+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is MS from Bits, pilani - WLPD considered equivalent to masters degree by WES

india_user25

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Hi Experts,

I have done BTech (regular degree) from India and done MS from Bits Pilani, India (WLPD - work integrated learning program).

Based on my discussions with travel agents, I got my ECS done for my bachelors degree only. As per them, MS degree won't give any benefit.

Has anyone who has done MS from Bits Pilani got any benefit.

Thanks in advance.

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
india_user25 said:
Hi Experts,

I have done BTech (regular degree) from India and done MS from Bits Pilani, India (WLPD - work integrated learning program).

Based on my discussions with travel agents, I got my ECS done for my bachelors degree only. As per them, MS degree won't give any benefit.

Thanks in advance.
Use the wes equivalency tool to check your degree.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
It sounds like you got very bad advice.

http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Birla Institute of Technology and Science is an approved Institute. To my disbelief it is the first masters degree from India, I am seeing given equivalency. Even when degrees from NAAC A Accredited Colleges are sidelined. Though WLPD is a concern, the hours required for completion of a master's degree should meet. But since WES is running in an automated process, no worries there(I Guess). Re-submit and Best Wishes.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
9145 said:
Birla Institute of Technology and Science is an approved Institute. To my disbelief it is the first masters degree from India, I am seeing given equivalency. Even when degrees from NAAC A Accredited Colleges are sidelined. Though WLPD is a concern, the hours required for completion of a master's degree should meet. But since WES is running in an automated process, no worries there(I Guess). Re-submit and Best Wishes.
So true!

But still check in their free equivalency tool before applying or paying the fees.

ind2can2015

Sep 2, 2015
india_user25 said:
Hi Experts,

Thanks in advance.
Hi.. I also did M.S. WILP from BITS and trying to apply for WES.. So can you help me in this regard...
Did you get your ECA done for BITS M.S from WES...? And if wha is the procedure...

Brenna

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hi,

Can anyone please let me know the equivalent for MS from BITS obtained through distance education.
Will it be a master degree or bachelors.

Thanks in advance,
Brenna

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
9145 said:
Not sure why you feel that Masters degrees from India aren't recognised equivalently. You need to understand that every country has different study system in place that may or may not be compatible with your education system. Equivalency is a way to normalizing the various systems in accordance with their local requirements. Why most of the Master's degrees fail on equivalence criteria is because the education system works very differently from Canada in terms of course curriculum and teaching methodologies.

This isn't just an issue with India but will apply to any other country outside India. So don't worry education is just one aspect of the whole scoring system under EE. You may boost up your points in other categories. Stay positive and stay focussed.

ind2can2015

Sep 2, 2015
iCanada007 said:
Masters, I have received my ECA.
Hi iCanada007
Thanks for your reply good to know that they r giving Masters equivalent..

Could you please tell how did you get the transcript from BITS.. whether you got from BITS and then you sent it to WES..?

Thanks in advance.

india_user25

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
iCanada007 said:
Masters, I have received my ECA.
Hi,

Did you got your ECA as masters for BITS WLPD degree?

I actually tried the WES free tool and got my ECA as Bachelors only. So, i only applied with my Bachelor's Degree.

What was the procedure to obtain transcripts from BITS?

Thanks

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
I'm pretty sure it counts as a Master's.

sangs

Apr 16, 2014
I have sent my Masters Transcripts to WES .
MS in Software Engineering.

Waiting for the ECA, I may receive this week.