+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES - Tamil Nadu Diploma Transcript Process

prayoga_17

Dec 9, 2017
Hi,
Thanks for your kind reply. I am clear now for getting my evaluation done from WES. Now I have a query for my secondary applicant. My spouse has done 10th, Diploma 3 years, B.Sc (lateral entry 2 years through distance education). What is best to get evaluated? Is it OK for highest degree even in this case too?

sky_limit

May 1, 2008
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
Hi,
Thanks for your kind reply. I am clear now for getting my evaluation done from WES. Now I have a query for my secondary applicant. My spouse has done 10th, Diploma 3 years, B.Sc (lateral entry 2 years through distance education). What is best to get evaluated? Is it OK for highest degree even in this case too?
I am not sure about this. Because you need to prove this 2 years BSc is in fact a 3 year BSc. You may have to get Diploma evaluated here. Not sure how!

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Hi,
send both Diploma and BSC for evaluation, if both evaluated to Canadian equivalency, you may get points for two or more degrees, which is higher than just bachelors..

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Hi,
Thanks again for your time. I had already checked on the free tool on WES to evaluate my degree. I entered only my MS Degree of BITS and got it evaluated as Canadian equivalent Bachelor's degree 4 years.
Would like to know if any of the guys have really got evaluated from WES after sending only their MS transcripts from BITS.

Thanks
send both MS and Bachelors for evaluation, since if your MS is just evaluated as Bach ( 4 years) , you get points only for Bachelors..
when you get both degrees evaluated, then you can claim points fo two or more degrees, which will boost up your scores..

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Hi, I am sorry I am not sure about BITS. My MS was from a university in USA and yes I got it assessed as Canadian equivalent masters. BITS is a known educational institute. You shouldn't have any issues with the assessment. You could check here. http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp

My university accommodated the requests like adding WES reference no. etc. and they knew about the procedure too with WES. I am sure lot of people graduated with BITS would have gone through this process and BITS would probably know the procedure as well. Just reach out to them. Also, I do not think degree certificate copy is required in the transcripts if there is any consolidated transcript or last semester transcript saying course completed and degree has be awarded or eligible for a degree. This is what my MS transcripts read. My MS degree certificate copy was not attached to the transcript that went to WES for evaluation.
Since your MS is in US , WES have no problem giving Canadian equivalency as Masters, but it is not the same for Masters done in India.. So it always better to evaluate both Bach and Masters for degrees from India. WES may treat Indian masters as Bach ( 4 years) and only get points for Bachelors.. If they do both , then they can claim for two or more degrees, which will boost their score..

sky_limit

May 1, 2008
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
Since your MS is in US , WES have no problem giving Canadian equivalency as Masters, but it is not the same for Masters done in India.. So it always better to evaluate both Bach and Masters for degrees from India. WES may treat Indian masters as Bach ( 4 years) and only get points for Bachelors.. If they do both , then they can claim for two or more degrees, which will boost their score..
Not true. I have many of my friends with Indian Masters who evaluated just their masters degree and got recognized as masters.

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Not true. I have many of my friends with Indian Masters who evaluated just their masters degree and got recognized as masters.
just check the posts for ECA in other threads, there are several Masters evaluated as Bachelors..

and the advice I am giving is best for the new entrants, they only spend the time to get transcripts sent for Bachelors, WES doesn't charge extra for evaluating both and done at the same time..

Think about this, if they get their masters evaluated as Bachelors, they have to start the process again and wait for ECA for a month or more and will lose precious time.

Overall it makes MORE SENSE to send both for evaluation!

Last edited:

Latha kartik

Mar 12, 2018
Can u tel me how did u attest your diploma certificate for Wes ... I have done my diploma in coimbatore ... did I get sign from the principal or from the university

Latha kartik

Mar 12, 2018
sorry xpressentry for late reply.

I am Main applicant. WES do evaluate technical qualification.

For my degree - have no issue getting university to sign and attest the documents.
For Diploma - I believe State board of Technical Education in Chennai must complete the transcript the form and attest the mark sheet etc.

Spoke to Technical Education in Chennai. They will only accept if principal has sign and authorised the WES transcript form.

Any help please?

How did u do it pls help me ... do we have to visit the college or university for diploma

Latha kartik

Mar 12, 2018
Hi, i have compleated 10 years +3years in diploma in dote and working in dubai having 5years experiecne and i am planning to start the process for immigration, I dont have a bachelors degree, will my diploma works on crs? or is my diploma eligible for any short of course to study in canada,

Have u completed the transcripts .. even I have completed diploma and currently I’m dubai ... can u guide me

JAI@24

May 30, 2018
Hi, I have a Masters, Bachelors and Diploma from DOTE Tamil Nadu. I am a permanent resident already (got it just couple of months ago). I never even evaluated my Bachelors and Diploma with WES. Evaluating highest education is good enough. Both me and my spouse evaluated just our Masters. Just get your highest degree evaluated.
Hello sir,
What is the process in the case,if i did the masters in Distance Education? (From University of madras).

KarthikRS

Jun 13, 2018
Abu Dhabi
Category........
PNP
Dear friends

I'm in process of Education Certificates Attestation for WES & I'm currently staying in Abu Dhabi,

I did my Diploma DECE in 2001 (Virudhunagar Polytechnic) and completed my B.Tech in 2004 (University of Madras)

For my B.Tech degree, I will be going to University of Madras straightly for processing, that I can understand.

Can any one of you please advice / guide me how to do attestation for my Diploma (Diploma Certificate from State Board of Technical Education & Training Chennai)

Steps to follow,
1. Firstly, I have to go to Viridhunagar Polytechnic college first to get the Principal / HOD signature & Seal in WES form (for Diploma certificate & mark sheets)
2. Finally, I have to go to State Board of Technical Education & Training, Chennai for getting the attestation in same WES form.

if you could support me in this regards, much appreciated. Since I'm going for vacation during July-2018 to Aug-2018, should be utilizing in this period.

Thanks a lot.

Reactions: ignatiousin

Ishug

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Dear friends

I'm in process of Education Certificates Attestation for WES & I'm currently staying in Abu Dhabi,

I did my Diploma DECE in 2001 (Virudhunagar Polytechnic) and completed my B.Tech in 2004 (University of Madras)

For my B.Tech degree, I will be going to University of Madras straightly for processing, that I can understand.

Can any one of you please advice / guide me how to do attestation for my Diploma (Diploma Certificate from State Board of Technical Education & Training Chennai)

Steps to follow,
1. Firstly, I have to go to Viridhunagar Polytechnic college first to get the Principal / HOD signature & Seal in WES form (for Diploma certificate & mark sheets)
2. Finally, I have to go to State Board of Technical Education & Training, Chennai for getting the attestation in same WES form.

if you could support me in this regards, much appreciated. Since I'm going for vacation during July-2018 to Aug-2018, should be utilizing in this period.

Thanks a lot.
Hi

I am from Chennai Tamil Nadu.
Could uuPlease tell me what procedure you followed to obtain eca report for diploma