ottawa.

Who else got the approval email today?
@Sir/Madam

I,too.have recvd. the mail suggesting approval of my eligibility by CPC-Mississauga. Application has been sent to CPC-OTTAWA for further process.

It is nice that the process ,at last, has begun.Hope,it would be expedited .

Wish u nd all other members the best of luck !!!

God bless all !!!

mspjal

Early Bird

Mar 8, 2016
scorpion_ca said:
Finally got the email today that I have been waiting since Jan, 2014. CIC forwarded our application to CPC-Ottawa.

Who else got the approval email today?
Anybody can explain why some applications are forwarded to CPC- Ottawa while others to their home country?? like ours to Beirut and I have seen others to India or other countries ??

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Early Bird said:
Anybody can explain why some applications are forwarded to CPC- Ottawa while others to their home country?? like ours to Beirut and I have seen others to India or other countries ??
I was expecting CIC would forward our file to Singapore visa office but I am glad that they did not. Singapore High Commission is very busy. It would take forever to process the application. To answer your question, here is my guess -

- If local visa office is busy, CIC forwards file to CPC-Ottawa to help the local office.
- Sponsor is a Canadian citizen.
- Only parents in the application, no other dependent.

wangshd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Early Bird said:
My guess would be the mailing address. can anybody confirm it? CIC transfer the file to ottawa if the parents mailing address is in Canada

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wangshd said:
My guess would be the mailing address. can anybody confirm it? CIC transfer the file to ottawa if the parents mailing address is in Canada
I don't think so. I used back home address as the mailing address.

Calgary_NewB

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
I have the same question. My parents live in Beijing, China, but their application is transferred to LVO-Hong Kong. I have no clues why...

FSWCEC

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary_NewB said:
I have the same question. My parents live in Beijing, China, but their application is transferred to LVO-Hong Kong. I have no clues why...
I did see someone from BJ got transferred to Ottawa even though they physically lives in BJ at the moment... Is it random?

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 07,2014 ,REACHED cic-m on Jan 10,2014,at 11.30 AM
Doc's Request.
In Process since 22/04/2016
Nomination.....
credit card charged on Jan 25,2014
AOR Received.
Recvd on JUN 09,2014 CPC-MISSISSAUGA.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Approved by CPC-MISSISSAUGA nd file trfd. to CPC-Ottawa on April 14,2016
Med's Request
received vide email dated June 30,2016.
Med's Done....
AS on July 21 nd information sent to CPC-Ottawa on July 26,Medical results recvd. line in ecas visible
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
Email dtd. Oct.20,2016 recvd. for submission of PPTS nd submitted on Oct. 24, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Docs recvd. on Aug 07,2016
LANDED..........
With God blessings, landed with my spouse at Calgary on April 26,2017.
scorpion_ca said:
I was expecting CIC would forward our file to Singapore visa office but I am glad that they did not. Singapore High Commission is very busy. It would take forever to process the application. To answer your question, here is my guess -

- If local visa office is busy, CIC forwards file to CPC-Ottawa to help the local office.
- Sponsor is a Canadian citizen.
- Only parents in the application, no other dependent.
@scorpion_ca,

You are logically correct. All the conditions mentioned by you apply to my case ,as well. Visa office close to the place of my parents residence always has very high inventory to deal with.I am a Canadian Citizen and have sponsored only my parents. Therefore, transfer of file to CPC-Ottawa for determining eligibility of my parents appears to be correct. Besides, the email received by me also supports the choice of CPC-Ottawa on the basis of address of my parents as communicated by me in the IMM forms.

I would request the forum members to complete their profile information, as I have done. It will help us all .

Thanks.

Good luck to all !!!

mspjal

OnePieceOne

Jan 30, 2014
hobbes said:
I applied to sponsor my mother in Jan 2014. Today I got an email saying that I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. But it also says that the application has been forwarded to CPC-Ottawa, which is a surprise. I was expecting it to go to New Delhi (since my mom lives in India). Anybody knows how long from now?
I got the same letter as you do, ie met reqirement for eligibility and file transfered to CPC-Ottawa, and my parents don't live in Canada either and I expected the LVO to be the Canadian embassy in their country.

Jan 10, 2014
Oakville, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
FYI folks, they are trying to make it faster and efficient,

Why did processing times information change?

Prior to December 31, 2015, processing times for many of our services were displayed by visa office. This was useful when applications for permanent or temporary residence were always processed by the nearest visa office. However, we now have the ability to move applications around our global network to ensure they are processed as efficiently as possible. This means your application may not be processed at the office closest to where you live.

For many services, instead of asking about your nearest visa office, you are now asked for your country of residence. This provides you with a more accurate processing time. For other services, you may see a single processing time, no matter where you live. This is our commitment to process applications within that time. These processing times are updated on a weekly basis.

In addition, we redesigned the layout to be mobile friendly so that you can get the information you need anytime, on any device.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Sending files to Ottawa was part of the modernization procedure as per Operational Bulletin 353.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob353.asp