+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what if married in the middle of PR process!!

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
If you have already submitted your e-APR and you were not previously living together for one year on the day you received your ITA, you can simply add her documents.

Reactions: goudam

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
If you have already submitted your e-APR and you were not previously living together for one year on the day you received your ITA, you can simply add her documents.
Thanks for the response. :)
Hi here's my status,
I received ITA on Feb 14,2020 and applied on Feb 29,2020. I thought that I will receive my PR before July. However, Due to lockdown, its in progress still.
I am getting married by Nov 25th, 2020. If i get PR after my wedding, then i will inform CIC about this. Now, my question is, will my score gets recalculated??? or only they're gonna assess my spouse ?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Again, this is the way it works:

1. If you were already common-law partners (living together for at least one year) on or before February 29, you must add her now and your score will be recalculated. If it falls below the cutoff in your round your application will be refused and you will be assessed for misrepresentation.

2. If you get married or reach one year of living together after February 29, but before you become a PR, you can simply add her documents. There is no score change.

3. If you become a PR before getting married or reaching one year of living together, you can sponsor her.

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Again, this is the way it works:

1. If you were already common-law partners (living together for at least one year) on or before February 29, you must add her now and your score will be recalculated. If it falls below the cutoff in your round your application will be refused and you will be assessed for misrepresentation.

2. If you get married or reach one year of living together after February 29, but before you become a PR, you can simply add her documents. There is no score change.

3. If you become a PR before getting married or reaching one year of living together, you can sponsor her.
Thanks a bunch for the clarification and I am totally clear now. Much appreciated :). no-2 works for me .

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
]

Hi thanks for the info. I want my spouse to accompany me. In this case, will they recalculate my CRS score or I will just have to add my spouse documents ( medical, Security and marriage certificate) without having to recalculate CRS but, just adding those docs. Thanks :)
No, CRS will not be recalculated if you married after AOR. Hence no need to submit any documents related to language, education or work experience for your spouse.

Medicals and PCC are needed though.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Just be careful that you are not misrepresenting your marital or common-law status at any point, as it could prevent both of you from becoming PRs.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Just be careful that you are not misrepresenting your marital or common-law status at any point, as it could prevent both of you from becoming PRs.
I don't get why you are bringing this up so many times.

Yes, of course if someone has been in a common-law relationship before getting married, they were to have declared this at the time of application. However, this person has not indicated this at any moment so it should be safe to assume that is not his case.

Still, if that were the case, it is the onus of the applicant to prove a common-law relationship, not the other way around. In some cases where this is the case. it could even be impossible for some people to come up with the needed documentation simply because it is not available.

Also. if one were to want to not-disclose this, the odds of getting caught (unless you are silly enough to list the same address in your address history for example), are almost null. NOT THAT I AM ENCOURAGING anyone to be dishonest, but in reality, it is very unlikely anyone could ever be found to have hidden a CL relationship just by the simply nature of it. Still yes, the best advise is to always be honest.

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
If you are getting married after AOR date then CRS points are not recalculated. On the other hand if you were married before AOR and adding spouse after AOR then it's misrepresentation and they can reject the application.

Adding your spouse will impact the processing of your application as your spouse needs to complete medical and security even if he/she is not accompanying. You can inform IRCC about the marital status and they will share the application forms and the required document list. But for faster processing you can get all the docs ready in advance and once you have the marriage certificate in hand submit everything right away.

These are the docs requested from me, make sure that you fill in the latest version of the form.
Upfront medical was not requested by them, but you can still do an upfront and in most cases they approve it. Doing medical upfront will save 4-6 weeks time.

Expect delays anywhere from 2 months to 1 year on the application.
Hello,
Now i have got the same email from CIC, however, I got "
"we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect".

is that means, i just have to upload and send those documents through webform or what is it(send another written request through web form and upload using gckey login)? please advice :) thanks

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, you can attach the docs via a webform. Just keep in mind the size limit, you may have to do it with multiple webforms.
Thanks. Can i send all the docs with One Webform? Just upload all the docs and send? Plus. we also need a proof of payment ryt?

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Thanks. Can i send all the docs with One Webform? Just upload all the docs and send? Plus. we also need a proof of payment ryt?
Best to split it as multiple webforms, compressing the PDF forms too small would make them difficult to read.
Yes, attaching the proof of payment speed up the process.