+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES - Tamil Nadu Diploma Transcript Process

manicse

Feb 16, 2017
Hi Guys

Currently in the process of getting WES assessment for my Diploma (year 10 + 3 yrs diploma).

I contacted the Technical Board and found the who process about getting Diploma assessment.

1) first need WES International Transcript Request form part B to be completed by polytechnic (principal's signature and the college seal)
2) Submit WES transcript with Number of sets (we required) + 1 extra sets for DOTE
3) With Indian Bank Online Challan (fees per document is rs 200 (within 10 years) or rs 300 (before 10 years))
4) Submit to DOTE in Chennai (directly if you in chennai or via have family/friend (candidate must provide an authorisation letter))

Questions
--------------
1) My principal said to get HOD signature and college seal - DOTE accept HOD signature?
2) What to fill in the following fields in indian bank online challan?
3) How long DOTE takes to review the document and provide transcripts? (my family has to travel from coimbatore to chennai - they cannot spend weeks waiting to get transcripts)?

2) How long

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Are you the main applicant or an accompanying spouse? If you are the main applicant, you wont score much on the education front.

I don't think WES evaluates technical qualifications. Check before you pay online. Use their free tool first for an outcome.

WES won't accept anything that has been signed by the college principal. They need the registrar of the university to sign and attest the documents. My wife had emailed WES to ask them if they would accept college issued transcripts and college attested marksheets. they told her to send them over and then after 3 weeks, they did not accept those documents. We then needed to get them done by the university.

Reactions: sundar17feb99

manicse

Feb 16, 2017
sorry xpressentry for late reply.

I am Main applicant. WES do evaluate technical qualification.

For my degree - have no issue getting university to sign and attest the documents.
For Diploma - I believe State board of Technical Education in Chennai must complete the transcript the form and attest the mark sheet etc.

Spoke to Technical Education in Chennai. They will only accept if principal has sign and authorised the WES transcript form.

Any help please?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
The principal can sign the request form but WES wont accept the principal's sign on transcripts. The request form is going to DOTE.

vmanik.7

Oct 27, 2017
Hi manicseNewbie,

I'm now at the same stage. I'm not sure how this Diploma credential evaluation takes place. Hope you might have understood the process now...

Can you please guide me what were the steps followed?

sky_limit

May 1, 2008
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
Hi manicseNewbie,

I'm now at the same stage. I'm not sure how this Diploma credential evaluation takes place. Hope you might have understood the process now...

Can you please guide me what were the steps followed?
Hi, I have a Masters, Bachelors and Diploma from DOTE Tamil Nadu. I am a permanent resident already (got it just couple of months ago). I never even evaluated my Bachelors and Diploma with WES. Evaluating highest education is good enough. Both me and my spouse evaluated just our Masters. Just get your highest degree evaluated.

Aug 23, 2017
Hi, i have compleated 10 years +3years in diploma in dote and working in dubai having 5years experiecne and i am planning to start the process for immigration, I dont have a bachelors degree, will my diploma works on crs? or is my diploma eligible for any short of course to study in canada,

arav12345

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Guys

Currently in the process of getting WES assessment for my Diploma (year 10 + 3 yrs diploma).

I contacted the Technical Board and found the who process about getting Diploma assessment.

1) first need WES International Transcript Request form part B to be completed by polytechnic (principal's signature and the college seal)
2) Submit WES transcript with Number of sets (we required) + 1 extra sets for DOTE
3) With Indian Bank Online Challan (fees per document is rs 200 (within 10 years) or rs 300 (before 10 years))
4) Submit to DOTE in Chennai (directly if you in chennai or via have family/friend (candidate must provide an authorisation letter))

Questions
--------------
1) My principal said to get HOD signature and college seal - DOTE accept HOD signature?
2) What to fill in the following fields in indian bank online challan?
3) How long DOTE takes to review the document and provide transcripts? (my family has to travel from coimbatore to chennai - they cannot spend weeks waiting to get transcripts)?

