+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_to, thanks for your sound advice. I thought that sharing my application status here would help people but clearly there are some immature spiteful people on here who are just not worthy of such privileged information. I honestly cannot be bothered with such insignificant individuals so going forward I will no longer share my application status info on here.

Rob_TO said:
In the end, the 5K apps in 2014 and 5K in 2015 will all end up being processed around the same general time anyways.
You make a good point here, but I I've decided to take my chances with my current application as I can't go through the hassle and stress of applying again in a couple of months with a new born to worry about. If my application succeeds, then I'll be chuffed, otherwise I'll reapply in 2017. On the bright side, the processing time in 2017 may be even shorter than 2014/15/16.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nina.roy said:
Rob_to, thanks for your sound advice. I thought that sharing my application status here would help people but clearly there are some immature spiteful people on here who are just not worthy of such privileged information. I honestly cannot be bothered with such insignificant individuals so going forward I will no longer share my application status info on here.

You make a good point here, but I I've decided to take my chances with my current application as I can't go through the hassle and stress of applying again in a couple of months with a new born to worry about. If my application succeeds, then I'll be chuffed, otherwise I'll reapply in 2017. On the bright side, the processing time in 2017 may be even shorter than 2014/15/16.
Nina.

As much as you didn't like my comments I still stand by it. There is a difference between an honest mistake and a deception. If you had submitted only the papers without the 2013 paystubs, letter of employment, etc, and realized after the fact after you mailed in the application that you made a mistake. I would have accepted that explanation and even more so when you make an effort to withdraw the application.

But when you submit your 2013 paystubs, letters, etc, it means you knew what you were doing. You knew you never qualified the 2010 lico and yet you went ahead anyway.

Even you seems worried about your application by calling CIC being all concerned at all. Worried about missing 2015 and 2016 if you found out you didn't make it by then. Sounds like you had a small guilty conscious after all.

Screech339

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Nina.

As much as you didn't like my comments I still stand by it. There is a difference between an honest mistake and a deception. If you had submitted only the papers without the 2013 paystubs, letter of employment, etc, and realized after the fact after you mailed in the application that you made a mistake. I would have accepted that explanation and even more so when you make an effort to withdraw the application.

But when you submit your 2013 paystubs, letters, etc, it means you knew what you were doing. You knew you never qualified the 2010 lico and yet you went ahead anyway.

Even you seems worried about your application by calling CIC being all concerned at all. Worried about missing 2015 and 2016 if you found out you didn't make it by then. Sounds like you had a small guilty conscious after all.

Screech339
Your inflated sense of self importance makes me laugh! What gave you the impression that I was seeking your approval? Wake up dude, you are a non-entity, so pls don't waste people's time with your insignificant analysis, nobody honestly cares about what you think...

And a friendly advice, seek medical help, you are suffering from 'Narcissistic personality disorder'

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
nina.roy said:
bhjerry - As far as I know, this forum is for sharing our application status with CIC so that others can benefit from it. If you don't believe that CIC responded to me then that's your problem, not mine, I don't have to prove anything to you Sir!

I landed here in Dec 2010, and was working here from 20th Dec as I made sure I had a job here before I landed. So that's why I had an NOA for year 2010. For all those of you speculating about my case, I submitted my application based on income levels of 2011, 2012, 2013. For year 2013, I submitted paystubs, bank statements, employer letters (not NOA). I was very clear in my covering letter to CIC that my 2010 NOA does not meet LICO and that I am applying based on my income for 2011/12/13.

After reading numerous posts on this thread I wrote to CIC again in Feb seeking advice from them if I should withdraw my application or not. I explained to them that because my application was accepted and counted towards the 5000 cap for this year, and my application clearly stated that I am applying based on financial eligibility for years 2013, 2012, 2011, I am not sure how my application will be assessed in year 2016 when its processing commences. And that I do not want to wait until year 2016 to find out that my application was ineligible for sponsorship because my NOA for year 2010 did not meet LICO at the time of submission, and have to reapply in year 2017 (thereby missing the opportunity to apply in year 2015 and 2016 for my parents sponsorship). I asked them straight up if I should withdraw my application now and re-apply in year 2015 with NOAs from year 2011, 2012, 2013? OR will they evaluate my application based on 2011, 2012, 2013 in this year's batch?

In response to my email, after I received my email AOR recently, I got a phone call from CPC-M and they basically asked me again why I was considering withdrawing my application, and I explained to them my situation and I also advised them that I am about to give birth to my 2nd child (and that I still meet the LICO for year 2011/12/13 after the new addition). So they said that I should allow my application to proceed and not to withdraw. They asked me to submit a change in circumstance update to them after my new baby is born by providing them with the birth certificate of my new baby and NOA of 2013. He said that he had no idea how my application will be processed and that I shouldn't worry about it. He also said that he is only responding to my email and had not looked into my paperwork/file. But he said that he will send a message to someone and if my case is a cause of concern, they will call back. So i'm basically stuck in limbo atm.

