+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens if we miss sending passport after PPR request

amitojkharoud13

Jan 23, 2019
What happened in your case? Did they send you fresh mail? I am in a similar situation now, that I still have not received any mail from them yet but the cic agent told me they have sent ppr request on April 20th itself. Please let me know.
Same here, did not receive any email, but they say that they sent on 9jan

ShreeS

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Hi..
I too had a similar situation.. mail rcvd on 25th july saw on 19 september.. missed by 20 days..
I replied on the email stating the reason n immediately same day went to the vfs center and submitted the pp.
On 15 oct i had my pp stamped and retrnd to me.
At vfs they asked me to wait for confirmation frm if they can accept the pp due to delay.. i insisted to wait there untill end of day incase reply comes.. they said it may take 3 days i said id wait today atleast untill end of day n if no reply il retrn aftr 3 days. In an hour they asked me for my pp.. sayin they got confirmation to accept it.
So go ahead. All the best..
I missed my PPR email around 40 days :(
I saw it today, how should I reply to this email in convincing way? I am residing in USA and need to mail Passport and Photos. Please suggest how you replied to that email and what was the reponse email from them?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

ShreeS

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
In a similar situation, but i have missed the deadline by more than 40 days now. I have to submit to Delhi, but i am planning to visit chennai. What should i do? should i go directly to vfs , or should i email canada asking for a re-sending of the email.?
I am in same situation around 40 days missed email in junk. What you did after that? did you ask them to resend email or they accepted that delay?

ShreeS

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Itl be accepted. We missed ours by 25 days. The mail was in on 25 July and we saw it only on 19th September. That very day we sent our passports and explained the delay on mail. by 19th oct we had our pp stamped. So not to worry.
@Curiousimmigrant how you explained the delay reason in mail? can you please give me the sample template? I am in same situation missed email by 40 days :(