2) How long
Hello, I am in the same process. Can you please guide me?

prayoga_17

Dec 9, 2017
Hi, I have a Masters, Bachelors and Diploma from DOTE Tamil Nadu. I am a permanent resident already (got it just couple of months ago). I never even evaluated my Bachelors and Diploma with WES. Evaluating highest education is good enough. Both me and my spouse evaluated just our Masters. Just get your highest degree evaluated.
Hi,
I have done my Diploma(3 years), BE (Direct 2nd year - 3 years) and MS (from BITS). Is it enough if I get evaluated my MS degree?

sky_limit

May 1, 2008
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
Hi,
I have done my Diploma(3 years), BE (Direct 2nd year - 3 years) and MS (from BITS). Is it enough if I get evaluated my MS degree?
This is exactly my case. Diploma, lateral entry BE and MS. Yes evaluating MS degree is good enough.

prayoga_17

Dec 9, 2017
This is exactly my case. Diploma, lateral entry BE and MS. Yes evaluating MS degree is good enough.
Hi,
Thanks for your kind reply. Another query is, Can we send request to BITS to send the transcripts directly to WES? Do they take care in writing down our WES reference no. on the envelope and also ensure to keep our degree certificate inside the envelope? Also kindly confirm if your evaluation of MS got assessed as Canadian Master's equivalent? Would be grateful if you could answer those queries.

sky_limit

May 1, 2008
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
Hi,
Thanks for your kind reply. Another query is, Can we send request to BITS to send the transcripts directly to WES? Do they take care in writing down our WES reference no. on the envelope and also ensure to keep our degree certificate inside the envelope? Also kindly confirm if your evaluation of MS got assessed as Canadian Master's equivalent? Would be grateful if you could answer those queries.
Hi, I am sorry I am not sure about BITS. My MS was from a university in USA and yes I got it assessed as Canadian equivalent masters. BITS is a known educational institute. You shouldn't have any issues with the assessment. You could check here. http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp

My university accommodated the requests like adding WES reference no. etc. and they knew about the procedure too with WES. I am sure lot of people graduated with BITS would have gone through this process and BITS would probably know the procedure as well. Just reach out to them. Also, I do not think degree certificate copy is required in the transcripts if there is any consolidated transcript or last semester transcript saying course completed and degree has be awarded or eligible for a degree. This is what my MS transcripts read. My MS degree certificate copy was not attached to the transcript that went to WES for evaluation.

prayoga_17

Dec 9, 2017
Hi, I am sorry I am not sure about BITS. My MS was from a university in USA and yes I got it assessed as Canadian equivalent masters. BITS is a known educational institute. You shouldn't have any issues with the assessment. You could check here. http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp

My university accommodated the requests like adding WES reference no. etc. and they knew about the procedure too with WES. I am sure lot of people graduated with BITS would have gone through this process and BITS would probably know the procedure as well. Just reach out to them. Also, I do not think degree certificate copy is required in the transcripts if there is any consolidated transcript or last semester transcript saying course completed and degree has be awarded or eligible for a degree. This is what my MS transcripts read. My MS degree certificate copy was not attached to the transcript that went to WES for evaluation.
Hi,
Thanks again for your time. I had already checked on the free tool on WES to evaluate my degree. I entered only my MS Degree of BITS and got it evaluated as Canadian equivalent Bachelor's degree 4 years.
Would like to know if any of the guys have really got evaluated from WES after sending only their MS transcripts from BITS.

Thanks

sky_limit

May 1, 2008
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
Hi,
Thanks again for your time. I had already checked on the free tool on WES to evaluate my degree. I entered only my MS Degree of BITS and got it evaluated as Canadian equivalent Bachelor's degree 4 years.
Would like to know if any of the guys have really got evaluated from WES after sending only their MS transcripts from BITS.

Thanks
Check this out.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/is-ms-from-bits-pilani-wlpd-considered-equivalent-to-masters-degree-by-wes.332154/