For gods sake, cut the crap about stealing someone's spot! I am sick of your insinuations! Get a life dude, seriously! You will not get very far in life with that attitude!
The reason I said this CPC-M is not experts on the actual processing, if you ever visited the long running parents thread, you would see how LVO's ask for paperwork all over again, refuse the app even after being approved by CPC-M. You are indeed in a limbo, and only hope that it will run smooth as when in comes to crunch time - it gets very tough to get back to them with "you said this in email"

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
user828 said:
The reason I said this CPC-M is not experts on the actual processing, if you ever visited the long running parents thread, you would see how LVO's ask for paperwork all over again, refuse the app even after being approved by CPC-M. You are indeed in a limbo, and only hope that it will run smooth as when in comes to crunch time - it gets very tough to get back to them with "you said this in email"
Under the old rules, CPC-M only approved the "sponsorship" for the sponsor. They did not do anything else, just looked at the financial/LICO part.
Everything else was done by the Visa offices.

But in 2011/2012 to help with backlogs, CPC-M started asking for documentation from sponsors. They sent the docs/files to visa offices. Some Visa offices in 3rd world asked for documents from applicants again, like Islamabad, New Delhi, etc.

Our visa office (Paris) did not ask for everything to be sent again....they just asked for detailed history from age 18, since we had only given them last 10 yrs. Other than that, they did not ask much, and processed everything in about 8 months.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you canvis2006 and user828 for that invaluable insight.

User828, can you elaborate on exactly what documents do LVO's ask for specifically when you said "LVO's ask for paperwork all over again"?

Is that like all the docs from the sponsorship application Document Checklist — Sponsor (IMM 5771) like fill out all the forms again, 3 latest years NOA/Option C's etc?

If that is the case, I see that as a good thing....

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
nina.roy said:
User828, can you elaborate on exactly what documents do LVO's ask for specifically when you said "LVO's ask for paperwork all over again"?

Is that like all the docs from the sponsorship application Document Checklist — Sponsor (IMM 5771) like fill out all the forms again, 3 latest years NOA/Option C's etc?

VOs sometimes ask for continued compliance of the LICO amounts. If at anytime during the submission of app to CIC issuing the visas a sponsor's income dips below the LICO amounts, the entire application can be cancelled.

However the rule still remains that you need to have had an acceptable app at the time of original submission.

i.e. say a couple about to get married submit a spousal app a few days before the wedding. They then get married and after getting the marriage certificate send it into the VO. So technically when the VO starts to review the file the couple is in full compliance and has a valid marriage certificate, BUT since as of the date the app was mailed they weren't officially married yet, the entire thing would be cancelled and would have to start from scratch again.
It's the same with meeting LICO. You need to have satisfied is from the date you mailed the applications. The only question mark on your app is if they will use 2010/11/12 income, or if in a few years time they will consider 2011/12/13 income for apps submitted Jan 2014. It's entirely up to the VO.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
nina.roy said:
Thank you canvis2006 and user828 for that invaluable insight.

If files goes to ND ( New Delhi ) , they ask for the same paperwork you sent to CPC-M ( IMM008 etc ) , so while scrutinizing it, they may see 2010 income is not met. There was another applicant who met his required income, LVO officer didn't calculate it correctly, refused the app and they had to appeal for something which wasn't their fault and no favors of getting ahead in line. My point is even if it's cleared from CPC-M, there is no guarantee that will be approved in LVO when they reevaluate everything and let me add they are very diligent when to come to income verification, we have seen them asking for Option C and other docs late in the application ( coincidentally to those who lost jobs and had change in income ) and their communication level is atrocious. They want the applicant to keep making that income right till the end ( 2010 >> onwards )
My advice to you is don't rely on CPC-M's approval, or their word - I bet if you call the toll free # and ask the same question, you will get different replies
If you didn't have income for 2010 - I wouldn't take my chance to learn from LVO that it wasn't approved. I believe in your case the LICO will be higher due to baby

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nina.roy said:
And a friendly advice, seek medical help, you are suffering from 'Narcissistic personality disorder'
Nice medical term you came up with. I see you have been watching the comedy hit show called "Big Bang Theory".

Anyway let sleeping dogs lie since it is in the past and can't be undone.

BTW, congrats on your new baby. With that in mind, is it really worth the risk of delaying your parents to become PRs and be with their grandchild by 2-3 years or more if you find out your parent PR sponsorship get cancelled when CIC open your file due to insufficient 2010 LICO requirement?

