+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application" Mean

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
and if it's about family, what can one do about family ties?
Nothing but make the application and SOP so strong that family ties are not as relevant. Show how a humanities degree will give him a career that is worthwhile and high paying to justify costs. Show ties to home country in other ways not related to family.

hhsiddiqui

Jun 9, 2010
I got this same refusal yesterday "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

I am applying for a Visit Visa for my niece and nephew with my sister-in-law to visit their grandfather, who is a Canadian citizen. Any suggestions?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got this same refusal yesterday "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

I am applying for a Visit Visa for my niece and nephew with my sister-in-law to visit their grandfather, who is a Canadian citizen. Any suggestions?
Order GCMS notes. How long was visit? How old are niece and nephew? What did they show as ties to return? Funds? Travel history?

mmtsandul

Nov 21, 2023
I was given "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application" as the reason of my visa rejection, can someone help me understand what that means.

I am applying for study permit
Hi,

I'm just 18 years old and my visa was also refused due to this reason. My sister is in Canada and my financial and education Qualifications are good. Can you please give me a brief idea of what to do next?

mmtsandul

Nov 21, 2023
Order GCMS notes. How long was visit? How old are niece and nephew? What did they show as ties to return? Funds? Travel history?
Hi,

I'm just 18 years old and my visa was also refused due to this reason. My sister is in Canada and my financial and education Qualifications are good. Can you please give me a brief idea of what to do next?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

Were you applying for a TRV? How long was visit? Where are you from? Do parents have a TRV and what is your sister’s status? To get approved, you need to show funds, travel history, ties to return and reasons to travel? You need to show reasons to return home - tuition paid/registration, job letter with approved leave. If parents have TRVs then you are their tie to return since you are under 22. Finances are your parents correct and how much did you show? Did you show your own account? Given you are 18, it is difficult to get an approved TRV.

mmtsandul

Nov 21, 2023
Were you applying for a TRV? How long was visit? Where are you from? Do parents have a TRV and what is your sister’s status? To get approved, you need to show funds, travel history, ties to return and reasons to travel? You need to show reasons to return home - tuition paid/registration, job letter with approved leave. If parents have TRVs then you are their tie to return since you are under 22. Finances are your parents correct and how much did you show? Did you show your own account? Given you are 18, it is difficult to get an approved TRV.
Hi,

I am from Sri Lanka and I have applied for a student visa for a three-year program. My parents do not have any TRVs, and my sister is currently on a work permit in Canada. Although I have not traveled abroad before, my parents have, and we have properties and lands in Sri Lanka. Both of my parents hold high-ranking government positions. I have shown proof of funds of around 50,000 Canadian dollars, without including the payment of my tuition fee for the first academic year. I would like some advice on what to do in this situation.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I am from Sri Lanka and I have applied for a student visa for a three-year program. My parents do not have any TRVs, and my sister is currently on a work permit in Canada. Although I have not traveled abroad before, my parents have, and we have properties and lands in Sri Lanka. Both of my parents hold high-ranking government positions. I have shown proof of funds of around 50,000 Canadian dollars, without including the payment of my tuition fee for the first academic year. I would like some advice on what to do in this situation.
So post full reasons for refusal. Was funds a reason because you haven’t paid tuition and showing only $50k. How much is tuition. That is not enough for 3 years. You need to justify costs of program with career opportunities/salary.

mmtsandul

Nov 21, 2023
So post full reasons for refusal. Was funds a reason because you haven’t paid tuition and showing only $50k. How much is tuition. That is not enough for 3 years. You need to justify costs of program with career opportunities/salary.
NO NO, I paid for one academic year which is 190000 CAD and I show a 50K fixed deposit and other lands and properties. the reason given in the letter is,

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Order GCMS notes. What is their citizenship and do they live in their home country? How long did they ask to visit?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
NO NO, I paid for one academic year which is 190000 CAD and I show a 50K fixed deposit and other lands and properties. the reason given in the letter is,

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application
So how did you justify taking a 3 year program that will cost almost $100k? What did you show to return?

mmtsandul

Nov 21, 2023
So how did you justify taking a 3 year program that will cost almost $100k? What did you show to return?
first-year course fee== CAD19000

show money= Around 60K liquid cash

house worth around 110K

land worth around 23K
For the return to my home country, I showed my younger siblings. and I wrote that after my parents' retirement, we were going to start a business in Sri Lanka and to prove that I showed around CAD75K for that. and a letter from my employer that he will offer me a job when after my return.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
first-year course fee== CAD19000

show money= Around 60K liquid cash

house worth around 110K

land worth around 23K
For the return to my home country, I showed my younger siblings. and I wrote that after my parents' retirement, we were going to start a business in Sri Lanka and to prove that I showed around CAD75K for that. and a letter from my employer that he will offer me a job when after my return.
House and land are not cash, so not relevant. Are you selling your house or land? If so, sell and add funds. In another post, you said fixed deposits, now it is cash. So where is the other $40-50k coming from?

Siblings are not a tie to return. How old are parents to retire? If starting a business with your parents then an education in Canada is not required. You can start it now. So you have another $75K to start the business. And you are starting a business and have a job. Why would employer hold job for so many years? Is it a promotion and how much more money are you making?

Reactions: Fizhér

Manisingh0001

Nov 7, 2023
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.