+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is meant by continuous work experience ?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Please asses my situation . I am currently working as a front end dev as a contractor in a pretty big company in Texas.
I have been on the same position for around a year and half and still there currently .
But, I have changed my contracting firm. There was no breaks in my employment at the client, just contracting agency switch. Same position though at the client. Does this still qualify as continuous employment? I have client letter for two years which I used for applying my h1 this year and last year.
As per CIC website, 12 months of continuous experience with one employer in last 10 years. Now, in your case, if the Employer name on Salary slip and Offer/Appointment/Contract letter remains same for 12 months, you are good to go.

moak091

May 25, 2018
As per CIC website, 12 months of continuous experience with one employer in last 10 years. Now, in your case, if the Employer name on Salary slip and Offer/Appointment/Contract letter remains same for 12 months, you are good to go.
Let me explain it a little further.
I've been working with Client A. But changed my employers .
Client A - employer A - 6 months.
Client A - employer B - 6 months.
Client A - employer C - 6 months.

I worked on the same position with the same team.. Just my employers changed that is on whose payroll I am changed.

Now for these employers there was a vendor in between. So I have letters for both the vendor and client from this year and last year that I've worked with them on a project named 'xyz' fron the past months.

ggeet

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012

I worked on the same position with the same team.. Just my employers changed that is on whose payroll I am changed.

Now for these employers there was a vendor in between. So I have letters for both the vendor and client from this year and last year that I've worked with them on a project named 'xyz' fron the past months.
1 year continuous experience can be in different jobs and even different NOC, please be informed
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2010/173-january-8-2010.html

ggeet

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
Not correct, it can be different employers and even with different NOC.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2010/173-january-8-2010.html

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It can certainly be with a different employer but it does have to be in the applicants' primary NOC. You're looking at an expired bulletin.

"The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 [R75(2)(a)]."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html

Reactions: stn0213

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Incorrect. You are reading an old archive.

Please read following prerequisites. It clearly mentions about 12 months of continuous job. Sometimes, during changing jobs, people do not get salary stubs or gets a difference of some days from resignation and joining a new company, which are not accounted continuous. Thus, 12 months of continuous job in a single company under one NOC rules out all possibilities of rejection.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

Reactions: stn0213

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

The best possibility is, if your NOC code was same throughout 18 months, then get reference letters from all three employers and mention in your LOE.

ggeet

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
It can certainly be with a different employer but it does have to be in the applicants' primary NOC. You're looking at an expired bulletin.

"The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 [R75(2)(a)]."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html
Oops! thanks for clarifying

tam_garg

Jul 1, 2018
following is my list of activities performed on the job
· Completion of project /layout engineering in thermal power plant

· Design calculation/ analysis/ documentation

· Development of e-learning modules for training and easy learning of new engineers

· Software programming for automation of design calculations and work supplication

· Study of new technology for implementation in power plant/no of documents generated by state-of-the-art technology scanning

· Release of technical recommendation

· Bench marking / feasibility study /forecasting / technology scanning

· Technical articles published in in-house newsletter

· Coordination

· Quality

· Market research on new business areas

Can you help me find correct NOC for the same.As per my understanding it should be 2141 or 2133. Can I use both?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
following is my list of activities performed on the job
· Completion of project /layout engineering in thermal power plant

· Design calculation/ analysis/ documentation

· Development of e-learning modules for training and easy learning of new engineers

· Software programming for automation of design calculations and work supplication

· Study of new technology for implementation in power plant/no of documents generated by state-of-the-art technology scanning

· Release of technical recommendation

· Bench marking / feasibility study /forecasting / technology scanning

· Technical articles published in in-house newsletter

· Coordination

· Quality

· Market research on new business areas

Can you help me find correct NOC for the same.As per my understanding it should be 2141 or 2133. Can I use both?
choose the one that matches the most out of the list of duties

tam_garg

Jul 1, 2018
choose the one that matches the most out of the list of duties
thank you for the prompt reply. Sorry for the other mistake. I am new to the website know hows.

Only 4 duties out of 13 match the main duties list in 2141. Is this good enough to qualify under this code? I do not want to be disqualified for misrepresentation.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
thank you for the prompt reply. Sorry for the other mistake. I am new to the website know hows.

Only 4 duties out of 13 match the main duties list in 2141. Is this good enough to qualify under this code? I do not want to be disqualified for misrepresentation.
target 60% try looking for something else that matches you more. never heard of secondary NOC

tam_garg

Jul 1, 2018
target 60% try looking for something else that matches you more. never heard of secondary NOC
This is the maximum i could match with any noc. Should i not apply with just 30% match..there are several NOCs that we can claim in work experience. One is primary anf others are secondary

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
This is the maximum i could match with any noc. Should i not apply with just 30% match..there are several NOCs that we can claim in work experience. One is primary anf others are secondary
Is that secondary NOC a new thing?