+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
quinnman said:
They probably gave the initial 5000 applications a quick scan, and are now reviewing them more closely and rejecting those that do not meet the criteria. Luckily they seem to be asking for additional application from those that just missed the cut, to get back up to 5000!
As to whether CIC is actually replacing rejected applications with new ones to maintain the 5000 cap, that remains to be seen.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
MadeInBrazil said:
A friend of mine sent her mom`s application in January (24) and CIC returned it with a letter informing that the cap was reached.

Now (in April) she received another letter from CIC asking her to resend the application.

Has anyone received this letter?
Strange indeed. Did the letter say any more?
If CIC's plan all along was to do an early review and replace non-qualifying apps with new apps, then they should have kept a couple hundred apps that just missed the cut-off on file in a waiting list.

pgpvisa2014

Dec 16, 2013
screech339 said:
Thanks Nina for providing a detailed response to the subject matter. This should put the issue to rest to those who may think about reapplying. They have to learn to be patience and hopefully CIC issues AOR's before the end of the year. Otherwise there will be a lot of restless 2014 PGP sponsors waiting in 2015 PGP.

+1
Yes, I concur; awesome feedback. Thank you Nina. Which is why I really enjoy posting and reading this forum.

immi_info

Apr 23, 2014
Rob_TO said:
If CIC's plan all along was to do an early review and replace non-qualifying apps with new apps, then they should have kept a couple hundred apps that just missed the cut-off on file in a waiting list.
Received letter stating to me to resend the correct version of the forms.....Application was initially denied/sent back coz the forms were outdated....still wondering how that happened coz I printed them in the new year 2014. Anyone else in the same boat. :p

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
immi_info said:
Received letter stating to me to resend the correct version of the forms.....Application was initially denied/sent back coz the forms were outdated....still wondering how that happened coz I printed them in the new year 2014. Anyone else in the same boat. :p
Did your money get charged?

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
I think you have posted in the wrong thread. According to your older posts, you are not even a PR. How can you submit a parent sponsorship application?

immi_info said:

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Rob_TO said:
I sent a wrong form too and got returned, but the letter didn't say anything. So I sent a package again with wrong form and they accepted. I was never asked to send another correct form.

OnePieceOne

Jan 30, 2014
Guys, i was doing my tax today and was wondering that to meet PGP LICO, which line of the federal tax return should meet the LICO, is it line 150 Total Income, or Line 236 Net Income, or Line 260 Taxable income?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
OnePieceOne said:
Guys, i was doing my tax today and was wondering that to meet PGP LICO, which line of the federal tax return should meet the LICO, is it line 150 Total Income, or Line 236 Net Income, or Line 260 Taxable income?
It's line 150: Total Income

immi_info

Apr 23, 2014
YYZguy416 said:
I think you have posted in the wrong thread. According to your older posts, you are not even a PR. How can you submit a parent sponsorship application?
Dude, me and my buddy use the same profile.....I am in the correct thread. Thank you for pointing it out though!

immi_info

Apr 23, 2014
Cocoa said:
I sent a wrong form too and got returned, but the letter didn't say anything. So I sent a package again with wrong form and they accepted. I was never asked to send another correct form.
When did you resend it? I sent it early jan, then resent with new forms end of jan and now received a letter stating to resend with new forms.

The strange thing is that the initial applications were printed in early jan and I fail to understand how did it print outdated forms?

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
immi_info said:
When did you resend it? I sent it early jan, then resent with new forms end of jan and now received a letter stating to resend with new forms.

The strange thing is that the initial applications were printed in early jan and I fail to understand how did it print outdated forms?
I sent first package in the beginning of Jan. I didn't know that my form was the old one as I downloaded in the beginning of Jan. CIC site uploaded some new forms earlier and some a few hours later.
My second package was sent with wrong form again in the end of Jan. But the package was accepted recently.

immi_info

Apr 23, 2014
Cocoa said:
I sent first package in the beginning of Jan. I didn't know that my form was the old one as I downloaded in the beginning of Jan. CIC site uploaded some new forms earlier and some a few hours later.
My second package was sent with wrong form again in the end of Jan. But the package was accepted recently.
How do you know it was accepted? Did they send you a letter (AOR) or was ur credit card charged. If not, may be you will receive a letter too....On my letter it stated that I should send the application with new forms by end of May I think. (gave me a month from the date letter was typed)

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
immi_info said:
How do you know it was accepted? Did they send you a letter (AOR) or was ur credit card charged. If not, may be you will receive a letter too....On my letter it stated that I should send the application with new forms by end of May I think. (gave me a month from the date letter was typed)
My credit card was charged. Also I called CIC to have confirmed that I am in 5000 cap.
The difference between old form and new form is 10 years and 20 years garantee. My parents are almost 80. That might be the reason I wasn't requested to fill a new form considering of the processing time.