+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

lopipi

Jan 27, 2014
Rob_TO said:
The example there is a bit misleading. Had they chosen an officer processing in Jan or Feb 2016, then they most likely would have demanded 2012, 2013 and 2014 NOAs since 2015 ones would not have been released yet.
@Rob_To ... think you missed the fact that in the example they specified JULY 2016, when most certainly the 2015 NOA will be available already ....

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
lopipi said:
@ Rob_To ... think you missed the fact that in the example they specified JULY 2016, when most certainly the 2015 NOA will be available already ....
No i understood completely. I said if the example was for Jan or Feb and not July, they wouldn't have used 2015. Which is the same qualifying they are looking for by accepting apps in Jan 2014.

Yawza

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
screech339 said:
The cap is put in place to prevent the flooding of applications that caused the backlog in the under the old pgpg rules without any caps. The applications get added and added to the queue until we are back to the same problem of parents/grandparents waiting for years and years and years to get their PR.

If you were to submit your parents PR papers under the old rules, your parents would be waiting for probably up to 10-15 years due to backlog. Now your parents won't have to wait that long. So which is it you want. Your parents to wait for over 10 years or more or a heck of a lot sooner under the new system.

The reason you guys are complaining about the 5000 cap is that you guys sort of "first group of queue" that reopens. So your parents will get their PR at a reasonable time. What happens to a new PR that just came to Canada. This PR has to wait 4 years to apply and then submit papers. This new PR's parents will have to wait years and years and years due to all the flood of applications that was submitted before he/she arrived. It is rather unfair that your parents gets to Canada after a decent wait but the new PR's parents have to suffer the wait much longer.

The 5000 cap gives the new PR an equal chance and on equal footing to parents getting PR at a reasonable decent time as the parents who gotten their PR under the new system. So it doesn't matter how long the new system is in place, Everyone's parents will be able to wait at a reasonable time to get their PR. Without the cap, the longer the system was in place, the longer the wait parents have to endure.

For me, I fight for fairness to everyone, Canadians and PRs. If you don't want fairness in the system, that's fine. I'm not going to put any scorn on you but be prepared to be scorned by others who followed the rules faithfully and get denied a spot because you didn't want to be fair and take a spot in the cap away from those that followed the system fairly.
I totally agree with you except that the cap is to prevent flooding, the Conservatives stopped accepting applications because that was one of their campaign big points, they are not immigrant friendly, now 2015 elections are coming and they need some votes so they opened it with a cap, I dont support any of the political parties but thats my take on them

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Yawza said:
I totally agree with you except that the cap is to prevent flooding, the Conservatives stopped accepting applications because that was one of their campaign big points, they are not immigrant friendly, now 2015 elections are coming and they need some votes so they opened it with a cap, I dont support any of the political parties but thats my take on them
Why do you think that the 5000 cap will not prevent flooding of the system. Look what happened already, over 7000 applications has been sent in the first week alone. Now imagined no caps and all 7000 apps were actually compliant to the rules. That's the first week alone. Say 7000 X 52 weeks for 2014. That a potential 364000 applications in one year alone. The following year, it repeats. Only this time the parents will have to wait for 2014 applications to get through before they gets to theirs. This repeats year after year, the wait gets longer and longer for each year passed.

You may be correct in the sense it doesn't stop the flooding of applications in a sense. But it surely creates a huge backlog that was happening under the old pgp system with no caps.

So I should say, the 5000 caps will prevents vast backlogs from happening that cause parents in future years from waiting enduring forever wait on their PRs.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Here is some info on where the backlogs and processing times were heading before the freeze, and where they are now and with caps in place: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2013/2013-10-29a.asp

Yawza

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
screech339 said:
Why do you think that the 5000 cap will not prevent flooding of the system. Look what happened already, over 7000 applications has been sent in the first week alone. Now imagined no caps and all 7000 apps were actually compliant to the rules. That's the first week alone. Say 7000 X 52 weeks for 2014. That a potential 364000 applications in one year alone. The following year, it repeats. Only this time the parents will have to wait for 2014 applications to get through before they gets to theirs. This repeats year after year, the wait gets longer and longer for each year passed.

