+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is meant by continuous work experience ?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Each time for 10 months.

Thank you. Where can I find it? I am very new here
I might be quoting the wrong nice number, it might be 4071. I will try to look for it if I can and post it here. Else you can search this forum for it.

joynair

May 5, 2019
hello everyone,

I just submitted my express entry profile and I have got 494 points.
some concerns about the points I have been given are as follows:
- In the work experience section since I have worked at 3 different restaurants, I have mentioned all 3 of them. But I had a gap of around 3 months because of the 1st place I worked closed down. I could only find a part-time for 3 weeks in which I worked a total of 76 Hours.
- After this, I had to go to India to get my documents to start my PR process (WES, Previous job letter etc). So that gave a gap between my 2nd and 3rd job. All the jobs are in the same NOC(B) and the same title.
- When I uploaded all of the information on CIC to open my profile. I have received 1 Year work in Canda points 40 which brings me in the pool.

What I need clarification on is, do I accept the ITA if I get it in the next round of invitations and give a covering letter stating the closing of the 1st restaurant and going to India for accumulating documents?
OR
Should I completely take off the Canadian Experience and just apply under Federal Skilled Worker?
I will mention the dates of my work below to make it easy to understand.

May 2018-November 2018 1st Job Full time (minimum 30hrs)
Dec 2018- Dec 2018 2nd Job Part-time ( total 76hrs)
Jan 2019- March 2019 (Break)
March 2019 - Present day 3rd job Full time (minimum 30hrs)

Why should CIC give me 1 year Canadian Work Ex points if they are going to eventually reject my application because of the break?

Has anyone come across this? If yes, please do let me know.

My work permit is expiring on July 15, 2019. So I need the ITA as soon as possible to apply for bridge visa to continue working while the PR process completes.

Thank you in advance.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
hello everyone,

I just submitted my express entry profile and I have got 494 points.
some concerns about the points I have been given are as follows:
- In the work experience section since I have worked at 3 different restaurants, I have mentioned all 3 of them. But I had a gap of around 3 months because of the 1st place I worked closed down. I could only find a part-time for 3 weeks in which I worked a total of 76 Hours.
- After this, I had to go to India to get my documents to start my PR process (WES, Previous job letter etc). So that gave a gap between my 2nd and 3rd job. All the jobs are in the same NOC(B) and the same title.
- When I uploaded all of the information on CIC to open my profile. I have received 1 Year work in Canda points 40 which brings me in the pool.

What I need clarification on is, do I accept the ITA if I get it in the next round of invitations and give a covering letter stating the closing of the 1st restaurant and going to India for accumulating documents?
OR
Should I completely take off the Canadian Experience and just apply under Federal Skilled Worker?
I will mention the dates of my work below to make it easy to understand.

May 2018-November 2018 1st Job Full time (minimum 30hrs)
Dec 2018- Dec 2018 2nd Job Part-time ( total 76hrs)
Jan 2019- March 2019 (Break)
March 2019 - Present day 3rd job Full time (minimum 30hrs)

Why should CIC give me 1 year Canadian Work Ex points if they are going to eventually reject my application because of the break?

Has anyone come across this? If yes, please do let me know.

My work permit is expiring on July 15, 2019. So I need the ITA as soon as possible to apply for bridge visa to continue working while the PR process completes.

Thank you in advance.
U haven’t properly elaborated.
What makes u think u can apply for FSW? Do u have prior work experience in India before coming to Canada? If yes thn how much?
For Canadian experience class work doesn’t have to be continuous. U can accumulate bits and pieces and add them together as long as u have 52 weeks and 1560 hours in total experience

joynair

May 5, 2019
U haven’t properly elaborated.
What makes u think u can apply for FSW? Do u have prior work experience in India before coming to Canada? If yes thn how much?
For Canadian experience class work doesn’t have to be continuous. U can accumulate bits and pieces and add them together as long as u have 52 weeks and 1560 hours in total experience
I have 1 year of work from back in India. So I am going to show that as well. Problem is with 3 months lost. I can not make up the 12 weeks gone. 52 weeks means full 12months of work. Even if I work till the last day of my post graduate work permit (1 year) which is 15th. July. I will still have some weeks lost because of part time in December as I mentioned.

Please ask for more details of you need any to make my doubt clearer.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
I have 1 year of work from back in India. So I am going to show that as well. Problem is with 3 months lost. I can not make up the 12 weeks gone. 52 weeks means full 12months of work. Even if I work till the last day of my post graduate work permit (1 year) which is 15th. July. I will still have some weeks lost because of part time in December as I mentioned.

Please ask for more details of you need any to make my doubt clearer.
U need to tell the total numbers of week u have accumulated so far, the number of hours and by the time your work permit expires how many hours and weeks I would have accumulated??

joynair

May 5, 2019
U need to tell the total numbers of week u have accumulated so far, the number of hours and by the time your work permit expires how many hours and weeks I would have accumulated??
I have more than 1600 hours of work already. Hours is not the problem. Number of weeks is the problem. And 12 weeks I lost because of no job. When I my work permit expires on if only count months and not exact dates I would have exactly 52 weeks of work( if exact date then 48)

joynair

May 5, 2019
I have more than 1600 hours of work already. Hours is not the problem. Number of weeks is the problem. And 12 weeks I lost because of no job. When I my work permit expires on if only count months and not exact dates I would have exactly 52 weeks of work( if exact date then 48)
My question is Why has the system accepted my work exp if it doesn't meet the said criteria?

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Yes cic goes by dates

vish2323

Dec 25, 2019
Hi,

I worked for one year( June 2015- June 16)(12 months)(purchasing agent/executive)
Then pursued my MBA (June 2016-April 2018)
And working since then ( June 2018-present)(18 months)(supply chain consultant)

Q1. Does qualifydas continuous and in one occupation? For express entry.
Will it be considered 30 months or 18 months?

JaaKaaa

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Hi,

I worked for one year( June 2015- June 16)(12 months)(purchasing agent/executive)
Then pursued my MBA (June 2016-April 2018)
And working since then ( June 2018-present)(18 months)(supply chain consultant)

Q1. Does qualifydas continuous and in one occupation? For express entry.
Will it be considered 30 months or 18 months?
You have to have at least 1 period which is +1 year. Your first period might be questionable (1 day short can cause trouble) but you current is enough for eligibility.
Whether you have 30 months in total or not is not the question of time but NOC. If both jobs fall under the same NOC, meaning you had the same duties, you can count 30 months. Otherwise, pursue points only for second job and mention first one under Personal History once you receive ITA.

Reactions: vish2323

matt2232

Nov 2, 2020
You have to have at least 1 period which is +1 year. Your first period might be questionable (1 day short can cause trouble) but you current is enough for eligibility.
Whether you have 30 months in total or not is not the question of time but NOC. If both jobs fall under the same NOC, meaning you had the same duties, you can count 30 months. Otherwise, pursue points only for second job and mention first one under Personal History once you receive ITA.
can you define no gaps? if you left a job in 10 months on friday and started another on monday, would that be counted as a gap?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
can you define no gaps? if you left a job in 10 months on friday and started another on monday, would that be counted as a gap?
No - one weekend is not a gap. It's continuous for the purposes of FSW provided both jobs were the same NOC.