+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does this message mean?

nitup

Nov 10, 2012
Hi...
We have applied for a visitor visa for my mom in law and sister in law on April 9. Today this message appears when we track the item online:

Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office NEW DELHI, on 24/04/2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre and is ready for collection. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

Any idea what this means? We will have to wait until Monday to pick up the passports but we are anxious to know what it means.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

It means that a decision has been made on your mom-in-law's and sister-in-law's visa applications.... and the processed passports have been returned to VFS.

If you had paid for courier service ie for the passports to be couriered to your residence then you can expect courier delivery by Blue Dart tomorrow (Saturday).... if you had opted to collect the passports yourselves then you can pick it up from VFS on Monday

All the best

nitup

Nov 10, 2012
So it doesn't necessarily mean that it's an approval of visa? When they use the word processed in front of passports, that doesn't mean that that the visa has been processed?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
'Processed passport' is a standard term.... it simply means the visa application process has been completed and the passport is being returned..... please don't try to read too much into the wordings.... I can understand your anxiety.

Have you paid for courier service? Then it's a matter of about 12-16 hours before you get the passports back.... else, you'll have to wait until Monday morning to collect it

You can refer to www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/india/contact_us.html.... for passport collection times

If it helps, the email/messages for visas processed by other countries (VFS as the service provider) have similar/exactly the same wordings

Don't worry

nitup

Nov 10, 2012
Hi bryanna

Thank you for replying.
No my family did not pay for the courier. They will go and collect the passports on Monday.

I wish the tracking system would provide a little more information. It's not very good at tracking the updates on the application, just the progress of it.

So as far as you think, it's a 50/50 still? That message has no inclination of approval or refusal one way or another?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
nitup said:
I wish the tracking system would provide a little more information. It's not very good at tracking the updates on the application, just the progress of it.

So as far as you think, it's a 50/50 still? That message has no inclination of approval or refusal one way or another?
It is stressful when one applies for visas and gets these messages.... much as we wish the visa office (of any country) would not put us through this suspense and nail biting stress.... or the tracking system would provide hints whether the visa has been issued, there's no way of knowing until one gets the passports back

Hope for the best.... keep smiling

Reactions: Vickyeddy

nitup

Nov 10, 2012
Hi Bryanna,

Just wanted to let you know that my mother and sister in law were granted their visitor visas. We are happy to know that.

But their visa issue brings us to another question. We were expecting the maximum duration to be 6 months. Instead they have actually issued the visa as a multiple entry and is valid for the complete duration left on their passports, which is still 5 and 9 years.

I know this means that they can enter multiple times for the years that the visa is valid, but is there any maximum length of time that they can stay per visit? Can they stay 6 months or longer at a time, then have to return? Or can they stay indefinitely as long as their visa and passport is valid?

There is no intent to abuse their visitor privileges, as we weren't even expecting this, but was wondering what the rules about staying in canada are when visa is issued longer than 6 months. I've also heard that upon arrival to canada, an immigration officer and reduce this visa length if he feels need to. Is this true?

Thank you

Reactions: Vickyeddy

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey, that's great news.... all that stress :)

It's fantastic that they have been granted TRVs for the full validity of their passports.

This is how it works:
TRVs allow a visitor to remain in Canada for up to 6 months at a time .... however, the CBSA officer that one encounters at a Port of Entry (POE) will determine how long a person can actually remain in the country.

If the CBSA officer is convinced that someone is admissible then s/he will be given an entry stamp in the passport (no date below it) that is valid for 6 months.... if the immigration officer puts a hand-written date under the entry stamp then that is the date until which s/he is authorized to remain in Canada.

If your mom-in-law and sister-in-law wish to extend their visitor status before the 6 months expires then they must apply for an extension.... they would then be on implied status until a decision is made on their applications.

They cannot remain/stay indefinitely as long as their TRVs and passports are valid.

If they exit Canada (for eg: return to home country).... and return then their new visit will be assessed separately by the CBSA officer they face the next time.... who may allow them to remain for 6 months again..... or may reduce the authorized length to remain in Canada (ie hand-written date under the entry stamp)..... or in some cases, refuse entry (if someone appears to be staying for unduly long duration by abusing privileges instead of being a visitor)

Hope this helps

nitup

Nov 10, 2012
So this means that they can travel to canada multiple times but each time their length of stay will be determined upon arrival? If an immigration officer here pens in a 6 month stay, does that override whats stamped on the visa itself, or does that only mean for this particular stay? Is their multiple entry visa still valid if they want to come back a year later for example? Or do they have to apply again for a visa?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
nitup said:
So this means that they can travel to canada multiple times but each time their length of stay will be determined upon arrival? If an immigration officer here pens in a 6 month stay, does that override whats stamped on the visa itself, or does that only mean for this particular stay? Is their multiple entry visa still valid if they want to come back a year later for example? Or do they have to apply again for a visa?
The TRVs are valid as long as the passport remain valid. The length of stay for each visit will be determined upon arrival, yes.

nitup

Nov 10, 2012
That makes it hard to plan tickets no? You may book a return ticket for certain time and an officer may override that?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
It's always best to buy tickets with fare conditions that allow dates to be changed for a small fee.... this is not just because of the CBSA officer and length of authorized visit.... but because you/your relatives may choose to extend their visit

Cheers :)

sdou

Jun 3, 2015
Hi All,

I applied for TRV on Jan 25th 2016 and got rejected yesterday on 4th of Feb 2016.
Reasons:
No travel history
No ties in Canada

Submitted documents:
Invite letter from my husband
Leave letter from my present working company
Sufficient funds - Bank statements of my husband and myself.
Marriage certificate
Tax statements for last 3 years.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. What is your husband's immigration status in Canada?
2. For how long did you intend to visit?
3. What ties do you have to your home country: Property or land ownership/rental accommodation, family ties, financial investments, etc?
4. What documents did your husband provide as the host?
5. Did you have any large deposits in your bank account?

Cheers

Apachemono

May 12, 2011
Today i received below message for my mother's super visa application and i feel same when they mentioned qord processed. Keeping my fingers crossed. Please pray for her visa.

Visa application, tracking ID No. 20161007xxxxxxxx- Your processed passport has been received at hyderabad from the Canada Visa Office,Bangalore, on 23/11/2016 and is ready for collection at Canada Visa Application @Centre,Hyderabad

Besides since Canada goverment has decreased the number of application for PR of parents and grandparents they are giving generous time frame for them to visit canada multiple times to compensate their decision for which much people are upset.