ThaiGirl

Jun 12, 2019
Med's Request
4-04-2019
Med's Done....
8-04-2019
Passport Req..
12-06-2019
I have been accompanying my husband to Canada on a TRV for the past four years May through October. During this time my daughter is in school in Thailand. I applied for a PRV last October before going back to Thailand. My husband, a Canadian citizen by birth, and I arrived back in Canada on May 7 this year and are presently in Canada. My daughter is in school in Thailand. I have my and my daughters passports with me. I have just been notified to send the passports, photos and Appendix B in for the PRV stamp and I am prepared to do that. Our immigration consultant just told me that I have to take the passports to the VAC in my country for them to send the to Singapore along with photos and forms. That would mean that I would have to go back to Thailand, submit the forms to the VAC office, wait for them to come back from Singapore (about one month +). My daughter is in school in Thailand until mid March. It was my husband and my intention to travel back to Thailand at the end of October and return to Canada together as a family when school gets out in March. This would be before the one year anniversary of the medical examinations which we had last April.

Instructions from IRCC clearly state “If you have a mailing address in Canada and all your accompanying dependents are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three (3) months, you may submit your passport(s), photos and Appendix B to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa”.

My question then is this, is there a way that I could do this process without going back to Thailand before the end of October?