+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
I am still waiting on those who submitted paystubs for 2013 to compensate for not meeting 2010 LICOS. Haven't heard a peep from them after giving us the scorn against us for telling them CIC won't accept it.

Screech339
Coz you are arrogant, unhelpful and a sadist, no one is dignifing you with a response.... We will let you in to our circle of good news when you stop being scornful and discriminatory!

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nina.roy said:
Coz you are arrogant, unhelpful and a sadist, no one is dignifing you with a response.... We will let you in to our circle of good news when you stop being scornful and discriminatory!
agree, no one person is more deserving than another to want to have their parents live in this country as permanent residence with them. We all have a right to want our families closer. The rules want us to show financial viability for three years, and we should not be discriminated against those showing payslips for 2013.

they want financial viability for the past three years.... I think sending payslips for 2013 should not disqualify an applicant...

gabrielle

Jan 8, 2014
Finally... CC charged Jan 24. Transaction just updated today. :)
Application received Jan 9.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed as I made a mistake with item "immigration office". Hopefully it will not be a problem. Good luck to those still waiting!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
gabrielle said:
Finally... CC charged Jan 24. Transaction just updated today. :)
Application received Jan 9.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed as I made a mistake with item "immigration office". Hopefully it will not be a problem. Good luck to those still waiting!
I wouldn't worry about that. Technically applicants/sponsors can't really choose anyways which office they have the app processed at, and that choice is entirely up to CPC-Mississauga. CIC has very often just ignored what people put in that section, and send the app where they think is best. So no matter what you put in that section, your app will still go where they want it to.

MrNobody

Oct 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
My application was received on Jan 8th, and my CC got charged on the 24th. Btw I was one of those who sent pay slips for 2013 as my 2010 income was not meeting the minimum threshold. I did send the NOA's for 2010, 2011 and 2012 though along with a covering letter clearly stating that I did not quality based on 2010 income.

Looks like at the moment, they're only checking for completeness. I fear that when they finally assess my application in 2016, they will reject it right away and I will have to re-apply in 2017. Maybe I should have held off and applied in 2015 instead. :(

milpan

Aug 13, 2013
Seems they are accepting all files and taking out money later on they will review the files and decide to keep or reject and give money back after deducting 75$ Things won't be clear until we get any communication from CIC

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
MrNobody said:
Maybe I should have held off and applied in 2015 instead. :(
If i was in that situation, that's what I would have done.

When you consider that the 5000 apps this time around are going right to the back of a queue that already has over 50,000 applications backlogged... by the time these new apps are finally processed I think whether you were one of the 5000 in Jan 2014 or Jan 2015, most will be getting PRs in the same year anyways some time out in 2018 or so.

MrNobody

Oct 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
Rob_TO said:
If i was in that situation, that's what I would have done.

When you consider that the 5000 apps this time around are going right to the back of a queue that already has over 50,000 applications backlogged... by the time these new apps are finally processed I think whether you were one of the 5000 in Jan 2014 or Jan 2015, most will be getting PRs in the same year anyways some time out in 2018 or so.
Rob, that's easy to say, but we can't predict the future. For all I know, CIC may lower the cap to 2000 next year or not accept any applications at all. If there's one thing I've learnt over the past few years with the new bone-headed policies being adopted by the Conservatives, it's that unpredictability is now built into the system. What with ministerial instructions and ad-hoc caps in place that come and go, no one can guess what will happen next. Hence when you see an opening, best to act quickly.

Like nina.roy suggested earlier, I will wait until the end of this year and see what happens. If there's no communication from CIC, I might withdraw my current application and submit a new one in Jan 2015.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nina.roy said:
How can I be any of those listed when you don't want to follow the rules. I'm not the one who made these rules. So if you want to cheat the system, by all means so ahead. You would only take a spot that other actually qualify and deserve a spot in the 5000 cap.

If and when we do decide to sponsor my wife's parents, I will follow the rules like everyone else. In fact I don't meet the 2012 lico so that means I have to wait until jan 2017 when I do meet 2013, 2014,2015 LICOs. I won't play the slight of hand putting in 2016 application with option C prints with paystubs knowing full well I am not passing the 2012 lico. I will be stealing a spot from someone else who rightfully deserved it more than me who followed by the book. I would deserved to be called these lovely names you list by these actions if I have done that.

The means to an end doesn't justify the means. It shows immaturity on your part.

I understand that bringing your parents / grandparents over is important. And I can also understand that your parents/grandparents are more important than other parents/grandparents. That's your emotions. Who cares about the other parents / grandparents. Mine are more important and I got to do whatever it takes to get in the cap, to heck with the rules. That's the emotional side blinding you.

I am only standing to reason and won't let my emotion cloud my judgment.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CC has been charged on Jan 25, 2014....please update excel file.

I was wondering will CIC use FIFO or LIFO method for PGP 2014 applications. I have found that CIC used LIFO for FSW program previously (CIC had to cancel FSW applications prior to 2008 to reduce the backlog). CIC also mentioned on Fee Payment Form that the credit card must be valid for at least nine months. I would assume that CIC-Mississauga will finalize 2014 PGP applications by October, 2014. After that, it depends on the visa office to process these applications. As there are lots of new requirements such as 20 years undertaking, increased LICO for 2014 applications, visa office might give priority on these applications.

