+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the best way to prove physical presence in Canada when unemployed?

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
they are asking for 4 years residence history and 4 years of work history.
i came to canada in 2011 october and now eligible for citizenship.
if i provide 4 years of work history and residence history, i have provide 3 years of canada and 1 year outside canada from my home country.
which means in order to provide 4 years of history of canada, i have to stay 4 years then apply means 2 months of unemployment + 12 months of stay in canada and then i can have 4 years of address history for canada.

To qualify you need 3 years stay in Canada out of the 4. So if you were unemployed for 2 months... then you apply in December or January. Then you are fine !

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
If you meet the 1095 days residence requirement then you are good to go.
If you get RQ then list your address and work history (with proof) since your arrival date in Canada.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sapguru said:
Per my understanding, there is no requirement of 4 years of Work History. Just need 1095 days of stay in Canada in last 4 years.
When you fill the citizenship application, you have to provide last 4 years of residence address and work details.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SinghLovCan said:
To qualify you need 3 years stay in Canada out of the 4. So if you were unemployed for 2 months... then you apply in December or January. Then you are fine !
still you have to provide 4 years of history in which the unemployment date will come into picture.
if i wait 12 +2 more months then my unemployment date will not come into picture

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
When you fill the citizenship application, you have to provide last 4 years of residence address and work details.
22ji, still it is not getting into your head. Dimaag mota hai thwada, badaam khao. 3 STAY IN CANADA OUT OF THE LAST 4 YEARs. The 1 year doesn't have to be in Canada, you can be in Punjab , no problem.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SinghLovCan said:
22ji, still it is not getting into your head. Dimaag mota hai thwada, badaam khao. 3 STAY IN CANADA OUT OF THE LAST 4 YEARs. The 1 year doesn't have to be in Canada, you can be in Punjab , no problem.
i think i need to show you something.............................. then you will understand.....................https://files.secureserver.net/0sWU4L4cjyj5RN

it clearly states to enter 4 years of residence history and work history. it means i have to mention my unemployment date range in that because it said not to leave any gaps.

Did you understand what I mean now?

the only exception is that if you get RQ then you have to provide details since you arrived in canada but when you apply for citizenship you have to provide 4 years of details inside and outside canada.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
22 ji, This is what we all are trying to make you understand. You need 3 years of residence in Canada out of 4 years. Now your worry is that you have 2 months of unemployment. So if you qualify now in October, then don't apply now. Wait for 2 months and apply in January. So if you go reverse 3 years from January 2015.... you 2 months unemployment period will be negated and wont fall within the 3 years qualifying time period. So this means you will have uninterrupted employment for the past 3 years.

You still have to list the full 4 years work history outside/inside Canada and that should not matter. They don't fall within the citizenship qualifying zone (past 3 years).

Hun thwanu samajh lagi.. ja fer Punjabi wich likha? kehray pind to aye ho?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SinghLovCan said:
22 ji, This is what we all are trying to make you understand. You need 3 years of residence in Canada out of 4 years. Now your worry is that you have 2 months of unemployment. So if you qualify now in October, then don't apply now. Wait for 2 months and apply in January. So if you go reverse 3 years from January 2015.... you 2 months unemployment period will be negated and wont fall within the 3 years qualifying time period. So this means you will have uninterrupted employment for the past 3 years.

You still have to list the full 4 years work history outside/inside Canada and that should not matter. They don't fall within the citizenship qualifying zone (past 3 years).

Hun thwanu samajh lagi.. ja fer Punjabi wich likha? kehray pind to aye ho?
i understand it totally but still i have to mention those 2 months of unemployment in the 4 year history and it may or may not trigger a RQ. if I wait couple of months, yes, i know i can satisfy the residency requirement.... however, i will still be required to mention 4 years of history and if he sees word "unemployed" which the officer will see as a RQ trigger.
by the way, i don't need to tell you where I am from...... atleast I am not from a pind.......

this is a discussion forum not a fighting zone.. we are here to address our issues not to fight on such petty issues... try to be professional and courteous...........

