+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the options for changing college after landing in Canada ??

simran14

Sep 29, 2013
dont know what options to tell..but just wanted to say 1 thing which you know as well that dont switch college after landing as it might create problem in future ( heard from agent )

sumera.k

Sep 29, 2013
simran14 said:
dont know what options to tell..but just wanted to say 1 thing which you know as well that dont switch college after landing as it might create problem in future ( heard from agent )
What kinda problem?????

sumera.k

Sep 29, 2013
simran14 said:

my agent told me the same. wonder why? they get 10% of first year fees from d college they got u thru. if u leave after even one sem or tk refund, not only will they lose the commission but also spoil relations wid dat college as the college will not want to tie up with them again cus more people will be admitted and then theyll leave so both college and ur agent will suffer a loss. go by CIC rules not what ur agent says.

William G

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
amitpalsingh said:
Hi !!

What are the options , if i want to swicth colleges after coming in Canada. Someone was telling that according to new rules one should not switch/ change colleges. If he does , there would be problems while applying for PR later on.

Please advice ...

Thanks

Hello guys,

Just a small query, that if I complete my 1 year og diploma and gain do a 6 months some linked pg program will I be eligible for a 3 year work permits visa.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
William G said:
Hello guys,

Just a small query, that if I complete my 1 year og diploma and gain do a 6 months some linked pg program will I be eligible for a 3 year work permits visa.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

GURKAMALPREET

Jul 27, 2017
IF SOMEONE GOT HAVE VISA WITH SOME UNIVERSITY AND WANT TO CHANGE TO OTHER UNIVERSITY AFTER LANDING CANADA, IS THERE ANY PROBLEM GETTING THE STUDY PERMITS FIRST TIME OR HE/SHE SHOULD APPLY IN INDIA FOR UPDATE OF COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY BEFORE GOING TO CANADA

Last edited:

Vskjatt96

Aug 4, 2017
Someone please tell me how to change SPP college to University for masters?what procedure should i follow??

Diljinder

Jan 11, 2018
i came from India for January intake of 2018 , how can i change my college now ??[/Qi
I m also in canada for jan intake..i alsoo wnna change my college...current college is fanshawe...if u get any type of info. plz rply must...my classes will be from 22nd jan''''

@raman###

Mar 21, 2018
Hlo
I am Raman and I have already applied for alaxandra college for September intake but I was wanted Douglass collage but it was not appropriate to my qualification... I want to study in music Production. It is not available in alaxandra. So, can I change my collage after arriving in Canada... And in how many months I will get that other collage?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hlo
I am Raman and I have already applied for alaxandra college for September intake but I was wanted Douglass collage but it was not appropriate to my qualification... I want to study in music Production. It is not available in alaxandra. So, can I change my collage after arriving in Canada... And in how many months I will get that other collage?
Read here

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools/account.html

Cannot answer about the college change time you will need to ask them but note that if you have already paid fees for Alexandra and then change college after you arrive doubtful you will get any refund. Also you will not be able to work during any break between changing from one college to another

Matibrahim_86

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Kuwait
Actually a gun should not misfire at all. Sorry, sometime my gun misfire :)

Hi,

1. Yes, you can apply on UoA LOA and change your school post visa approval/landing in Canada provided you change your course on post-secondary level.
2. As per new rules, you can change your course/school and you do not even need to notify CIC/anyone in Canada provided your change your course at "same level of education".
Even it is in different semester?
if I got study permit based on LOA for advanced Diploma , can I change the institution to other one in different province and in different semester?

neba676422805

Jan 19, 2018
Hlo
Hello, please I need to know how long you waited while changing your course. I am in same situation. Came for fall but have applied for another program which commences only in fall next year. Is the waiting time Ok??

Sep 17, 2019
Hello everyone,
Please i got a few enquiries to make below;
• is it true that college admitted international students(from Nigeria)are refused visa?...Master's program are preferred.
• how can someone change program of study on arrival in canada?
• are there graduate progs in university or colleges between CAD $9k-12k/year?