+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the steps JUST before the checklist is generated in your application?

redfox05

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
United Kingdom
NOC Code......
2173 Software engineers and designers
App. Filed.......
25/01/2016
AOR Received.
25/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
29/01/2016
Passport Req..
07/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
06/2016 (Not exact for security)
LANDED..........
07/2016 (Not exact for security)
Hey there,

To others who have recieved the ITA, and started to complete their forms, I have a question.

What questions came up JUST BEFORE the checklist was generated for your documents.

Reason I ask is that my consultant is concerned that when we did it with him in his office (in Canada) there may have been a question about where you currently are, and that was Canada, so he put that, but now he thinks CIC might think this is an inland application.

So in additional documents, he has explained that I was just in Canada over xmas for a Vacation, and that I am now back in the UK working for the company I was before. (I hope that last bit about working for the company doesnt confuse the officer, as it confused me and sounded a bit odd).

So basically, was there such a question just before the checklist was generated, and if so, what would that impact be?
He also said some of the questions around proof of funds etc looked different to other people's ones he had completed, which may be due to the system mistaking it as an inland app, but that is confusing too. Basically, im confused.

Oh, and he also put the correspondence address as his Canadian office address. Hope thats ok.
I presume outland/inland is determined by my most recent address history entry right?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redfox05 said:
Hey there,

To others who have recieved the ITA, and started to complete their forms, I have a question.

What questions came up JUST BEFORE the checklist was generated for your documents.

Reason I ask is that my consultant is concerned that when we did it with him in his office (in Canada) there may have been a question about where you currently are, and that was Canada, so he put that, but now he thinks CIC might think this is an inland application.

So in additional documents, he has explained that I was just in Canada over xmas for a Vacation, and that I am now back in the UK working for the company I was before. (I hope that last bit about working for the company doesnt confuse the officer, as it confused me and sounded a bit odd).

So basically, was there such a question just before the checklist was generated, and if so, what would that impact be?

He also said some of the questions around proof of funds etc looked different to other people's ones he had completed, which may be due to the system mistaking it as an inland app, but that is confusing too. Basically, im confused.

Though there were discernible difference in the application processing timelines last year, Outland/Inland probably doesn't matter until the issuance of PPR letter. POF doesn't depend on outland/inland.

Oh, and he also put the correspondence address as his Canadian office address. Hope thats ok. No Problem.

I presume outland/inland is determined by my most recent address history entry right? Yes.

redfox05

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
United Kingdom
NOC Code......
2173 Software engineers and designers
App. Filed.......
25/01/2016
AOR Received.
25/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
29/01/2016
Passport Req..
07/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
06/2016 (Not exact for security)
LANDED..........
07/2016 (Not exact for security)
But I read with inland, your not allowed to leave Canada until application is complete, else it gets cancelled?

But yeah, I figured it was probably all fine. I just got weirded out when he said he had to put I was in Canada at the time of checklist generation (As I was there, on holiday!).