+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application" Mean

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
i got the same refusal
"The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application"

Geektechers6

Sep 4, 2022
ok, thanks for reply.

One more thing, is this "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application" means I have a bad SP? is there any other possibilities? I am still waiting for the notes, it's gonna take more than 30 days.
Hai, I also got rejection, stating the same reason. In the CAIPS NOTE what was the reason for rejection ?

Reactions: Akash Ramachandran

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
I have the same words, but I went through SDS, so the SP is not required. Is that because I submitted an "unreasonable" SP which is not necessary???
I hate IRCC for these deceiving and misleading tricks.. while filing Clinet Info was optional and if it optional then how come it can be a determing factor in deciding student permit!!! Shouldn't they clearly mention that provide a SOP which can let VO know about you and your plan...
In all insanity also, a normal person can will take it lightly if it is optional and not mandatory ..
First they deceive by saying 20 cal days and now this SOP thing !!!

I am so stupedified by them that I completely lost faith in their process and officers..

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay

yes, this situation is complicated . The visa officer is not considering your education scores as most prominent and he is not outweighing your work experience to be worthy.

in this case ..things can be done ,
- In sop

paragraph 1

explain previous jobs and relate it o the new studies
- explain your scopes and jobs in your country with with studying this course
finally explain why studying after so long
Should this go in SOP or LOE?

Sep 7, 2022
yeah sure, I will post it here if possible
Hi Sean, As of this morning I'm in the same boat as you. Having received the exact reason for rejection I'm unsure how to proceed. This is despite the fact that I had a detailed SOP mentioning my intentions. I request you to please mention here the GC notes once you receive them. I'm afraid if I apply for the notes it'll be more than a month before I receive them.

Reactions: Akash Ramachandran

csinghfv

Sep 17, 2022
Hi, Thanks for keeping up this thread. I have also received the same visa rejection - "
The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application ".

My profile - Bachelors of Engineering - Instrumentation and Control
Post Grad Diploma in Banking and Finance - Amity university
Work Experience - Assistant Manager - Axis Bank - 3 years
Ielts - overall - 8, Listening-8.5, Reading-8.5, Writing-6.5, speaking 7.5

Student visa application for Graduate certificate 1 year - project management in Durham College, Ontario. - Jan 2023 Intake
Full college fee paid, GIC paid, funds for 40 lakhs shown. Real brother is in Canada on PR.
Did anyone here apply for GCMS notes and get the valid answer ? I am very disturbed on hearing this rejection as I felt I had written a very good SOP with all the valid documents submitted through my consultant. I am still trying to decode the meaning of this rejection reason.

Can someone help, Thanks !

Last edited:

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
Hi, Thanks for keeping up this thread. I have also received the same visa rejection - "
The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application ".

My profile - Bachelors of Engineering - Instrumentation and Control
Post Grad Diploma in Banking and Finance - Amity university
Work Experience - Assistant Manager - Axis Bank - 3 years
Ielts - overall - 8, Listening-8.5, Reading-8.5, Writing-6.5, speaking 7.5

Student visa application for Graduate certificate 1 year - project management in Durham College, Ontario. - Jan 2023 Intake
Full college fee paid, GIC paid, funds for 40 lakhs shown. Real brother is in Canada on PR.
Did anyone here apply for GCMS notes and get the valid answer ? I am very disturbed on hearing this rejection as I felt I had written a very good SOP with all the valid documents submitted through my consultant. I am still trying to decode the meaning of this rejection reason.

Can someone help, Thanks !
Sorry to hear that.. we are dealing we an illogical system based on stupidity.

harkiran1992

Jul 12, 2021
two of my friends got the rejection with the exact same reason in last 2 weeks, at day 89 from application date. The processing time was 90 days. Both have good profiles. This seems like automation or something, when files are not picked on time, they automatically sending rejections to some people on day 89. Did anyone receive the notes yet? We applied but it will take very long time.

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
two of my friends got the rejection with the exact same reason in last 2 weeks, at day 89 from application date. The processing time was 90 days. Both have good profiles. This seems like automation or something, when files are not picked on time, they automatically sending rejections to some people on day 89. Did anyone receive the notes yet? We applied but it will take very long time.
Yes this is the generic reason they are giving .. if you share your profile then I can help you the rejection reason. Also for your SOP, have you taken any professional services?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There isn’t a processing time just an estimate of processing time that is often incorrect but prevents many fro trying to contact IRCC frequently about processing. The fact that they were denied at 89 days is pure coincidence.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes this is the generic reason they are giving .. if you share your profile then I can help you the rejection reason. Also for your SOP, have you taken any professional services?
Would watch out for professional SOP writers. Many do such a poor job and hurt the applicant versus helping.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Whonis applying for the SP? Is it your brother? Are your parents also applying for a supervisa? If you want help you need to provide more information about your profile like previous education and work history, degree and school you applied to in Canada, family in Canada?, etc?

SeanMu

Aug 2, 2022
It's been so long, does anyone get their notes yet???? Please share information with us if anyone does