+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is next? Initial Assessment?

Stacey

May 21, 2010
Hi,
What will happen next after you receive the AOR, request for additional documents and sent them to visa office? Do they send you the Initial assessment? Does anyone have an experience when the visa office asked for additional documents (written explanation about the previous marriage and so on)? Does these things delay the whole process dramatically?
Please share your experience, it's VERYYYYYYYYYY difficult to wait and be in a dark spot without knowing what is going on.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Join the club - most of us wait in a "dark spot" without knowing what is going on. You're in good company.

What happens next depends a lot of which embassy is processing your application. Hopefully you included everything with your application that they'll need to assess it, because having to ask you to send additional information/documents does delay processing to some extent. The first thing that happens is that the sponsor receives a decision letter on their eligibility to sponsor. If they're approved, CPC-M will send the application on to the visa office. Some (but not all) visa offices send an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter to the applicant when they receive the application - the AOR includes the application file number. Some offices (but not all) also send an Initial Assessment letter - it's usually to notify the applicant that the "initial assessment" has been completed and that additional info/documents either are or are not required and that an interview will/won't be necessary. After that, you don't hear much (if anything) until the decision letter. The initial assessment pretty much identifies any "issues", or anything that's missing, and once you respond to that - if a response is even requested - there isn't any more interaction between sponsor/applicant/visa office.

Stacey

May 21, 2010
Thank you, RobsLuv very much for your clear and full explanation. The visa office asked us for the additional info for my husband's previous marrige we sent it 2 weeks ago and now just waiting.
Thanks you again.

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
Hi. May I ask what sort of info they asked for, relating to previous marriage?
Thanks!

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
RobsLuv - is Buffalo one of the visa offices that sends the AOR and/or Initial Assessment? I will be mailing my application in a couple weeks.

Stacey

May 21, 2010
Hi. May I ask what sort of info they asked for, relating to previous marriage?
Thanks!

They asked to provide info about my husband ex-wife, and her relatives (mother, father, siblings, ant/aunt), their full last & first names, DOB and explanation why they got divorce. An additional they asked whom my husband knows in Canada.
Not sure why they need such info, our lawyer mentioned to us, probably they want to enter this info into the system to make sure that these people will not come to Canada through my husband in the future.

rrdiggy76

Star Member
Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
They asked to provide info about my husband ex-wife, and her relatives (mother, father, siblings, ant/aunt), their full last & first names, DOB and explanation why they got divorce.
Wow, i never knew this information was required! :(

I was previously married (and now remarried). I just put on the forms the details of my ex-wife, her DOB and the dates of our relationship along with the divorce decree!

I have no idea where i'll get the DOB of her family, i struggled to remember just my ex-wife's!

jillandmat

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Costa Azul
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2010
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
File Transfer...
22/06/2010
Med's Done....
05/07/2010
search it online... everything can be found online..
i haven't spoken to my father in like 15 years.. did a quick google search.. found his address etc...

also imsure ppl have done some type of family tree thing.. its possible to find that info...

google is your friend amigo!

rrdiggy76

Star Member
Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
Sorry to hijack the thread, but in addition to Stacey's information on having to provide further details of her husbands previous marriage, i don't recall any forms wanting any information other than the ex-spouse's name, DOB duration of marriage and divorce papers.

If the information is needed for processing of the application, why don't they just ask for it in the application if applicable to save on processing times?

I'll be annoyed if my application is delayed for this reason, when i could have provided the information up front if it had been mentioned in the application!!!! (unless, of course, i overlooked it :()

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
In my sponsorship approval it states that my spouse has been 'found to meet minimum requirements for completeness under the Immigration Act.' It also states that POS may request additional documents & information BUT does not mention an interview.

We are still prepared & anxiously waiting. . . . ???