+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Timeline/Tracking 2019

TheRaven

Apr 16, 2020
Hi all,

long time reader, finally took the plunge to register to share my disappointing experience with WES. Which, to me, seems like a neverending story.

I feel your anxiety and annoyance in being bottlenecked and blocked by WES in your pursuit of Canadian PR.

Please allow me to share my experience with WES in getting an educational credential assessment (ECA).

1. I had applied and paid for an ECA in early January of 2020.
  2. My documents had been delivered by mid of January 2020 to WES Canada.
  3. Nothing had happened for almost three weeks until I had asked about the processing status via their Web form twice.
  4. My documents had been scanned/prepared to my WES reference number by 11 February.
  5. Then again, my status hadn't changed for about 4 weeks.
  6. By 9 March my status had changed to "waiting for additional documents". Apparently, my university had forgotten to send two documents.
  7. It took me two weeks to sort out everything with my former university.
  8. On 7 April the docs the university had sent to WES had arrived there.
  9. But for 5 weeks now, the status of my ECA process hadn't changed.
  10. Asking via their Web form didn't help. Apparently, the folks answering these requests don't have a good enough grasp of English (I don't mean that in a disparaging way, it's just the way that is. They give very confusing boiler-plate answers that don't tell you what you asked about in the first place).
  11. Finally, after PM'ing their Twitter account, they admitted that they haven't been scanning/processing documents that have arrived after 10 March 2020.
That means that all WES ECA applications that require additional documents to be processed/scanned that hadn't been scanned before 10 March 2020 are effectively put on hold until the Corona crisis is over and the WES people get back to work in the WES offices.

Hope that helps anyone that is still unclear about what's going on with/at WES. I'm thoroughly disappointed.

On their Website (https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/covid-19-operational-updates/), they blatantly lie in that they claim that they're still working on ECA applications. It's a white lie, sure, but it's a lie. They still keep luring applicants to pay. I gotta admit that I'm really fed up with this bottleneck. And to think that WES is actually better than the alternative ECA organizations! What a joke. I've had gathered all necessary documents for my Express Entry application (apart from med, of course). I have all kinds of certificates and employment reference letters and payslips. Also my IELTS. But lacking the ECA report, I cannot create an Express Entry profile.

bachchan

Apr 17, 2020
I agrree with TheRaven,

Everything looks like WES totally suspended activity and do not even notifiy clients about it and continuing accepting payments.

- My application is in "final review" status for already 3 weeks. It meens they have all documents, and completed the evaluation. They don't need access to the office to make a final review;
- They completely ignore requests through their customer service form;

The worst about the situation is that they don't admit it to continue receive payments, leaving people in full darkness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blessings20

TheRaven

Apr 16, 2020
I agrree with TheRaven,

Everything looks like WES totally suspended activity and do not even notifiy clients about it and continuing accepting payments.

- My application is in "final review" status for already 3 weeks. It meens they have all documents, and completed the evaluation. They don't need access to the office to make a final review;
- They completely ignore requests through their customer service form;

The worst about the situation is that they don't admit it to continue receive payments, leaving people in full darkness.
Hi bachhan!
I'm sorry you're also affected by this.
What does your WES timeline look like?
And how have you and your family been holding up?

I've decided I don't want to take any more of this.
By being unprofessional and lying, WES has been controlling a very important part of my family's and my life (immigration and all related processes). They've practically taken our plan hostage. We've given notice to our employers, put our house on the market etc.

I mean, seriously:
  • The Corona crisis is no reason to shut down their operations completely with regard to considering new documents.
  • Getting slower? Sure, that's something people - myself included - can relate to and have patience with. But totally suspending considering new documents, both for existing and new applications? Whilst still encouraging new customers to send in their applications and pay for it? I'm no lawyer, but to me this behavior, even encouragement, comes across as very deceitful.
  • This just shows you that their input management (scanning incoming documents and mapping these to WES reference numbers) capability is lackluster.
  • I know what I'm talking about, since this is one of the things I'm doing for a living: helping companies digitize and automate their processes so that they can increase their processing throughput without actually having higher operational expenses (the initial investment notwithstanding)

No more being hostage to WES and similar organizations!
Is there any reasonable and easy way to expose this?

Can't we go and
  • make IRCC aware of this?
  • just take to the WES twitter page and say what's happening?

Looking forward to your input and ideas.

Yours,
Raven

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
No more being hostage to WES and similar organizations!
Is there any reasonable and easy way to expose this?

Can't we go and
  • make IRCC aware of this?
  • just take to the WES twitter page and say what's happening?
Even if you did, it won't make a difference whatsoever. WES is overloaded with applications. In the past, they used to complete an application in around 2 months time and before the current pandemic situation, they were taking up to 3 months for an application without university verification and if they wanted to verify documents with the educational institutions, the applications were taking up to 5 months of time, many people were facing issues with all this delay. Just imagine what they are doing now because of the lockdown. But they are fastest by far when compared to other ECA organizations, others are just too slow.

Also, if you belong to FSW category, note that FSW candidates are not receiving invites at the moment.

bachchan

Apr 17, 2020
What does your WES timeline look like?
March beginning - all documents reviewed and accepted;
March end - final review;

And how have you and your family been holding up?
The situation is terrible. My whole immigration is blocked by WES. As you can see, the rewiew is ready for already 3 weeks. They just not willing to provide me neither with result nor with any forecast.

