+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is meant by continuous work experience ?

tam_garg

Jul 1, 2018
Careful, it's a row per work experience. Of.you add two lines for the same job with different NOCs it will double your time worked there.
This information is actually useful. you saved me.
I d be grateful if you could answer my original question..What percentage of duties is enough not to get disqualified?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
This information is actually useful. you saved me.
I d be grateful if you could answer my original question..What percentage of duties is enough not to get disqualified?
I dont know. There are no fixed numbers. As i said personally 30% is too little. The final choice and decisions are yours

Prodrus

Aug 21, 2018
I have a question about this as well.
I worked from March 2013 - February 2014 in Canada and then I had to leave Canada to get another Visa and came back to work from April 2014 - February 2015. I worked over 3500 hours during this time. Will this not count as 1 continous year? It was with the same company under the same NOC...
Can someone please help me here? I also read experience in Canada doesn't have to be continuous, is that true?

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
Hi everyone. I have a question and I read this thread completely, but it is still not clear.

If the job is part time continuous under the same NOC with the same employer, but the job title changes during that time frame, would that count as continuous job experience?

I have a friend who lives in the US and has been a TA or RA since August 2014. Code 4012.
He worked for 20 hrs per week. However, his job title has been changing from TA to RA every year. There is no gap and they are all under the same NOC and with the same supervisor, but they just changed his contract every year. Since he has been working part-time, would that be considered a continuous job even though his title changed?

Also his title in HR system is Graduate research Assistant and Graduate Teaching Assistant which are different from the list of the titles under that NOC. Can he write his actual titles? or should the titles be exactly similar to the ones on NOC website?

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
Hi everyone. I have a question and I read this thread completely, but it is still not clear.

If the job is part time continuous under the same NOC with the same employer, but the job title changes during that time frame, would that count as continuous job experience?

I have a friend who lives in the US and has been a TA or RA since August 2014. Code 4012.
He worked for 20 hrs per week. However, his job title has been changing from TA to RA every year. There is no gap and they are all under the same NOC and with the same supervisor, but they just changed his contract every year. Since he has been working part-time, would that be considered a continuous job even though his title changed?

Also his title in HR system is Graduate research Assistant and Graduate Teaching Assistant which are different from the list of the titles under that NOC. Can he write his actual titles? or should the titles be exactly similar to the ones on NOC website?
Wow! Nobody is active in this forum?

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other

If he has work like this for 1.5 years then he is eligible under EE-FSW proGram provided he obtains 67 points at least on 100 points scale of FSW

Ally56

Jan 20, 2019
Hi everyone! Can someone advise me please.
I have 2 years and 8 months continuous work experience under the same NOC. Will the system count it as 2 years of experience or 3 years? Coz the difference in points is huge....

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi everyone! Can someone advise me please.
I have 2 years and 8 months continuous work experience under the same NOC. Will the system count it as 2 years of experience or 3 years? Coz the difference in points is huge....
yes, it is. I believe the system counts it as 2 but I am basing it on my reading of people's experiences. I don't have a 100% answer but i believe it doesn't count as 3 unless you are very close to 3 years (let's say 1 or 2 weeks less than 3 years)

Ally56

Jan 20, 2019
yes, it is. I believe the system counts it as 3 but I am basing it on my reading of people's experiences. I don't have a 100% answer but i believe it doesn't count as 3 unless you are very close to 3 years (let's say 1 or 2 weeks less than 3 years)
Oh i see... thank you for your reply!

srikanthnp86

Apr 29, 2019
Can we write only half of the experience in PR application . I do have 10 years , last 5 years I work in same company. It helps me.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
yes, you can write only 5 years if you want to. In fact the maximum points that you will get will be for 3 years.

Hamedca

May 4, 2019
Hello,

I hope you are doing well.
Originally from Iran, I have more than three years part-time (13 h per week) work experience as a university instructor in the USA.
However not over the summers. It was from the Fall to the end of the Spring.
Am I eligible to apply for immigration to Canada?
Thank you

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Hello,

Originally from Iran, I have more than three years part-time (13 h per week) work experience as a university instructor in the USA.
Thank you
Were u paid during the summer? If not, then no

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello,

Thank you
I think you might be eligible. There is a thread on the forum with NOC 4171. It is on teaching assistants and similar professions. It tackles thos question, take a look.