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Don't worry about being unemployed before, I was unemployed too when I arrived and I didn't get RQ.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
i understand it totally but still i have to mention those 2 months of unemployment in the 4 year history and it may or may not trigger a RQ. if I wait couple of months, yes, i know i can satisfy the residency requirement.... however, i will still be required to mention 4 years of history and if he sees word "unemployed" which the officer will see as a RQ trigger.
by the way, i don't need to tell you where I am from...... atleast I am not from a pind.......

this is a discussion forum not a fighting zone.. we are here to address our issues not to fight on such petty issues... try to be professional and courteous...........
No that will not be an RQ trigger & with waiting for 2 months , you pretty much have un-interrupted 3 year work history, which is what they will be looking for 1096 uninterrupted.

I am not fighting with you. Posters are trying to explain you a simple point which you are not getting it. If your still paranoid wait a couple of years.

Kitsilano

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have 7 months unemployment period when I first came to canada. No issue. Why do you guys think it's gonna be a problem?

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kitsilano said:
I have 7 months unemployment period when I first came to canada. No issue. Why do you guys think it's gonna be a problem?
Did you receive citizenship? Did you receive RQ? I think this forum is full of people with negative experiences.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SinghLovCan said:
No that will not be an RQ trigger & with waiting for 2 months , you pretty much have un-interrupted 3 year work history, which is what they will be looking for 1096 uninterrupted.

I am not fighting with you. Posters are trying to explain you a simple point which you are not getting it. If your still paranoid wait a couple of years.
I have almost 45 days of vacation outside canada while employed so shall i give additional 45 days + 2 months?

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I have almost 45 days of vacation outside canada while employed so shall i give additional 45 days + 2 months?
Depends, Can you elaborate more. When did you land and when was the 45 days vacation taken. Let me explain my case to you. When I landed, I first stayed with my brother for 2 months and was unemployed for only the first two weeks, after 2 months I rented my own apartment had a lease on my name. Now I am planning to delay applying for citizenship by 2 months, so in this way the unemployed period of 2 weeks and staying with my brother will not fall in the past 3 years qualifying picture. I will still have to list.

I do know by reading on this forum that people who leave Canada within the last 3 years of applying, do definitely get a RQ trigger, some might be lucky, some not. So if you left for 45 days in the very early part of your post-landing time, then add the 45 days .. so that the vacation doesnt fall in the last 3 years. Otherwise there is not much you can do about it. Good Luck !

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SinghLovCan said:
Depends, Can you elaborate more. When did you land and when was the 45 days vacation taken. Let me explain my case to you. When I landed, I first stayed with my brother for 2 months and was unemployed for only the first two weeks, after 2 months I rented my own apartment had a lease on my name. Now I am planning to delay applying for citizenship by 2 months, so in this way the unemployed period of 2 weeks and staying with my brother will not fall in the past 3 years qualifying picture. I will still have to list.

I do know by reading on this forum that people who leave Canada within the last 3 years of applying, do definitely get a RQ trigger, some might be lucky, some not. So if you left for 45 days in the very early part of your post-landing time, then add the 45 days .. so that the vacation doesnt fall in the last 3 years. Otherwise there is not much you can do about it. Good Luck !

I landed October 2011, got job in end of Dec 2011. I stayed at my wife's house for almost 8 months. the 8 months proof is that I have my bank and credit card statements to show.
In total absences for vacation outside canada was 37 days (first trip was after 1 year after i landed). I am eligible to apply for citizenship soon.
so you are saying that spend 2 more months extra and then apply (as i was unemployed for 2 months).
I would have been eligible in October 2014 but as I was 37 days away, i could not meet 1095 days requirement thus if i apply at end of nov 2014, i will be eligible.
What do you suggest?