Focusonit

Apr 11, 2020
You're very welcome. How is the ECA application working out for you? I hope that things work better in your case.
No...but i'm confident that everything gonna be alright at the right moment. I am just trying to take advantage of my country... As said above, I introduced my application with ICAS since august 2019, and no result as to date. I wanted to restart with WES, but....I am sorry for myself but is there anything I can do ?

janicemb

Apr 19, 2020
Hi all,

long time reader, finally took the plunge to register to share my disappointing experience with WES. Which, to me, seems like a neverending story.

I feel your anxiety and annoyance in being bottlenecked and blocked by WES in your pursuit of Canadian PR.

Please allow me to share my experience with WES in getting an educational credential assessment (ECA).

1. I had applied and paid for an ECA in early January of 2020.
  2. My documents had been delivered by mid of January 2020 to WES Canada.
  3. Nothing had happened for almost three weeks until I had asked about the processing status via their Web form twice.
  4. My documents had been scanned/prepared to my WES reference number by 11 February.
  5. Then again, my status hadn't changed for about 4 weeks.
  6. By 9 March my status had changed to "waiting for additional documents". Apparently, my university had forgotten to send two documents.
  7. It took me two weeks to sort out everything with my former university.
  8. On 7 April the docs the university had sent to WES had arrived there.
  9. But for 5 weeks now, the status of my ECA process hadn't changed.
  10. Asking via their Web form didn't help. Apparently, the folks answering these requests don't have a good enough grasp of English (I don't mean that in a disparaging way, it's just the way that is. They give very confusing boiler-plate answers that don't tell you what you asked about in the first place).
  11. Finally, after PM'ing their Twitter account, they admitted that they haven't been scanning/processing documents that have arrived after 10 March 2020.
That means that all WES ECA applications that require additional documents to be processed/scanned that hadn't been scanned before 10 March 2020 are effectively put on hold until the Corona crisis is over and the WES people get back to work in the WES offices.

Hope that helps anyone that is still unclear about what's going on with/at WES. I'm thoroughly disappointed.

On their Website (https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/covid-19-operational-updates/), they blatantly lie in that they claim that they're still working on ECA applications. It's a white lie, sure, but it's a lie. They still keep luring applicants to pay. I gotta admit that I'm really fed up with this bottleneck. And to think that WES is actually better than the alternative ECA organizations! What a joke. I've had gathered all necessary documents for my Express Entry application (apart from med, of course). I have all kinds of certificates and employment reference letters and payslips. Also my IELTS. But lacking the ECA report, I cannot create an Express Entry profile.
I have similar situation as yours, and all my plan is being impacted just because I cannot get an ECA!!!! So frustrated about the situation, but I believe there are lot lot more people like us… just wondering any more slightly faster or feasible way for ECA under this virus issue… the worst thing is not the slow progress but endless waiting without any transparency what’s going on……:(

Blessings20

Apr 2, 2020
Is someone here who Wes sent mail that they sent documents to your university for second verification these days?
How did you do according to the actual situation?

Saloni bathla

Apr 27, 2020
Can anyone solve my problem? I had send all my documents to wes and now its showing that documents not received and they are waiting but tracking package shows its delivered and confirmed and also on my wes timeline its showing documents received by wes documentation centre. What should i do?

handajaskirat

Apr 4, 2020
Hi Guys,

Any idea about following update:

We are reviewing your evaluation.
Status last updated: 4/27/2020
Evaluation in Progress
Your evaluation is in progress. You are not required to do anything at this time.
The estimated completion date of your evaluation is 3/10/2020

I was first advised about Estimated completion date on 11th Feb. Since then then this is the only update today.

aegaeg

May 5, 2020
Can anyone solve my problem? I had send all my documents to wes and now its showing that documents not received and they are waiting but tracking package shows its delivered and confirmed and also on my wes timeline its showing documents received by wes documentation centre. What should i do?
Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

Same here. My husband and I sent our documents on March 13. According to DHL it was delivered to WES on March 30. When I contact WES they just keep telling me what is announced on their website without even answering my questions. So disappointing!

edit: I should also add that when we applied on March 12 and paid the application fee, they did not notify that they will not process the documents received after March 10. They announced this after we sent our documents and they still pretend as if they are processing applications.

TheRaven

Apr 16, 2020
No...but i'm confident that everything gonna be alright at the right moment. I am just trying to take advantage of my country... As said above, I introduced my application with ICAS since august 2019, and no result as to date. I wanted to restart with WES, but....I am sorry for myself but is there anything I can do ?
I'm sorry to heart that.

The only thing you can do is take to Twitter and publicly state that your EE is totally blocked and that all the EE-related documents you've compiled so far will lose their respective validity shortly. For example, I got my police clearance certificate in January 2020 and it will expire by July 2020. And given the corona crisis, I'm not sure I will get an opportunity to get new copies issued by the authorities. Since they are closed and will be for some time.

I think we all have the ability to collectively put some pressure on WES. But it has to be done politely and publicly. And Twitter is the way to go, I think.