RobTO and user828 has given you great advice on your situation. Please heed their advice.

OnePieceOne

Jan 30, 2014
I shall pose the question again,

Other than nina.roy, has any other applicants received AOR letters from CIC yet?

Thanks.

pgpvisa2014

Dec 16, 2013
OnePieceOne said:
I shall pose the question again,

Other than nina.roy, has any other applicants received AOR letters from CIC yet?

Thanks.
My application was received on Jan 2nd around 9am, so I'd like to think it must be "near" the front of the queue. My credit card has been charged, so that "double" confirms it was received and for the most part intact and complete (depending on the 'complete' criteria they set to prior to processing the visa payment)

Having said all that; I have NOT heard back from the CIC nor have I received an AOR letter (email nor snailmail)

I still keep hoping they will fast track the Jan 2014 intake of applications, for 3 logical reasons:
1. If we have not been processed by the end of 2014, I'll be reapplying (as I am sure all 2014's will) in Jan 2015. And will continue to reapply every January, until our application is successful. I am not prepared to skip a year (or six) waiting while they process my 2014 application, to be rejected in 2020 because I forgot to dot an I or cross the T on page 67 of the 2014 application.
2. it brings credibility to the simple fact that the 'new and improved' system and criteria are effective and it was worth closing it for 18 months while they adjusted the criteria and improved the system
3. And it allows those who are caught in the 'older backlog' process of 5 to 8 years an opportunity to apply in 2015 and also be fast tracked (if they qualify) rather than waiting the backlog period to be processed.
Call me the eternal optimist!

I'll be sure to post when I hear back from CIC re the AOR letter.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
pgpvisa2014 said:
My application was received on Jan 2nd around 9am, so I'd like to think it must be "near" the front of the queue. My credit card has been charged, so that "double" confirms it was received and for the most part intact and complete (depending on the 'complete' criteria they set to prior to processing the visa payment)

Having said all that; I have NOT heard back from the CIC nor have I received an AOR letter (email nor snailmail)

I still keep hoping they will fast track the Jan 2014 intake of applications, for 3 logical reasons:
1. If we have not been processed by the end of 2014, I'll be reapplying (as I am sure all 2014's will) in Jan 2015. And will continue to reapply every January, until our application is successful. I am not prepared to skip a year (or six) waiting while they process my 2014 application, to be rejected in 2020 because I forgot to dot an I or cross the T on page 67 of the 2014 application.
2. it brings credibility to the simple fact that the 'new and improved' system and criteria are effective and it was worth closing it for 18 months while they adjusted the criteria and improved the system
3. And it allows those who are caught in the 'older backlog' process of 5 to 8 years an opportunity to apply in 2015 and also be fast tracked (if they qualify) rather than waiting the backlog period to be processed.
Call me the eternal optimist!

I'll be sure to post when I hear back from CIC re the AOR letter.
I would agree with your assessment on the issue of AOR. CIC should at least send out AORs for 2014 PGP before the end of the year. Otherwise, those that got accepted but still haven't gotten their AOR will try again the following year for 2015 PGP. CIC should do their part in issuing at least AOR's before they open 2015 PGP.

Screech339

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
pgpvisa2014 said:
1. The best you can probably hope for in 2014 is to get AOR. Best case they will start processing apps submitted Jan 2014 at CPC-M sometime in 2015, but 2016 is also realistic.

If you re-apply in Jan 2015, your 2014 app will be cancelled and you will go to the back of the line. The only possible reason one should re-apply, is if their Jan 2014 app did not meet all requirements.

3. All apps submitted prior to the shutdown in Nov 2011, are at the front of the line and will be processed first. It does not make sense for anybody with an existing app prior to this date, to apply again.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pgpvisa2014 said:
If we have not been processed by the end of 2014, I'll be reapplying (as I am sure all 2014's will) in Jan 2015. And will continue to reapply every January, until our application is successful. I am not prepared to skip a year (or six) waiting while they process my 2014 application, to be rejected in 2020 because I forgot to dot an I or cross the T on page 67 of the 2014 application.
I'm afraid you cannot make another application whilst one is still in progress. See Question #6: "Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members?" on form: IMM 1344 (Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking) under "Sponsor Eligibility Assessment", i.e. page #2 of 7 of that form. The application guide says "If you answer “Yes” to any question between 5 and 15, You are not eligible to be a sponsor. You should not submit an application."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp#completeApplication

If you intend to reapply in Jan 2015 for any reason, you will need to withdraw your current application, get confirmation from CPC-M of the withdrawal and then re-apply in Jan 2015.