+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What should be done if We dont get AIP before Fall Sem Starts

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
Usually a full refund is only given on SP refusal. If student withdraws, there is a partial or total loss of fees depending on the timeframe. In my case, I have deferred to Fall 2021 so the college wont refund in full because my SP application is still ongoing, if I want a refund it will mean losing my seat and only getting a refund minus the deposit ($3000).

SohailArif

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Email your college about this, tell them this whole situation and they will let you know, as some colleges/universities have revised their refund policies for fall 2020.

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
What have you decided finally?

I also share your timeline and I am still awaiting AIP.

I am contemplating starting online classes and not wait, but if I am refused, I will lose a chunk of money.

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Unless you are near certain that you will get AIP, I don't think that is a good decision
I have a previous refusal for section 216 purpose of visit, I addressed all the reasons and applied a second time. I am thinking it will come through but just not in time.

If I defer, I will lose a huge chunk of time, it will be far too much and I do not want to take that kind of risk, but at the same time the tuition is also a concern.

I am stuck.