+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the chances ?

James Mcguire

Jun 18, 2015
Dears,

I have been entered into the express entry pool with a total of 420 points. My consultant has advised me that i have decent points and just need to be patient as hes predicting the points will go down on the draw.

I would be grateful if can please share your advice's and thoughts on how likely it is to be selected.

thanks a lot..

EEcanvan

Star Member
Jun 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
James Mcguire said:
Dears,

I have been entered into the express entry pool with a total of 420 points. My consultant has advised me that i have decent points and just need to be patient as hes predicting the points will go down on the draw.

I would be grateful if can please share your advice's and thoughts on how likely it is to be selected.

thanks a lot..
Hi James,

The last draw for invites was in 12th June with a minimum CRS score of 482. You have a decent score. However you can increase your score through Opportunities Ontario PNP. Ontario is sending invitations to applicants who have submitted their profile on or after June 1st and with a score of 400 and above. Just be patient , you might get an invitation to apply for OOPNP. Or wait for the next draw and hopefully the score will decrease.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree with EEcanvan.

Additionally, have you maxed out on your CRS scores? Language assessment makes a big difference to CRS scores - are you already at CLB 9/10?

And finally, your consultant may have a valid point. The lowest cutoff so far was 453 and that was in April. In June, we have had one draw where the cutoff was 481. With all these provincial nominations expected to start accruing to applicants by September, it seems unlikely that the score will come down to 400 in a hurry. There could be some action towards the end of the year but all that is speculation for now.

You have a decent score and should keep your eyes peeled for any provincial nomination opportunities that might come your way. Spend time browsing through various threads on the forum to get a feel of what's expected by various provinces before they extend a nomination and the all-important 600 points that will guarantee you an ITA.

All the best!

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have enough points to apply for Ontario PNP. That's a good place to start, for immigrating to Canada.