You may be correct in the sense it doesn't stop the flooding of applications in a sense. But it surely creates a huge backlog that was happening under the old pgp system with no caps.

So I should say, the 5000 caps will prevents vast backlogs from happening that cause parents in future years from waiting enduring forever wait on their PRs.
Exactly, they stopped it for 2 years then they opened it again so it is common sense that they will receive 7000 applications, sponsorship used to take 6 to 7 months, they are not interested in bringing the parents so they started to delay it then stopped it, we all know how gov employees work, not trying to be negative but gov employees are the most unproductive thing on earth add the gov plan to delay the process and here you go 7 years

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Yawza said:
Sponsorship used to take 6 to 7 months
I like to know where you get this 6-7 months. I would believe that when it took that long when parents / grandparents sponsorship first started years ago. The following year, as more applications comes in faster than CIC can process it, the following years, the parents would have to wait longer still. May a few months more. Add another few months for the next year, etc. And there is the 7 years or long wait you are referring to.

Take a look at the link RobTO has shown.

Yes government bureaucratic does add to part of the problem but not 100% the cause for the backlog. Backlog occurs in any organizations, private companies, whenever there is more requests than they can handle. When a company gets an order for a huge quantity of products more than it can get the produce the product out the door, a backlog occurs.

teyville

Jan 28, 2014
Hi to everyone!

Timeline for PGP Sponsorship - Parents-in-law
Jan. 11, 2014- sent the application package via Purolator to CIC Mississauga
Jan. 14, 2014- CIC received the package
Jan. 25, 2014- charged $1,100 credit card transaction CIC-SPONSORSHIP PARRAI - MISSISSAUGA ON

Good luck to all of us! :)

mzm26

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
I have a question for people who got their CC charged by CIC. Did any of you checked option 2 for the question below?

"I you are found ineligible to sponsor, Indicate whether you want to:
*withdraw your application. All processing fee less $75 will be refunded.
*Proceed with the application for permanent residence. processing fee will be retained.

I met all the requirements still picked option 1.

Jan 10, 2014
Oakville, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
mzm26 said:
I have a question for people who got their CC charged by CIC. Did any of you checked option 2 for the question below?

"I you are found ineligible to sponsor, Indicate whether you want to:
*withdraw your application. All processing fee less $75 will be refunded.
*Proceed with the application for permanent residence. processing fee will be retained.

I met all the requirements still picked option 1.
I met all the requirements still I picked option 1 too. I think most would have picked option 1 as in the guide I remember it says, only application on humanitarian ground should pick option 2.

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Jan-2014 11:15am
All new data is now updated... Thanks.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats to those who get choosen. My unlucky story below

submitted on 2nd Jan
received on 3rd Jan at CPC

They reject & send back on 11th Jan : reason no NOA for 2010
I am earning 6 digit salary for last 3 1/2 years and paying canada govt huges taxes.
I resend the application with NOA of 2010 attached. They receive my application second time today 28th.
But I doubt it will be accepted.

NOA of 2010 only contains around 40k since I only work /come to canada later half of year.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jhutti said:
congrats to those who get choosen. My unlucky story below

submitted on 2nd Jan
received on 3rd Jan at CPC

They reject & send back on 11th Jan : reason no NOA for 2010
I am earning 6 digit salary for last 3 1/2 years and paying canada govt huges taxes.
I resend the application with NOA of 2010 attached. They receive my application second time today 28th.
But I doubt it will be accepted.

NOA of 2010 only contains around 40k since I only work /come to canada later half of year.
I am sorry that you were rejected on account of not having an NOA for 2010 with your application. Hopefully your application will get accepted assuming you still meet the 2010 LICO despite working half year in 2010.

Screech339