+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what if married in the middle of PR process!!

Prabhpahul singh

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
How long it takes to IRCC to reply to webform. I told them about the change in the status on December 3. Got a revert that they have forwarded my request to respective department. But since then, I haven't got any instructions or steps to be taken. Should I submit the documents or wait for them to reply?

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
How long it takes to IRCC to reply to webform. I told them about the change in the status on December 3. Got a revert that they have forwarded my request to respective department. But since then, I haven't got any instructions or steps to be taken. Should I submit the documents or wait for them to reply?
Yeah. It's taking more than 1 month. I got after 40 days.

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
If you are getting married after AOR date then CRS points are not recalculated. On the other hand if you were married before AOR and adding spouse after AOR then it's misrepresentation and they can reject the application.

Adding your spouse will impact the processing of your application as your spouse needs to complete medical and security even if he/she is not accompanying. You can inform IRCC about the marital status and they will share the application forms and the required document list. But for faster processing you can get all the docs ready in advance and once you have the marriage certificate in hand submit everything right away.

These are the docs requested from me, make sure that you fill in the latest version of the form.
Upfront medical was not requested by them, but you can still do an upfront and in most cases they approve it. Doing medical upfront will save 4-6 weeks time.

Expect delays anywhere from 2 months to 1 year on the application.
Hi.
I have some questions here,
In Imm0008, i am not able to add signature digitally, therefore, Is it okay to print, sign by hand and scan and upload back???

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi.
I have some questions here,
In Imm0008, i am not able to add signature digitally, therefore, Is it okay to print, sign by hand and scan and upload back???
Yes, since these are not submitted electronically you need to sign it by hand and scan and upload.

Prabhpahul singh

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
While paying the fees for spouse, should we add biometrics fees to it as well.?
I think biometric are closed for express entry applicants in India. Wouldn't it further delay the application.?

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
There is no if, you should, you must inform IRCC about this. They will ask you this before you complete you landing and if you delay this, you will just earn yourself further delays.

Submit a webform and inform IRCC about the details of your change in marital status. Also do let them know if you are planning on adding your spouse to your application.

The will get back to you shortly and provide details and what documentation you need to submit.

A quick heads-up, your spouse will have to complete a medical and security clearance regardless of whether he\she is accompanying you.
Hi,
I have one question, after including Spouse application and in case if there is any issue in the spousal, will it cause issue for both of us or just only spouse?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi,
I have one question, after including Spouse application and in case if there is any issue in the spousal, will it cause issue for both of us or just only spouse?
I am not sure if I understand what you meant correctly.

If your spouse is deemed inadmissible, that would consequently deem you inadmissible as well. Does your spouse have any serious medical condition or has even been convicted of a crime that would make him/her inadmissible? If so you should be concerned, if not, then don't worry too much.

Reasons you may be inadmissible to Canada - Canada.ca

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
While paying the fees for spouse, should we add biometrics fees to it as well.?
I think biometric are closed for express entry applicants in India. Wouldn't it further delay the application.?
You should pay them, or pay them when biometrics are requested. The latter will delay your application, it is always a better idea to make all payment upfront and submit stuff that you will need upfront as well rather than waiting for them to request it.

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
I am not sure if I understand what you meant correctly.

If your spouse is deemed inadmissible, that would consequently deem you inadmissible as well. Does your spouse have any serious medical condition or has even been convicted of a crime that would make him/her inadmissible? If so you should be concerned, if not, then don't worry too much.

Reasons you may be inadmissible to Canada - Canada.ca
Alright.Nothing serious ! just asking.

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
If you are getting married after AOR date then CRS points are not recalculated. On the other hand if you were married before AOR and adding spouse after AOR then it's misrepresentation and they can reject the application.

Adding your spouse will impact the processing of your application as your spouse needs to complete medical and security even if he/she is not accompanying. You can inform IRCC about the marital status and they will share the application forms and the required document list. But for faster processing you can get all the docs ready in advance and once you have the marriage certificate in hand submit everything right away.

These are the docs requested from me, make sure that you fill in the latest version of the form.
Upfront medical was not requested by them, but you can still do an upfront and in most cases they approve it. Doing medical upfront will save 4-6 weeks time.

Expect delays anywhere from 2 months to 1 year on the application.
Hi, One question pls
Is it possible to remove the spousal application from my application after applying? if my spouse wanted to continue to study in my home country & she cannot come for next 2-3 years. Thanks

Last edited:

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi, One question pls
Is it possible to remove the spousal application from my application after applying? if my spouse wanted to continue to study in my home country & she cannot come for next 2-3 years. Thanks
Since you have posted on this thread I assume you got married after AOR. Whether your spouse is accompanying or non accompanying you still have to submit all the docs since your martial status was changed. So why you want to change it, changing it doesn't guarantee a faster processing as far as I have seen in other posts.

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Since you have posted on this thread I assume you got married after AOR. Whether your spouse is accompanying or non accompanying you still have to submit all the docs since your martial status was changed. So why you want to change it, changing it doesn't guarantee a faster processing as far as I have seen in other posts.
I see. hmm, I thought it would be faster..