+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What should be done if We dont get AIP before Fall Sem Starts

kunaln53

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hi Guys,

I would like to know your views on action plan for month.

Talking about Myself , I had applied SP for May intake on 26th Feb where Intake got deferred and and SP decision is not there (AS NO ONE IS GETTING DECISION ON SDS INDIA FROM LONG) . Now its just few days when Sem is going to Start . I have two questions here:-

1.) I dont find it good decision to start online without AIP , even if CIC and College allows .

SO option 1 - i already deffered from May to Sept, I dont think College will allow another deffer (niether i want to do) ,
And Opt 2 - To get refund , I dont think i will get my full refund if i withdraw my Application without refusal.

2.) In case i still go to study online without AIP(if they allow), Do you think college will refund me after studying few months ?

Please share your views, What should be done

Timeline and File :-
Lodged - 26th Feb
Biometric done - 29th Feb
Medical passed - 9th mAr
eligibility started - Somewhere in APR/MAY
File Type - SDS
Country India
College- Durham OSHAWA

Asmii

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
Its unlikely that clg will refund after you join online class. If you had applied back in Feb I am sure your application must be under review and you will soon receive your decision some march and June applicant have got their decision last week.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

kunaln53

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
College admins are not fools. Once you start, that is reason enough to give back the refund
Yeah ! The same is my Question. What are the chances of getting refund if i get refused post starting online study.

and whats the solution to overall situation

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Yeah ! The same is my Question. What are the chances of getting refund if i get refused post starting online study.

You check the collage rules .i also asked from my collage and they send me.email abput refund policy

Vishwa1994

Jun 26, 2020

If any student gets a refusal before starting the course , the college has to give a full refund of the tuition fees. And mostly all colleges do the same.

kunaln53

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Its a mess now . No Clear decisions , Lost Job , No hope of getting visa for Fall too, Almost wasted 8-9 months for nothing but confusions
I dont have any hope for fall as its actually not possible to provide decsions on such backlog in 18 days.

Asmii

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
Its a mess now . No Clear decisions , Lost Job , No hope of getting visa for Fall too, Almost wasted 8-9 months for nothing but confusions
I dont have any hope for fall as its actually not possible to provide decsions on such backlog in 18 days.
HC is giving me anxiety and depression I have the same condition and paying loan interest since March for absolutely nothing. sick and tired of waiting I want to attend fall intake but even I don't see it's possible hardly 1 month is remaining.

kunaln53

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
My question is still to all people remains same , (I am not being negetive but realistic) What we going to do if we don't get AIP before fall starts . 1)Will you guys withdraw the application and take half or whatever refund from college ?,
2) Will you start studying online with more risk.. 3) Or what exactly we are going to do

Asmii

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
You are blessed. I had already deferred from May to Sep. I don't think college will allow me further
Ofcourse they will allow if your course has next intake on Jan email them and ask for the deadline to defer else the seat might be full as many students might wanna defer.

renron

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
SO option 1 - i already deffered from May to Sept, I dont think College will allow another deffer (niether i want to do) ,

is there really a policy of the school with regards to deferral like this? any source or link in the website of the school?
what I know is that....as long as the reason is valid specially delay in the processing of visa by IRCC, i think the school will allow you deferral.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Most schools already have their Winter intake full because international students are all deferring or choosing to start January '21. They don't want more students moving from Fall to Winter so I will be surprised if they allowed you to defer again

Asmii

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019

is there really a policy of the school with regards to deferral like this? any source or link in the website of the school?
what I know is that....as long as the reason is valid specially delay in the processing of visa by IRCC, i think the school will allow you deferral.
Yeah since it's a global pandemic and the delay is from ircc side clg will allow, for specific rules and deadline better contact the clg itself I did and they assure me that I can defer for jan till the end of August if I don't get SP.