+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the best way to prove physical presence in Canada when unemployed?

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream16 said:
That's the catch desi folks are looking for lol, thanks for sharing the workaround, unfortunately this will be heavily abused now
desi (indian..Punjab and gujarati) folks have brought a bad name to honest, well educated, well cultured and well mannered Indians trying to make a living in Canada. All the villagers desis try to find a work around, fake documents, fake ids, fake papers, every thing fake !! , they mess up the wonderful Canadian system that is generous and kind, they take everything for granted and take advantage of everything. Very very self-fish ! They don't spend a single dollar here, ship their cheap clothes and sandals from the villages in India and don't integrate into the Canadian society and culture. God.. I feel so embarrassed !

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
SinghLovCan said:
desi (indian..Punjab and gujarati) folks have brought a bad name to honest, well educated, well cultured and well mannered Indians trying to make a living in Canada. All the villagers desis try to find a work around, fake documents, fake ids, fake papers, every thing fake !! , they mess up the wonderful Canadian system that is generous and kind, they take everything for granted and take advantage of everything. Very very self-fish ! They don't spend a single dollar here, ship their cheap clothes and sandals from the villages in India and don't integrate into the Canadian society and culture. God.. I feel so embarrassed !
All desis are Indians, but all Indians are not desis. There are many highly talented, completely honest and well cultured Indians/ Indo-Canadians in Canada, who neither follow nor support the 'desi attitude'.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pie_vancouver said:
I am curious how fraudsters scam the residence requirement if CIC has CBSA report... :-X
No body knows this, but all I know is that most of the desi (Indian , Asian, Middle Eastern) people who are barely educated, came from poor villages are the biggest scammers.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RQ2012 said:
All desis are Indians, but all Indians are not desis. There are many highly talented, completely honest and well cultured Indians/ Indo-Canadians in Canada, who neither follow nor support the 'desi attitude'.
Totally and completely agree with you, but unfortunately we have more desis in Canada than True Well Cultured Indians living here and I wonder why it is this way.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Just to bring the Subject of Interest back, I have a situation where I need to prove my presence for first 3 months of landing to Canada when I did not have job or OHIP or rent/own unit. I do have my airline tickets along with boarding pass and misprinted stamp of exit from home country. (misprinted: One cannot read the Year as the ink had been spread around it. I also noticed that it happened for most of the stamp that I had received in Past.)

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
sapguru said:
Just to bring the Subject of Interest back, I have a situation where I need to prove my presence for first 3 months of landing to Canada when I did not have job or OHIP or rent/own unit. I do have my airline tickets along with boarding pass and misprinted stamp of exit from home country. (misprinted: One cannot read the Year as the ink had been spread around it. I also noticed that it happened for most of the stamp that I had received in Past.)
You should call for the CBSA report. If you have US visa on your passport (if you are from a non-visa waiver country), then you should also get the US CBP entry/exit record. That record is available online instantly. Those two reports, and existence/ lack of any entry/ exit stamps on your passport for the post-landing period should help you prove that you were in Canada.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sapguru said:
It is hard to prove that , especially when you didn't have employment the first 3 months. Your landing papers prove when you landed, but your best bet would be to wait +3months, so those 3 months of landing wont count.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Landing was done a year prior to it and then I went back to home country. I came to live in Canada a year later. Unfortunately, I had applied for the Citizenship already and I think withdrawal is not recommended too.

I had to apply for a travel document (kind of visa) to fly back to Canada as my PR card was never issued and the one time Immigrant visa had expired.

I did apply for PR Card and my daughter's immigration during first 3 months.

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
chelavnzuo said:
I don't have a personal doctor in Canada because I rarely need to see a doctor at my age. That being said, whenever I felt sick I'd walk into a clinic and got checked up.
Will that be wise to frequently visit my local clinic from now on and request for medical check weekly so that I can accumulate some health care history?
Your Visits to doctor by walk in are also recorded, did you ever joined a health club, Massage activity, community activity, Volunteer services etc. that can be a good prove. A traffic violation ticked given to you by an officer on your name (not Camera or Parking ticket) can be used as proof.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
What happens if you are not able to prove your residence in Canada? Does your Citizenship application get rejected? What are the consequences?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
RQ2012 said:
I thought "Desi" was simply a term for people of South Asian decent. And I never heard the term in a negative connotation, but more of a positive way. Am i wrong?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
sapguru said:
What happens if you are not able to prove your residence in Canada? Does your Citizenship application get rejected? What are the consequences?
You will get RQ'ed

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
keesio said:
You will get RQ'ed
I have already got a RQ. What happens if I am not able to provide required residence proof or my residence proof do not satisfy the Officer / Judge handling the case?

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sapguru said:
I have already got a RQ. What happens if I am not able to provide required residence proof or my residence proof do not satisfy the Officer / Judge handling the case?
What proof are they requesting , can you elaborate? If you don't reply to RQ form within the time limit, you citizenship application will be considered abandoned. When did you become a PR, when did you apply for citizenship? How many times did you leave the country? Which country are you originally from?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
i came to canada and two months i did not have a job and stayed at my relatives house. I have no proof of residence but i still mentioned i stayed there because i stayed there.
I also mentioned i was unemployed for two months.
why would I get RQ? every newcomer gets couple of months to settle down.