Any thought?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
scorpion_ca said:
CC has been charged on Jan 25, 2014....please update excel file.

I was wondering will CIC use FIFO or LIFO method for PGP 2014 applications. I have found that CIC used LIFO for FSW program previously (CIC had to cancel FSW applications prior to 2008 to reduce the backlog). CIC also mentioned on Fee Payment Form that the credit card must be valid for at least nine months. I would assume that CIC-Mississauga will finalize 2014 PGP applications by October, 2014. After that, it depends on the visa office to process these applications. As there are lots of new requirements such as 20 years undertaking, increased LICO for 2014 applications, visa office might give priority on these applications.

Any thought?
Pure FIFO, behind current apps - there's still tons of 2009, 2010, 2011 apps to be dealt with so I would assume this is another 4-5 year wait till completion

"CIC will continue to process applications to sponsor parents and grandparents based on the first in first out principle. This means that new applications submitted in this category when the program reopens on January 2, 2014, will be placed in queue behind the applications in the existing inventory of sponsorship applications for parents and grandparents."

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob561.asp

Also from the above link - for those talking about Option C of 2013

If the sponsor has submitted a sponsorship application for a parent or grandparent, when assessing updated financial information, the income calculation rule in paragraph 134(3)(c) must be applied. The sponsor's income and the co-signer's income, if applicable, is calculated on the basis of the income earned as reported in the NOA, or an equivalent document (Option C print out), issued by the CRA in respect of each of the three consecutive taxation years immediately preceding the day on which the officer receives the updated evidence. For example, if an application to sponsor a parent or grandparent was submitted in January 2014 and was being processed in July 2016, an officer may request updated financial information from the sponsor. The income calculation will be based on the NOA or option C for taxation years 2015, 2014 and 2013. As in an initial assessment, the sponsor's income and the co-signer's income, if applicable, is the income earned as reported in the NOA or Option C printout, not including:

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MrNobody said:
Rob, that's easy to say, but we can't predict the future. For all I know, CIC may lower the cap to 2000 next year or not accept any applications at all. If there's one thing I've learnt over the past few years with the new bone-headed policies being adopted by the Conservatives, it's that unpredictability is now built into the system. What with ministerial instructions and ad-hoc caps in place that come and go, no one can guess what will happen next. Hence when you see an opening, best to act quickly.

Like nina.roy suggested earlier, I will wait until the end of this year and see what happens. If there's no communication from CIC, I might withdraw my current application and submit a new one in Jan 2015.
The cap is put in place to prevent the flooding of applications that caused the backlog in the under the old pgpg rules without any caps. The applications get added and added to the queue until we are back to the same problem of parents/grandparents waiting for years and years and years to get their PR.

If you were to submit your parents PR papers under the old rules, your parents would be waiting for probably up to 10-15 years due to backlog. Now your parents won't have to wait that long. So which is it you want. Your parents to wait for over 10 years or more or a heck of a lot sooner under the new system.

The reason you guys are complaining about the 5000 cap is that you guys sort of "first group of queue" that reopens. So your parents will get their PR at a reasonable time. What happens to a new PR that just came to Canada. This PR has to wait 4 years to apply and then submit papers. This new PR's parents will have to wait years and years and years due to all the flood of applications that was submitted before he/she arrived. It is rather unfair that your parents gets to Canada after a decent wait but the new PR's parents have to suffer the wait much longer.

The 5000 cap gives the new PR an equal chance and on equal footing to parents getting PR at a reasonable decent time as the parents who gotten their PR under the new system. So it doesn't matter how long the new system is in place, Everyone's parents will be able to wait at a reasonable time to get their PR. Without the cap, the longer the system was in place, the longer the wait parents have to endure.

For me, I fight for fairness to everyone, Canadians and PRs. If you don't want fairness in the system, that's fine. I'm not going to put any scorn on you but be prepared to be scorned by others who followed the rules faithfully and get denied a spot because you didn't want to be fair and take a spot in the cap away from those that followed the system fairly.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
user828 said:
Pure FIFO, behind current apps - there's still tons of 2009, 2010, 2011 apps to be dealt with so I would assume this is another 4-5 year wait till completion

"CIC will continue to process applications to sponsor parents and grandparents based on the first in first out principle. This means that new applications submitted in this category when the program reopens on January 2, 2014, will be placed in queue behind the applications in the existing inventory of sponsorship applications for parents and grandparents."

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob561.asp

Also from the above link - for those talking about Option C of 2013
The example there is a bit misleading. Had they chosen an officer processing in Jan or Feb 2016, then they most likely would have demanded 2012, 2013 and 2014 NOAs since 2015 ones would not have been released yet.

Also remember that applications must be valid as of the date of filing of the sponsorship application. The very first check a VO will do even if they first open the file in July 2016, is to determine if the application was valid as of Jan 2014 when it was first submitted. And this (as per CIC) involves confirming NOAs from 2010, 2011 and 2012. Only if a sponsor passes this, would it then be possible for a VO to do a re-assessment of income and demand to see most recent NOAs. This is my interpretation of how the rules will be followed, so of course can't say for sure.