+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What this message means?

Littlebeee

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
The problem that my lawyer didn’t show me this details unfortunately. That’s bad.

can work permit helps anything if I didn’t continue this process?Can I delay?
I’m sorry you lawyer didn’t explain well to you. You cant fully trust lawyers, next time do you research well before you apply to anything.

I don’t think your work permit can do anything in this situation, when you receive your work permit the conditions on it will be” this document does not serve as a visa or temporary residence” so you cant use it to travel.

Did you submit your passport yet?

Last edited:

Littlebeee

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
The problem that my lawyer didn’t show me this details unfortunately. That’s bad.

If you withdraw from the application, you will have to leave canada right away. And it can’t be delayed

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Once you leave Canada as an asylum claimant you will have difficulty returning. Did you not research asylum before applying given that you were already in Canada for some time. When did you stop studying full-time? Would add that once approved as a protected person you can attempt to travel but certain countries don’t accept RTDs or require you to get a visa to enter with your RTD.

itzdrmac

Star Member
Feb 15, 2021
How dare you can judge my life? Do you know that i lost a l lot of family in my own home? Who are you to judge if i deserved or not? You don’t have any idea what the work I should finish before i can back to canada and start what I wanted to start.

I already saw your account you are just looking to people who takes a less time in process than you got and just saying they are lucky. That’s why you didn’t have your case yet. Cus you are vengeful selfish person.
lmao

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What about immigration ? it take long time as this? Or I can’t do it ?
It's not clear what you are asking and what you mean by "immigration". Can you provide more details?

Do you mean applying to immigrate through a non-refugee economic immigration stream like Express Entry? If so, you cannot do this while you have a refugee claim in progress and you will not be able to do this from within Canada. You would need to withdraw the refugee claim, leave Canada, and then apply for economic immigration from outside of Canada. How long that takes depends on the program.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I’m so confused. I have to go out canada necessary but i wanna come back. What should i do?
If it is absolutely mandatory that you be able to leave Canada, then you will have to withdraw your refugee claim and then you will be able to leave.

However returing to Canada will then be complicated. You should assume that it will be extremely difficult / next to impossible to obtain a visitor visa, work permit or study permit to allow you to return. Likely the only option to return will be to apply for PR through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry or PNP (if you qualify and/or have enough points) and then wait for that application to be approved.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
How dare you can judge my life? Do you know that i lost a l lot of family in my own home? Who are you to judge if i deserved or not? You don’t have any idea what the work I should finish before i can back to canada and start what I wanted to start.

I already saw your account you are just looking to people who takes a less time in process than you got and just saying they are lucky. That’s why you didn’t have your case yet. Cus you are vengeful selfish person.
You are being sensitive and i dont see any problem with @itzdrmac comment.

As other's comment, there is waiting period when you file your refugee claim up to before hearing. that period you dont have any status in Canada, but in your case you do have Valid Study Permit, so you have that provided it was not granted through refugee claim. They will seize your passport so you wont be able to travel. once you get positive decision, then you can apply for Travel Document to go to third country of your choice. That process from refugee claim to hearing to travel document, can take 2years or more. I have seen people applied for Travel document and its been over a year they havent receive one. Switching from being a student to refugee comes with limitations, and its not as simple as jumping a queue.

Reactions: Jack david and Tmon

Jack david

Mar 4, 2023

As other's comment, there is waiting period when you file your refugee claim up to before hearing. that period you dont have any status in Canada, but in your case you do have Valid Study Permit, so you have that provided it was not granted through refugee claim. They will seize your passport so you wont be able to travel. once you get positive decision, then you can apply for Travel Document to go to third country of your choice. That process from refugee claim to hearing to travel document, can take 2years or more. I have seen people applied for Travel document and its been over a year they havent receive one. Switching from being a student to refugee comes with limitations, and its not as simple as jumping a queue.
I’m ok with this information. But no one can judge if someone deserves this or not. Other people told me kindly without questioning my integrity. we can be kind to each other so simply.

Reactions: Simba112

Jack david

Mar 4, 2023

Lmaao loool also like if this cause for a laugh. I was wondering and confused. A little respect.

Jack david

Mar 4, 2023
Everyone is trying to explain what process is , and so surprised you look educated and you did not do research before applying
So everyone should respect each other
Yeah, and i appreciated evrey single word they said to me and thank them all. I respected everyone.
“lmaao, lol” after evrey single word I didn’t write it i mean he did maybe you didn’t see the thread.

We are talking in serious subjects we didn’t know each other so?
if you ask for something and i came say:
“You really think you can do this? lool”
“Who do you think your self to be over rules”
Like this
And you simply came here for first time just for asking

Do you think this is polite?

Jack david

Mar 4, 2023
To sum up i was right friends, I asked my lawyer again. My case can be like what i said.
Will not take 2 years at all, maximum 3-4 months.

I did my research for sure but when you all say that I thought i was wrong.

Thankyou all for helping wish you the best♥

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
To sum up i was right friends, I asked my lawyer again. My case can be like what i said.
Will not take 2 years at all, maximum 3-4 months.

I did my research for sure but when you all say that I thought i was wrong.

Thankyou all for helping wish you the best♥
I guess we should all NOT comment after this for the sake of not disrespect you.. All the best with 3-4months timeline. Your lawyer is the best, I guess he is the lawyer, IRB registry clerk, IRB deciding member on your hearing plus he process and prints travel document. He can get all done in just 4months..Goodluck

Jack david

Mar 4, 2023
Nice.

Who will disrespect me? That’s not allowed and not a choice :)

That gave me good lesson to not ask anything here in this website. First and last.

I will come soon to tell you all that i got it to take your congrats ;);) I know something so I’m sure right?

Hope you to learn respectful for who is confused. When you have information give it really to help not to mocking him.

Bye.