+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens after PR Application?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi There,

What happens after a PR application via Express Entry?

I understand that on receiving an ITA, I have 60 days to get my medicals done and submit my application online (e-APR) with all the necessary supporting documents. I understand that within a few minutes to days, I can expect to receive an Application of Receipt (AOR).

But what happens after this?
1. At what stage in the process could there be an interview?
2. Will biometrics (fingerprints) be collected at any point?
3. When my application is approved- will I be have to book an appointment at the local Canadian Consulate in my country of residence, or would I need to send my passport to Canada for stamping and getting CoPR

4. If I have to travel (4+ months) after my PR application, would I need to update my residence to that country whilst my application is pending- so that in case there is an interview requirement, or if approval comes early- I can get it done in that country itself?

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
johnjkjk said:
Hi There,

What happens after a PR application via Express Entry?

I understand that on receiving an ITA, I have 60 days to get my medicals done and submit my application online (e-APR) with all the necessary supporting documents. I understand that within a few minutes to days, I can expect to receive an Application of Receipt (AOR).

But what happens after this?
1. At what stage in the process could there be an interview?
2. Will biometrics (fingerprints) be collected at any point?
3. When my application is approved- will I be have to book an appointment at the local Canadian Consulate in my country of residence, or would I need to send my passport to Canada for stamping and getting CoPR

4. If I have to travel (4+ months) after my PR application, would I need to update my residence to that country whilst my application is pending- so that in case there is an interview requirement, or if approval comes early- I can get it done in that country itself?
1. Not very common for EE, unless they suspect/confused with some facts and want to sort them out.
2. I do not think so , at least not in my case.
3. Send your passport to the Canadian High commission for Visa Stamp and/or issuance of COPR.
4. If you are moving to some where else then you need to update your mailing and contact information, if it is a short and temporary visit then no need.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
MrTee said:
1. Not very common for EE, unless they suspect/confused with some facts and want to sort them out.
2. I do not think so , at least not in my case.
3. Send your passport to the Canadian High commission for Visa Stamp and/or issuance of COPR.
4. If you are moving to some where else then you need to update your mailing and contact information, if it is a short and temporary visit then no need.
Thanks for replying. So I'll need to send my passport to a specific named Canadian High Commission in my country of residence?

Although a temporary visit- it won't be short (possibly 4-6 months). Should I only worry in case I'm contacted, or update my address straight away? If needed, would I be able to send my passport to the local Canadian High Commission in this other country, for stamping?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
johnjkjk said:
Thanks for replying. So I'll need to send my passport to a specific named Canadian High Commission in my country of residence?

Although a temporary visit- it won't be short (possibly 4-6 months). Should I only worry in case I'm contacted, or update my address straight away? If needed, would I be able to send my passport to the local Canadian High Commission in this other country, for stamping?
IMO, you should just worry about it when the PPR comes. You're not even sure how long you'll be staying in that country, and there's no sure time either when you'll get your PPR.

If you happen to get it while you're in that country, then just contact your processing VO and mention you're currently in this X and X country for business for at least 1 month, and if you can submit it in the VFS/local embassy there.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
bellaluna said:
IMO, you should just worry about it when the PPR comes. You're not even sure how long you'll be staying in that country, and there's no sure time either when you'll get your PPR.

If you happen to get it while you're in that country, then just contact your processing VO and mention you're currently in this X and X country for business for at least 1 month, and if you can submit it in the VFS/local embassy there.
Thanks that makes sense. Is my VO the local Canadian consulate?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
After ITA and before PR, What happens if EE profile become ineligible due to 1 year limit?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
bestofluck said:
After ITA and before PR, What happens if EE profile become ineligible due to 1 year limit?
Nothing. The point of the EE profile is to get an ITA. Once you get an ITA, the EE profile has served its purpose, the status changes to "Invitation Received" and is archived.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
bellaluna said:
Nothing. The point of the EE profile is to get an ITA. Once you get an ITA, the EE profile has served its purpose, the status changes to "Invitation Received" and is archived.
But we still get messages in MYCIC even if it is over 1 year?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
bestofluck said:
But we still get messages in MYCIC even if it is over 1 year?
If you have an application in progress, like PR, TRV, IEC, study or work permit.

An ineligible EE profile does not nullify the entire MyCIC account if that's what you're asking.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
bellaluna said:
If you have an application in progress, like PR, TRV, IEC, study or work permit.

An ineligible EE profile does not nullify the entire MyCIC account if that's what you're asking.
That was fine. Thanks